To vegetarians, do you date or married meat eaters?

I would date a vegetarian, as I never had any major issues. I guess I have been lucky. :)

I tried dating a meat eater... it grossed me out. I tried though.

is that because you cannot taste person's tongue that been touch from meat? Wait.. tongue is still meat. and you're taste your own tongue like meat...

I tried dating a meat eater... it grossed me out. I tried though.

And the opposite is true. Long experience has taught me that my body can't tolerate an all-veggie diet. In fact, I can only maintain health with a virtual zero carbohydrate regimen. Just the smell most pasta and potatos makes me ill.

The last person I seriously dated in Montana was a Buddhist who embraced a vegetarian way of life but who decided to arm herself and took the personal protection class where I assisted.

Target practice was fun, as was going to each other's place of worship. We even had strangely similar political views, but not being able to dine together without turning the other's stomach was a real deal-breaker.

I am vegan. I would expect anybody I went out with also to be vegan. If they can't manage that I'm not interested. That is easy for me as I'm not really interested in going out with anyone, after what happened last time.

Before, as a pescotarian (fish eating vegitarian), often went out with meat eaters. I regret that now. I wish I'd been stricter because then I would not have met with any abusive partners. They all ate meat.

i am not dating the vegeterian anymore. ugh.. i wonder if the vegetarian always think of foods .. gonna find foods and eat eat eat? or it is about the same as people? it really annoy me when he always say foods.. foods.. foods.. in his away message.. gone to get foods.. dining on vegeteraIAN foods.. etc.. ugh..

i dont eat much as im a one meal type a day.. plus maybe 2 small snacks. so i dont eat much.. i dont talk about foods. but till now.. i am talking about it.. haha.. but just wondering.. hmm..

As a meat eater, I have no problem dating a vegetarian. My only concern would be how they act towards my preference of eating.

I would be willing to cook both types of food for both of us and if she orders only vegetables, i wouldn't object. However, if she is easily bothered by what I eat... then I wouldn't date her.

I know some vegetarians who are easily bothered by others who eat meat. "O... M... G... ! Are you going to eat THAT!? Jeez! Don't you have any respect for the animals that your food came from? Jeez!" Seriously, that's a big turn-off for anyone in an eating environment... especially for people who happen to be sitting at a nearby table. :roll:

As a meat eater, I have no problem dating a vegetarian. My only concern would be how they act towards my preference of eating.

I would be willing to cook both types of food for both of us and if she orders only vegetables, i wouldn't object. However, if she is easily bothered by what I eat... then I wouldn't date her.

I know some vegetarians who are easily bothered by others who eat meat. "O... M... G... ! Are you going to eat THAT!? Jeez! Don't you have any respect for the animals that your food came from? Jeez!" Seriously, that's a big turn-off for anyone in an eating environment... especially for people who happen to be sitting at a nearby table. :roll:

i have same plm with you.. i have no plms.. tilll i dated one and after we break it off.. now he insulted me with those hatreds about foods..
like for example this one he sent me..

Actually you had some food that was fried or whatever and saw the sloppy
mashed potatoes and it make me real sick see that kind of food being
eaten by YOU...plus sis thre out the grease drippings from that pan
outside then I started gagging and cough more more...

my respond back to him..

it was fried pork chops. mashed potatoes and cream of corn. i DID taste pork chops then gave to the dogs so I only ate mashed potatoes and cream of corn. you didn't stay in long enouigh to see what i eat or not eat.

it was not sloppy mashed potatoes.. it was actually thick and delicious.. cream of corn.. that is sloppy.. you are idiot.. cuz you didn't stay long enough to see what i was eating.. gosh..

sure it is making you sick cuz you dont eat meat.. so TUFF LUCK!!! why worry about it?? u didn't eat??? u didn't have to eat pork chops but mashed potatoes and cream of corn? FUCK YOU.

see u didn't tell me anything.. keeping secret and not tell me?? its you.. not me.. look who's talking.... FUCK YOU..

NOW I AM GLAD I KNOW.. YOU ALWAYS EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT .. stop eating too much.. gosh!

always talking about FOODS FOODS FOODS FOODS FOODS

U ACTUALLY MAKE ME SICK WHEN U ALWAYS TALK ABOUT FOODS.. UGH.. SICK OF FOODS..

you make me GAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG....

I'm a Lacto-ovo vegetarians, but am very limited in my dairy intake, which is next to nill.

In case anyone's interested, here are the differences: What are the Different Kinds of Vegetarians?

