To declaw cats or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh* I know I said it was the last time on my last post...

Now...Im not the one who's getting upset or angry...and Im not the one who made it personal.

It was someone that commented, that she was surprised that someone else decided to go ahead with the declawing, because she thought that person would change her mind...that was making it personal, even if it was that person's own opinion.

And then someone starts going off on declawing - thats what is going on.

OK?

Now, if you want this to be educational, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST. Go back to the topic of declawing and so on...ok?

Thanks!

Now I'm off.

The problem here is, the supporters don't like being criticized. That's why they are complaining. Some people are just so self-absorbed, they defend their decisions to make themselves feel better and less guilty. They prefer to be in denial and believe it's okay to chop off body parts of a cat. Even though they are aware of the fact that it's banned in several countries around the world.

The reason why it's legal here is pretty obvious... because it's a moneymaker.

People are heavily misinformed, declawing a cat isn't necessary at all. If one cannot live with what a cat is doing to their place, it's a sign that a new home for the cat is needed. Or better training. Unfortunately, most pet owners don't even think about the training before they adopt them. Cats can be trained, but it has to be done when they are kittens before they become independent thinkers.

Like I've said on several occasions, I don't care if people feel offended as long I believe in what I say. I've stuck to the topic so far, as this is about declawing. I do truly believe that Canadians and Americans are grossly misinformed on the subject. Nothing's going to stop me from saying it's wrong.

It's funny how some people like to complain about being judged while they freely judge celebrities like Tom Cruise without hesitating. Hypocrisy at its best.

WTF?! *shakes my head in disappointment*

DreamDeaf :hug: I'm bowling out of this thread too. These people are just plain right rude end of the discussion!

Mods, please lock this thread.

I did not intend to make you all feel guilty. I thought it was good to educate more people the cons about declawings. I am not angry at those who had their cats declawed because I know there were no alternatives to declawing back then and that you had no choice but to declaw the cats.

Mods, please lock this thread.

I did not intend to make you all feel guilty. I thought it was good to educate more people the cons about declawings. I am not angry at those who had their cats declawed because I know there were no alternatives to declawing back then and that you had no choice but to declaw the cats.

I knew you did not mean it... you are trying to educate us...

educate and passing judgements are two different things therefore this thread has gone wayyy too personal...I'm sorry

I did not think you are rude on purpose... but you did make us having quilty trip.. pet owners with declawed cats like me...

I'm not guilty for declawing my own cats, it was my choice and mine alone

I'm not guilty for declawing my own cats, it was my choice and mine alone

Yeah.. my two cats are declawed too....i had to have them declawed.. i am bleeder.. one little puncture ..it bleed .. have hard time to stop bleeding...

:jaw: What´s this thread here? That´s because we see different what we did to our cats ? Is it rude because I am against declawing? or because I consider declaw as cruel? :confused:

I´m very sorry if you are upset what I think of declawing.

Should I lie you that declawing is not cruel when the creator ask for our opinion?

Mod Note:

Time to close up this thread--no need for members pitting against one another for the 'choices' they do make. Thread started out educational--then obviously it became a bit personal or to a point of being judgemental.

Closing this thread in dire hopes that members could be able to unite with one another despite the various of different opinions or actions taken. Peace out.

~RR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back