To Alex and the mods

UpstNYDesigner

Reaction score
Alex and the other mods,

I would like to see a change in this forum. While AD is fantastic site and I am enjoying maybe 90 percent of the time. The other is that I dislike the vulgar languages some members may have posted and the visual language. That is, like someone with the avator that shows appearantly unhappy woman with shaking her.. things on her chest and another showed two females shaking their heads. Sure, some people have those kind of sense of humor, I do not and I thought of an idea. A suggestion to allow some members to block undesireable pictures, avators, languages but still be able to access in here.

I find those things disgusted and I am sure there are teenagers that have access to this site or even children would see those things.

I would like to see addtionals on such site. This is the only best thing I have right now within the deaf community. I am not with the deaf community in person in my town at all. Long story.

Another thing, I would like to see some controls in my threads since I do not like to see people change the subject but still connected somehow. For example, with my fast food restaurant choices. There are people ranting about how bad it is. That is NOT the subject I am talking about and I am trying to ignore that. I would like to delete that part.

I remembered when I was new a couple of months ago and people really got to talk with me or replying but lately, I noticed when I say something, they ignore me. Too few people replied. Only when I make new threads, they reply but not too much. Only one who happened to be from my town is replying so much.

I am not going to be on much anymore. But every once in a while. That is because of both lack of responses and the languages/visual that are unfavorable to me.

Alex and the other mods,

I would like to see a change in this forum. While AD is fantastic site and I am enjoying maybe 90 percent of the time. The other is that I dislike the vulgar languages some members may have posted and the visual language. That is, like someone with the avator that shows appearantly unhappy woman with shaking her.. things on her chest and another showed two females shaking their heads. Sure, some people have those kind of sense of humor, I do not and I thought of an idea. A suggestion to allow some members to block undesireable pictures, avators, languages but still be able to access in here.

I find those things disgusted and I am sure there are teenagers that have access to this site or even children would see those things.

I would like to see addtionals on such site. This is the only best thing I have right now within the deaf community. I am not with the deaf community in person in my town at all. Long story.

Another thing, I would like to see some controls in my threads since I do not like to see people change the subject but still connected somehow. For example, with my fast food restaurant choices. There are people ranting about how bad it is. That is NOT the subject I am talking about and I am trying to ignore that. I would like to delete that part.

I remembered when I was new a couple of months ago and people really got to talk with me or replying but lately, I noticed when I say something, they ignore me. Too few people replied. Only when I make new threads, they reply but not too much. Only one who happened to be from my town is replying so much.

I am not going to be on much anymore. But every once in a while. That is because of both lack of responses and the languages/visual that are unfavorable to me.

Aw...Don't worry if you leave AD, we can still talk through Email.

Umm Mark...I agree with u about the foul language (I gotta admit I am guilty of it too) and the vulgar pics.

However, about people not responding to your posts or threads..I have had that happen to me too but I took at as they are not interested in my threads or what I have to say. Is that what u are referring to? There are so many threads and replies and not everyone can respond in all of them. I would love to reply to every thread or posts but that's an impossible task. I hope I read u right? If I read u wrong, then disregard my statement. :)

Alex and the other mods,

Well, i agree with you on those disgusting avatars that is not necessary
in here in my opinion. Like the ones you described that are really nasty
like the one i just posted and told him what i thought of his avatar of a
lady wearing too tight shorts and her bottom was hanging out, pretty
disgusting. I think they should be banned as there might be young children
coming in here, you know?
So what do you think, Alex? should they be banned?

If you find a signature image or avatar that you feel is inappropriate, contact a moderator and explain why it is inappropriate. We can't keep an eye on every signature image and avatar 24/7.

Umm Mark...I agree with u about the foul language (I gotta admit I am guilty of it too) and the vulgar pics.

However, about people not responding to your posts or threads..I have had that happen to me too but I took at as they are not interested in my threads or what I have to say. Is that what u are referring to? There are so many threads and replies and not everyone can respond in all of them. I would love to reply to every thread or posts but that's an impossible task. I hope I read u right? If I read u wrong, then disregard my statement. :)
If people don't reply to your thread, don't worry about it. It doesn't mean that they hate you, just that they probably have nothing to say or the topic doesn't interest them. I've created a lot of threads that got no responses... but I don't care. :)

Once, I told a joke and the thread received over 2,000 views... yet, no one replied. Do I care? Nah! Maybe, they're laughing and don't have anything to say... or the joke sucked. It's not the end of the world... for there are millions of other jokes to be told and shared. :thumb:

If people don't reply to your thread, don't worry about it. It doesn't mean that they hate you, just that they probably have nothing to say or the topic doesn't interest them. I've created a lot of threads that got no responses... but I don't care. :)

Once, I told a joke and the thread received over 2,000 views... yet, no one replied. Do I care? Nah! Maybe, they're laughing and don't have anything to say... or the joke sucked. It's not the end of the world... for there are millions of other jokes to be told and shared. :thumb:

I know..I am not worried about it. Dont care either but it seems that Mark cares? Did I interpreted what he was trying to say wrong?

Well, i agree with you on those disgusting avatars that is not necessary
in here in my opinion. Like the ones you described that are really nasty
like the one i just posted and told him what i thought of his avatar of a
lady wearing too tight shorts and her bottom was hanging out, pretty
disgusting.
I think they should be banned as there might be young children
coming in here, you know?
So what do you think, Alex? should they be banned?

Yea, that was nasty. Ugh! I am sure straight guys wouldnt enjoy it if I posed an avatiar of penises..LOl!

This is really old issue, we had huge argument last year! And the majority has spoken! So, Alex decided not to change anything. If you wish not to see others avatar, simply disable the avatar feature on your User CP.

This is really old issue, we had huge argument last year! And the majority has spoken! So, Alex decided not to change anything. If you wish not to see others avatar, simply disable the avatar feature on your User CP.

Oh really? Must have occurred before I joined. Thanks for the FYI...:)

oh ok, but what about the teenagers and the children that
comes in here and see the nasty avatars?

That was part of huge argument that happens last year.
Those who opposed them lost! They have turn the argument upside down and made it real ugly. So, I am sure Alex will not tolerate another eposide like this.

oh ok, but what about the teenagers and the children that
comes in here and see the nasty avatars?

I know..I am not worried about it. Dont care either but it seems that Mark cares? Did I interpreted what he was trying to say wrong?
Sorry, I wasn't replying directly to you... just agreeing with you. :thumb:

Alex and the other mods...
Hello Mark,

This has been discussed a few times in the past. Basically, mild vulgar language is acceptable, but any negative or hateful language directed specifically at another member is not acceptable. Language meant to be sexually explicit is ok as long as it's kept in the sex forum.

As for avatars and signatures, as long as they are not nude or sexual images, then it's ok. All members of AD have the option to disable/block signatures and avatars by going to their Admin CP > Edit Options > and uncheck "Show Signatures" or "Show Avatars", or both.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Enjoy your weekend.

Back