Not sure if I'd want to date a woman who ate animals, especially is she's a Christian and says she's "pro-life." How can a person be a Christian and eat animals at the same time?:confused:

I side with dreama! Thanks for posting that website!

Not sure if I'd want to date a woman who ate animals, especially is she's a Christian and says she's "pro-life." How can a person be a Christian and eat animals at the same time?:confused:

Well, we are omnivores by nature. :dunno2:

If you ask me, I would say our natural dietary habits would be similar to that of a bear. Bears are omnivores, approximately or less than 8% of their diet involve meat. The rest are fruits, plants, etc.

I agree with everything you say, Banjo. A slight nit-pick is your percentages. For Ursus americanus, it's probably right.

I'm more like Ursus horribilus; a full third of my diet is meat. If you present the opportunity, it jumps to 100%. When in grizzly country, we humans are not at the top of the food chain, hee hee.

I don't mind to date meat-eater as long as they don't mention a such negative thing about animals. I don't like how they treat those creatures with no respect.

I know a lot, lot, lot and so lot of people are meat-eaters and, sometimes, they don't give a fuck about how animals feel. As if they'd rather to show no respect for them. :shakes the head:

I stopped to buy any product, fur stuff, medicine, and any kind of meat since they treated almost all of those creatures in very brutal way. I was only 18 to decide to stop use or eat anything else.

I'm currently working on my vegan because.. If I eat a meat, I will not respect any animal who used for food. If I eat/drink eggs, milks, etc etc, then I will not respect cows, chickens, etc etc. If I wear a fur stuff, I will not respect cats, dogs, and etc tec who used for warmth clothes. If I use a supple who had been tested on those animals, I will not respect monkeys, cats, rabbits, mice, and etc etc.

Well, I hope meat-eater can change to be vegan only if they learn the total truth about them.

Besides, you can't be animal lover if you are meat-eater or using a supple, fur stuff, and others. You can't have both, otherwise, you will not respect them.

Just thought of mine as my opinion...

Last edited:
Besides, you can't be animal lover if you are meat-eater or using a supple, fur stuff, and others. You can't have both, otherwise, you will not respect them.

Just thought of mine as my opinion...

I am an animal lover, but that's not going to stop me from eating meat. :dunno2:

Native Americans in some tribes respected life. They will thank the spirits whenever they kill a deer, buffalo and such for the sacrifice.

Look at animals like lions, wolves, polar bears, seals and more. They are all carnivores. You need to familiarize yourself with the concept of the food chain. There is a reason why we have carnivores, it's to keep the animal population in balance.

I am an animal lover, but that's not going to stop me from eating meat. :dunno2:

Native Americans in some tribes respected life. They will thank the spirits whenever they kill a deer, buffalo and such for the sacrifice.

Look at animals like lions, wolves, polar bears, seals and more. They are all carnivores. You need to familiarize yourself with the concept of the food chain. There is a reason why we have carnivores, it's to keep the animal population in balance.

Humans are "powerful" than all of animals, so they can do anything to do harm them or kill brutally them.

Think hardly. A human skin an alive creature for fur or food. Nice, right?
Beat it up for sport, food, fur, or others. Nice, right?

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. You post is not means we should to eat any meat like them because of carnivores animals do that.

But, where is mercy on them by then?

Humans are "powerful" than all of animals, so they can do anything to do harm them or kill brutally them.

Think hardly. A human skin an alive creature for fur or food. Nice, right?
Beat it up for sport, food, fur, or others. Nice, right?

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. You post is not means we should to eat any meat like them because of carnivores animals do that.

But, where is mercy on them by then?

We are omnivores by nature, not carnivores nor herbivores.

Anyway, I do think it's inhumane to hunt animals for sports, and to skin them while they are alive is just plainly cruel. I also believe that canned hunting is wrong because it's the same as hunting for sports.

When an animal is killed, nothing should be wasted in vain.

The problem with today's world is that we waste a lot of animals simply for meat and nothing else. They end up eroding the land and such because a large quantity of them are left in the same place. It's also known that their remains often seeps into the waterways. They are either the #1 or #2 polluter in the world.

Native Americans never did that. Whenever they hunt and kill animals, they use literally everything out of an animal so it won't be wasted. They would eat the meat, they would make tools out of their bones, they would make clothing out of their fur and skin and many more.

It's true that we are the dominating species of Earth. However, we are not at the top of the food chain. Some of us are able to outsmart animals but that doesn't always pan out well for us.

