Thou shalt not suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets suppose if someone is very very sick and want
to go see Jesus and could hardly wait to
go to the Lord's heaven ?

I think this would depend on some certain situations
where euthanasia might be different from suicide.
Perhaps euthanasia could be more of "Self-Sacrifice"
depend on the circumstances.

:dunno:

Oceanbreeze said:
Just to give people something to think about here...

Do you consider euthanasia the same as, or different from, suicide.

Why or why not?

Suicide and sacrifice are not same to be killed. Suicide refers to a person who takes his life for himself, not for anyone. Sacrifice refers to a person who takes his life for someone whom he loves. Suicide has NOTHING for anyone, but sacrifice has special something for anyone.

Wow, thats a Good answer here....
Thanks
:thumb:

Askjo said:
Suicide and sacrifice are not same to be killed. Suicide refers to a person who takes his life for himself, not for anyone. Sacrifice refers to a person who takes his life for someone whom he loves. Suicide has NOTHING for anyone, but sacrifice has special something for anyone.

I firmly believe that if a Christian commits suicide, they will go to Heaven when they die, based on what Scripture says about belonging to Him. However, that is not to say that God isn't going to ask that person, "Why are you early?"

Oceanbreeze said:
Just to give people something to think about here...

Do you consider euthanasia the same as, or different from, suicide.

Why or why not?

Personally, I have three categories: euthanasia, Physician Assisted Suicide, and suicide. The first two are pretty well defined (although both are commonly referred to as "euthanasia" - wikipedia has the exact definitions), while the third is more of a catch-all.

I consider them different. Don't know if I could construct a really logically sound argument, but it boils down to the idea that I think PAS (under certain specific circumstances) is not causing death, just hurrying it up a bit.

pek1 said:
I firmly believe that if a Christian commits suicide, they will go to Heaven when they die, based on what Scripture says about belonging to Him. However, that is not to say that God isn't going to ask that person, "Why are you early?"

Can you show me the Scriptures where it says that it is OK to commit suicide while he/she belongs to Him ?

Its been said if you commit suicide intentionally, its like killing someone else intentionally, your just killing yourself. So the 6th commandment just got broken and you don't have a chance for forgivness because it be too late. Now for sacrafice. You saved someone else's life and did NOT intentionally take your own life. Now that I believe you'd go to heaven for. But suicide no. That what I've learned for years about suicide. I don't think God would let you into heaven because of taking your own life is just like taking someone else's. Unless its not intentionally and you save someone else's life.

This is the way I see. God does not call for suicide or anyone to aid the person to commit suicide. Now, suicide does cut short what God called us to do. Well, those who are in Christ, its not based on what you do, its based on what HE did. Even suicide can't touch the name of Book of Life, bec its written in red. But those who consider commit suicide need to listen to this, inspite of your faith in Christ (for christians), you will lose your blessings/reward and you may say heaven is good enough, but understand, its much more than just going to Heaven. Now, like its been happening, by can't stand by seeing, hearing the dreadful groan by suffering so much pain and so called out of love, killed the person, bec you want your loved one free from the pain, that's understandable. But it is God's authority to decide, do you know even God looks at the heart of people and you think God doesn't care? No, He does care, look how much Jesus suffered. For what? Our sins. He took all our sins upon Himself on the cross. He knows our pains. In some ways like the lady in florida, who's right and who's wrong? Is it suicidal or murder? The way I see, it isn't. There is nothing we can do. Now, we see both side about this situation. Its not up to us , bec we weren't there. Its God's. What we need to do is this, have to concern about your family concern. Truthfully, it is nt easy how we look at. Sacrifice and suicide is huge difference, it doesn't go hand in hand, its opposite.

jlfwildkat said:
Its been said if you commit suicide intentionally, its like killing someone else intentionally, your just killing yourself. So the 6th commandment just got broken and you don't have a chance for forgivness because it be too late. ...
Suicide is a sin yes, but just like all other sins, it is covered by the blood shed by Jesus. If the person trusted in Jesus for salvation prior to committing suicide, then that person is still forgiven. That person will still go to Heaven.

However, committing suicide is not a good testimony for a Christian, and will have a negative impact on the people left behind, so it is a serious sin.

what about these suicide bombers, are they sacrificing themselves to fight for their country???

