To fight or not to fight

thewinterknight

Reaction score
Is it alright to fight someone just because he insulted you or is it better to be the better man and walk away from a fight, but this forces the perception of people to assume you as a coward, a wuss incapable of fighting. What are y'all opinions on this debate?

thewinterknight said:
Is it alright to fight someone just because he insulted you or is it better to be the better man and walk away from a fight, but this forces the perception of people to assume you as a coward, a wuss incapable of fighting. What are y'all opinions on this debate?

Walk away. And it makes you an even better man if you can ignore the perceptions of others.

And better yet, you can snicker at them for not being sophisticated enough to realize what you're doing. ;)

Though part of me would pull an evil, evil prank and get back anyway. *shhh*

I'm more of a "walk away" type of person. But that's because I'm a coward. :mrgreen:

Endymion said:
Walk away. And it makes you an even better man if you can ignore the perceptions of others.

And better yet, you can snicker at them for not being sophisticated enough to realize what you're doing. ;)

:werd: Exactly! It's one of my own personal philosphies that I have practiced a great deal over the years. Indeed it does takes a better man to walk away despite what others might think, are we to do what others think we should do? No, to be able to do the things that is not only meaningful within the heart, but to usurp the admiration and willingness to maintain peace as best as we possibly can!! :)

Uh-oh but I'm a woman here, I'm a guilty one, I think, nooo, I'm an Angel? nah, maybe not lately.... :sobs:

^Angel^ said:
Uh-oh but I'm a woman here, I'm a guilty one, I think, nooo, I'm an Angel? nah, maybe not lately.... :sobs:

Awww...psstt...once an Angel, always an Angel! :D

sometimes woman not like her bf is fighting, I have seen the guy got dumped right at bar/club when her bf was fighting for her that other guy was annoying her, my QQ why she dumped him if she was one who told her bf she was annoyed by that drunk guy :confused:

Depends....
If you mess w/me.. I'll mess w/you.. :)
what women for..

Black cat vs White cats...
:giggle:

GalaxyAngel said:
Depends....
If you mess w/me.. I'll mess w/you.. :)
what women for..

Black cat vs White cats...
:giggle:

Guess I would have to 'declaw' you then.... ;) Then it'll be peaceful....:D

thewinterknight said:

From a U.S.-based legal perspective, you could end up facing charges for civil harassment AND paying monetary damages for the physical injuries you would've inflicted on the person in the small claims court. Now, how would that look?

Walk away. Save your money and spare yourself some distress, too, please.

*strong feined "street" accent* Well I reach in my pocket pull out my gun and bang bang no more problem.

Er. Oh yeah, that's illegal.

I'd suggest not fighting. Besides the fact that you could get arrested for it, chances are if they're a big enough idiot they'll come after you later with friends and ambush you.

But what if a man hit you, do you walk away or as the Heretic says "Revenge is the highest form of passion". Do you attack back or is it simply not worth the hass to fight back. I've seen many, many people lose everything at school simply because of one fight, but on the other hand it gains you respect in the eyes of many cowardly people.

I think it's better to walk away than going into a fight to make things worse. It brings flaring tempers if fights or bad arguments happen with enemies.

thewinterknight said:
Is it alright to fight someone just because he insulted you...
No, that is a foolish, prideful reason to fight. That's the kind of attitude that leads to road rage.

... or is it better to be the better man and walk away from a fight, but this forces the perception of people to assume you as a coward, a wuss incapable of fighting?
Who cares about the perception of people who judge someone for such childish reasons? It seems very junior high.

thewinterknight said:

Let me tell u a story about my son, one day he walked down the street to see his friend but he was not home so he walked back home. He was stopped by a car filled with 4 young men, one of them pulled a gun out of his pocket and asked my son "do u want to fight with me". My son made a wise decision to spare his life by saying no then he turned and walk away from them. Are u calling my son a wuss or incapable of fighting? No, he is brave and won his own battle by not jump into this stupid fightings alike those young men today. I do not see why those young men need to feel good by do this kind of things?

I think people are more coward if they want to fight some people in violent way. I do not mind good debator but we all need to learn to control our emotions when it comes to heavy heated debates.

jazzy said:
Let me tell u a story about my son, one day he walked down the street to see his friend but he was not home so he walked back home. He was stopped by a car filled with 4 young men, one of them pulled a gun out of his pocket and asked my son "do u want to fight with me". My son made a wise decision to spare his life by saying no then he turned and walk away from them. Are u calling my son a wuss or incapable of fighting? No, he is brave and won his own battle by not jump into this stupid fightings alike those young men today. I do not see why those young men need to feel good by do this kind of things?

I think people are more coward if they want to fight some people in violent way. I do not mind good debator but we all need to learn to control our emotions when it comes to heavy heated debates.

That's a good example of not fighting right there. We need more good examples like this.

Walk away and let it die.

Fighting is a fire, by contiuning to insult one another
only adds FUEL to the FIRE.

Allow the person to contiune, the fire eventually will die out (because
you aren't there to add more fuel).

Takes two to tango!

Back