Mercy... well. Nobody said life was fair.

Anyway, I do think it's inhumane to hunt animals for sports, and to skin them while they are alive is just plainly cruel. I also believe that canned hunting is wrong because it's the same as hunting for sports.

The problem with today's world is that we waste a lot of animals simply for meat and nothing else. They end up eroding the land and such because a large quantity of them are left in the same place. It's also known that their remains often seeps into the waterways. They are either the #1 or #2 polluter in the world.

Native Americans never did that. Whenever they hunt and kill animals, they use literally everything out of an animal so it won't be wasted. They would eat the meat, they would make tools out of their bones, they would make clothing out of their fur and skin and many more.

It's true that we are the dominating species of Earth. However, we are not at the top of the food chain. Some of us are able to outsmart animals but that doesn't always pan out well for us.

:werd:

There shouldn't be problems with eating meat.

There are animals becoming extinct because they are being hunted too much or for the wrong reasons. We wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for our ancestors who hunted animals for the right reasons such as pilgrims and Native Indians.

There are animals becoming extinct because they are being hunted too much or for the wrong reasons. We wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for our ancestors who hunted animals for the right reasons such as pilgrims and Native Indians.

True. The passenger pigeon in North America became extinct due to market hunting. The buffalo nearly was extincted in a combination of market hunting, sport for society people in trains, and some evil people's efforts to deprive the plains Indians of food and shelter. Just two sad examples.

Market hunting is no longer legal, and market fishing may go the same way. I don't hunt for sport . . . never did. I hunt and fish for food, the natural right of any predator. There are no endangered animals presently hunted in North America.

In fact, hunters, anglers, and shooters pay 100% of funds to support wildlife habitats in the U.S. for both game and non-game. Not one dime of other taxpayer's monies go to maintain wildlife and parks.

Yeah, I agreed with you some of your post.

Well, still, if they had those animals for tools, food, or whatever it is, then they should treat them in a proper way with care for all matters. I don't want to see how much animals are suffering for our greed and sadisitic...

True. The passenger pigeon in North America became extinct due to market hunting. The buffalo nearly was extincted in a combination of market hunting, sport for society people in trains, and some evil people's efforts to deprive the plains Indians of food and shelter. Just two sad examples.

Market hunting is no longer legal, and market fishing may go the same way. I don't hunt for sport . . . never did. I hunt and fish for food, the natural right of any predator. There are no endangered animals presently hunted in North America.

In fact, hunters, anglers, and shooters pay 100% of funds to support wildlife habitats in the U.S. for both game and non-game. Not one dime of other taxpayer's monies go to maintain wildlife and parks.

However, canned hunting is still a problem.

What Are Canned Hunts?

Canned hunting operations, also referred to as "shooting preserves" or "game ranches," are private trophy hunting facilities that offer their customers the opportunity to kill exotic and native animals that are trapped within enclosures. Some facilities even allow their clients to kill animals remotely via the Internet.
Remotely via the internet? Scary thought.

Stop Canned Hunts

It's obviously not illegal if your vice president is involved with canned hunting.

Cheney's Canned Kill, and Other Hunting Excesses of the Bush Administration

Laws against Canned Hunts

As reviled as it is by non-hunters and hunters alike, no federal law bans canned hunting, and the majority of states allow it. The regulations implementing the federal Animal Welfare Act do not apply to game preserves, hunting preserves, and canned hunts. Although the Endangered Species Act protects animals listed as endangered or threatened, the Fish and Wildlife Service does not prohibit private ownership of these animals and even allows the canned hunting of endangered species.

I feel the same way you do about so-called sport hunters shooting privately-owned stock on private land.

I don't know about other places, but in Montana those farms do not stock native deer and elk. The deer are, as said, exotic species raised for the purpose. The elk are actually domesticated European red deer. Not to condone the practices, they are private stock on private fenced-in land, under close inspection by Fish, Wildlife, and Parks.

Even the Gros Ventre and Assiniboine peoples at Ft. Belknap reservation do the same thing with their domesticated bison. The so-called hunt costs $600 to $1000. I call it a shame.

I think the whole business is reprehensible. I never have and never will shoot fish in a barrel or sitting ducks on a pond. I hunt with a black powder single shot rifle and/or a handgun, but I don't claim any sporting philosophy. They are merely the tools I use for food gathering. However, they are at least as sporting as those who hunt plastic-wrapped game in Super WalMart, armed with a debit card.

Back