"Too Young to Die"

Liebling:-))) said:
... Amanda´s lawyer made the film for her.
Her lawyer made the movie? Are you sure about that?

I guess I'm not the only frustrated person. :)

From one of the links:

"Frustrating as the film purports to be a true story but there is no postscript providing any factual details about Bradley. There is the usual trailer at the end of the film stating that the story is based upon certain factual events and persons, however ...(then we have all usual legal disclaimers).

My trawl of the Internet has found no details of any teenage murderess called Bradley or any other likely candidates who have had a change of name for the film. My search took in various sites about the convicted and condemned, starting in Oklahoma (the State where it appears Bradley was tried). I found details about being a pen pal to a resident of Death Row but no sign of Amanda Sue.

If there is anybody with any knowledge of the actual case, or a genuine case that the characters and incidents were based upon I would be interested to hear from you."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004CKHU/026-1386483-7275613

Reba said:
Her lawyer made the movie? Are you sure about that?

Yes it says in end of movie... I will watch again and let you know which name of Amanda´s lawyer and will note what the end of movie say and type this post here later to let you know.. Ok

Reba´s post
I guess I'm not the only frustrated person.

:)

Yes it says in end of movie... I will watch again and let you know which name of Amanda´s lawyer and will note what the end of movie say and type this post here later to let you know.. Ok :)
OK, thanks.

I'm just curious what actually happened to the girl.

:) Thank you for the input Leibling, I will have to watch that movie. What a shame that a girl that young, commited such an awful crime, but, her life had been such a bad one. Sounds like a good movie to watch. Thanks again!!

Welcome :)

My hubby & I watched on TV during afternoon coffee today.

I noted after end of movie...

I copied what the end of movie says.

In 1989, the United States Supreme Court decided that states have the right to execute minors who are 16 years old and oler for capital offenses.

There are presently 28 teenagers on death row waiting to die.

This story is based upon certain actual events and persons, however, some of the characterist ascribed to such persons and some of the characters and incidents portrayed and the names used here in are fictitious and any similarity to the name, character or history of any such person, whether living or dead, is entirely concidental and unintentional.

This motion picture is protected under the laws of the United States of America and other countries, unauthroized duplication, distribution or exhibition may result in civil liabitiy & criminal proescution.

Lawyer´s name is Buddy Thornton. (I belelive it´s false name to protect his real name). :dunno:

Story by David Hill

That´s all what the end of movie written... It didn´t says that Amanda´s lawyer made the movie but my hubby suspect that it´s Amanda´s best friend Jean and lawyer work together to make movie because it´s them who know a lot about Amanda´s past history.

It got my hubby pain after watch on TV for a first time today.

Hi Liebling,

Thanks for the info. :)

After reading the disclaimer that you posted, I understand that the story is a mix of fact and fiction.

I tried to do an internet search of David Hill but there wasn't any more info about him or his writings.

The lawyer's name is fake, so I can't do any search for him. Oh, well. :dunno:

I don't remember any thing like that and I am from Oklahoma. I will ask my dad though he's a sheriff.

I copied and pasted from my BBV website since I am a membership on it.
I did watched the movie but it is not Closed Captioned? There is no subtitles on portable DVD Player? I haven't test it on my regluar DVD player yet. I will today. SInce I wanted to mail the movies back tomorrow.

It look really sad movie...I will BE sure to watch it! And I pray it will be CC on it otherwise I'll have :pissed:!

Full Synopsis

Another "based on fact" TV movie, Too Young to Die? stars Juliette Lewis as a benighted teenaged girl. She is married at 14, is deserted, and begins walking the streets at 15. Abused by virtually every man with whom she comes in contact (including her own father), Lewis commits murder--and finds herself on Death Row before reaching her 16th birthday. Michael Tucker is the attorney who pleads that his client not be tried as an adult. Despite all the horrendous wrongs piled upon Juliette Lewis in Too Young to Die?, her character fails to elicit audience sympathy. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

Reba said:
What happened to the real girl? I searched and searched the internet but there is no information about her. Did they change her name for the movie character?

I understand your frustration. To answer your question regarding the name change, it's possible and LIKELY that they did change the girl's name for privacy reasons.

Reba said:
Hi Liebling,

Thanks for the info. :)

After reading the disclaimer that you posted, I understand that the story is a mix of fact and fiction.

I tried to do an internet search of David Hill but there wasn't any more info about him or his writings.

The lawyer's name is fake, so I can't do any search for him. Oh, well. :dunno:

That's the problem with made-for-tv movies. They take a factual story, and sensationalize it to draw ratings. I think you're wise to do your own research; even if it's just for mere curosity.

I'm going to take this movie with a serious grain of salt. We don't know if this lawyer made this movie for his own gain or not. That's how it seems to me, anyway. *shrug*

I just tested DVD of Too young to Die? in my DVD player, NO DAMN CLOSED CAPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: I am gonna file complaint but who? Any suggestion???

Thanks!

LakeTahoe said:
I just tested DVD of Too young to Die? in my DVD player, NO DAMN CLOSED CAPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: I am gonna file complaint but who? Any suggestion???

Thanks!

I'm total surprised that you don't have cc on DVD. I have subtitles on DVD. I alway make sure that DVD must have subtitles before buy them.

LakeTahoe said:
I copied and pasted from my BBV website since I am a membership on it.
I did watched the movie but it is not Closed Captioned? There is no subtitles on portable DVD Player? I haven't test it on my regluar DVD player yet. I will today. SInce I wanted to mail the movies back tomorrow.

It look really sad movie...I will BE sure to watch it! And I pray it will be CC on it otherwise I'll have :pissed:!

Full Synopsis

Another "based on fact" TV movie, Too Young to Die? stars Juliette Lewis as a benighted teenaged girl. She is married at 14, is deserted, and begins walking the streets at 15. Abused by virtually every man with whom she comes in contact (including her own father), Lewis commits murder--and finds herself on Death Row before reaching her 16th birthday. Michael Tucker is the attorney who pleads that his client not be tried as an adult. Despite all the horrendous wrongs piled upon Juliette Lewis in Too Young to Die?, her character fails to elicit audience sympathy. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide

Check 3 links, I provided in my first thread.

It did not says anything about her own father but step-dad who raped her.

Oh I didn't know anything about it .. I will ask my friend who is the Police Officer from Oklahoma ... then I will know, poor too young to dies ... :(

Reba said:
That's the same link that I found. It's just about the movie. It's not about the real girl.

I searched thru Oklahoma's death penalty links, and I still can't find the case. Maybe that was not her real name?

I can't find anything under the lawyer's name either.

I will ask my friend who is the Police Officer from Oklahoma if you would like find out more ok...:)

CutePommie said:
I will ask my friend who is the Police Officer from Oklahoma if you would like find out more ok...:)

I don´t think they will tell you because it protect their privacy.

I don´t think they will tell you because it protect their privacy.
Criminal trials in the US are not private. They are public record. The only things that are kept private are identities of children, and sometimes rape victims. Murder trials are very public.

Reba said:
Criminal trials in the US are not private. They are public record. The only things that are kept private are identities of children, and sometimes rape victims. Murder trials are very public.

This gave me an idea for you, Reba. Depending on how much energy you want to put into this, and if you have a factual name of the lawyer, perhaps, you could do a public record search? You could probably get transcripts of the trial proceeding?

:dunno: Just a thought!

Back