"to take advantage of"

Then it's a variation of WIN because the one I'm most familiar with has the non-dominant hand in the S handshape. However, I recall that it was used in context to mean "take advantage of" in a positive sense.

Or perhaps I'm remembering things incorrectly.

Middle finger off the palm is most commonly used in the negative sense.

A positive version I've seen is:

> non-dominant hand, open-B, neutral space, palm up
> dominant hand, palm sideways, starts in a loose 5 and then "scoops" across the non-dominant hand and ends in an S handshape (similar motion as the sign for WIN)

I'm not sure how common this version is as I've only seen it a couple of times.

I know that sign, we use it often.

Then it's a variation of WIN because the one I'm most familiar with has the non-dominant hand in the S handshape. However, I recall that it was used in context to mean "take advantage of" in a positive sense.

Or perhaps I'm remembering things incorrectly.

Nah, you were correct.

It is also used in the concept of "grabbing every chance" or "getting at the last fringes of the oil in the ground" things like that.

Nah, you were correct.

It is also used in the concept of "grabbing every chance" or "getting at the last fringes of the oil in the ground" things like that.

O.K. Thanks for the clarification. Even after two-years of formal ASL study, I still consider myself a newbie and have no problem with second guessing myself. :D

Back