FreedummyRing said:
what about these suicide bombers, are they sacrificing themselves to fight for their country???
That's a very good question. But the truth is, fight for their country from what? Mostly suicide bombers been brainwashed by the leaders/teachers. They aren't out there to protect their country, but to kill the innocents. They are being taught, Allah will reward you if you destroy the people who doesn't follow their religions. What does the innocence do? Their saying? Oh they aren't innocent, they are evil and not follow what Allah says. Would I call that sacrifice? No. Its suicidal and what you think the word suicide bomb is?

hottiedeafboi said:
That's a very good question. But the truth is, fight for their country from what? Mostly suicide bombers been brainwashed by the leaders/teachers. They aren't out there to protect their country, but to kill the innocents. They are being taught, Allah will reward you if you destroy the people who doesn't follow their religions. What does the innocence do? Their saying? Oh they aren't innocent, they are evil and not follow what Allah says. Would I call that sacrifice? No. Its suicidal and what you think the word suicide bomb is?

why can't we call them homicide bomber, since they are killing people too.

FreedummyRing said:
why can't we call them homicide bomber, since they are killing people too.
It is a homicide, homicide is the person(s) killed by the murderer(s) (that's include suicide bombers or person kill the victim(s) then self)

CyberRed said:
Can you show me the Scriptures where it says that it is OK to commit suicide while he/she belongs to Him ?

Refer to Reba's post, #29. It will leave many, many unanswered questions for the family and friends of the person who killed themselves, no doubt. I just can't imagine . . .

pek1 said:
Refer to Reba's post, #29. It will leave many, many unanswered questions for the family and friends of the person who killed themselves, no doubt. I just can't imagine . . .

I believe that it is against God's will for a person to commit suicide to take his/her own life. It's sin to take one's own life... it will show his/her miserable, because, by takin' one's own life is soo UN-forgivin'. To me, it is not forgivin' to take one's own life.

Commit suicide is an unforgivin' decision.

CyberRed said:
I believe that it is against God's will for a person to commit suicide to take his/her own life. It's sin to take one's own life... it will show his/her miserable, because, by takin' one's own life is soo UN-forgivin'. To me, it is not forgivin' to take one's own life.

Commit suicide is an unforgivin' decision.
Remember, nothing takes away Father's hand, nothing. But tho, as I said and also Reba said, those who are in Christ regardless, bec ALL sins be forgiven, but he/she will held accountable and that reward will be a loss. I know, don't remember which post number I explained.

hottiedeafboi said:
Remember, nothing takes away Father's hand, nothing. But tho, as I said and also Reba said, those who are in Christ regardless, bec ALL sins be forgiven, but he/she will held accountable and that reward will be a loss. I know, don't remember which post number I explained.

Umm... remember the story about Judas Iscariot ? He took his own life by hangin' himself. He was the one of Jesus Christ's disciples. Does that means he won't be takin' away from Father's Hand and held accountable and the reward will be a loss ?

CyberRed said:
Umm... remember the story about Judas Iscariot ? He took his own life by hangin' himself. He was the one of Jesus Christ's disciples. Does that means he won't be takin' away from Father's Hand and held accountable and the reward will be a loss ?
If Judas was truly a born-again believer of Jesus Christ, then he would still go to Heaven.

If Judas was NOT a believer in Jesus Christ, then he would go to Hell.

Only God and Judas really knew the heart of Judas.

Reba is right. And remember, Jesus picked the 12, and remember Jesus foreknew Judas. Jesus knew Judas was blind of what the purpose of Jesus as a Messiah. Judas thought Jesus will have power to overcomes the Romans as thought as in OT the purpose of being here, but overlooked the whole message God has given throughout the OT. Judas is also greedy. Judas overlooked about Jesus as the Messiah has to die first to pay our sin debt in full for the FUTURE reign, not when Jesus born to RULE, but to DIE first, then in the future, Jesus will rule. Judas missed that part. Like Judas was a disciple, but Jesus appointed him for the purpose for His(Jesus) death. God has a perfect plan and timing. No, Judas didn't lose salvation bec of suicide. Judas killed himself bec he blamed himself afterward all the things he has done.

Reba said:
If Judas was truly a born-again believer of Jesus Christ, then he would still go to Heaven.

If Judas was NOT a believer in Jesus Christ, then he would go to Hell.

Only God and Judas really knew the heart of Judas.

Ok, then born again/true believers should follow Jesus Christ's example not to take one's own life. I am against commit suicide/anthansia ( sp ? ). The way I see it, be patience with God because He is not finished with that person who may think about committin' suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back