Tips for dating hearing women?

Just two things - Confidence & Openness. If you are confident enough to sweep off a girl, your hearing loss would never would be an issue to her. And if it is, she is probably out of her mind! (not sure why I said this, but I have not been actively dating!!).

The answer isn't so hard...

I have the same expectations for the deaf man I am seeing as for a hearing man. Open doors, be a gentleman, etc. :hmm: One thing I have noticed is that he doesn't get frustrated, ever, when we are talking and he can't communicate something that he wants to tell me. lol He was trying to teach me the sign for "week" and I kept thinking he was spelling "3, e, e, k" and I was totally not getting it. He just took a break and thought of a different way to explain it. It is really relaxing to sit and talk to him. The conversation is a little slower paced than I am used to but it's much more fulfilling to know that someone likes you enough that they will put forth such effort to just communicate. And although I am perfectly willing to translate when he is having a hard time, he doesn't ask me to very often. I don't ever want to feel like he just wants me around because I know some signs and can make his life a little easier.

For me, when dating a deaf man, I found the most important thing he ever explained to me was what he valued most. Other than that, be yourself, and don't get frustrated. =) I wish you the best.

well, i've only dated hearing men.. i'd imagine they'd have to be motivated to learn sign so they can communicate with you.. if they don't know sign, that is. if they aren't, then they're not worth your time.

well, i've only dated hearing men.. i'd imagine they'd have to be motivated to learn sign so they can communicate with you.. if they don't know sign, that is. if they aren't, then they're not worth your time.
Amen

How funny, I dating most hearing women and relationships was a longer than I had with ONE deaf girl.

None of them know sign language and I don't know how to speak well.

Its cuz you a PIMP! hahahaha ;)

everyone gave this guy good advice..

From a hearing girl... basically just be yourself what else can you do!

Women are impressed when men are thoughtful and concerned about their well being. Women notice little things like when a guy makes sure that you're not too cold and offers you his jacket if you're cold. That's a great excuse to snuggle up together! Plan dates and show that you thought out the plan. Don't pick her up with the gas gauge on empty and make her wait in the car at the gas station (bad form!). If you're not willing to take the time to do these things, she will decide that you're really not interested in her and find someone who does these things. Make her feel special and important. Good luck!

dont forget the shower-in-can (spray or roll de-odouriser), hide it in your cars' glovebox. Dont spray your jacket to rid the odour, instead wear a clean, seldom used jacket that is a 'dress jacket'. The idea is, to change your first appearance from 'boy' to 'man' and lose that cap when you are on a date
good luck

Women are impressed when men are thoughtful and concerned about their well being. Women notice little things like when a guy makes sure that you're not too cold and offers you his jacket if you're cold. That's a great excuse to snuggle up together! Plan dates and show that you thought out the plan. Don't pick her up with the gas gauge on empty and make her wait in the car at the gas station (bad form!). If you're not willing to take the time to do these things, she will decide that you're really not interested in her and find someone who does these things. Make her feel special and important. Good luck!

Nowadays, women see it as being "controlling" if a guy offer them their jackets. :eek3:

Where are you finding these women, Souggy? A kind gesture should be appreciated by a woman worth having!

Back