This Woman Adds Ice Cubes to Her Laundry, You Won’t Believe the Genius Reason Why

rockin'robin

Reaction score
You’re probably too busy to iron. So are we. Let’s face it: When we’re in a hurry to get out the door the last thing we want to hassle with is ironing our clothes.

Luckily, there’s a solution that will help you get rid of those wrinkles in a jiffy.

All you have to do is toss a couple (and we mean… just a couple) ice cubes in with your clothes when you run the dryer and voila!

As the dryer tumbles and heats up, the ice cubes melt to water, which eventually becomes steam. Just make sure to run your dryer on the highest setting for maximum results.

It may sound like a strange laundry trick, but it actually works.

Have you already tried this awesome laundry wrinkle-free technique?

http://firsttoknow.com/laundry-trick/?utm_source=facebookpage

If it's going to work. Let me know. I will try that this week if I remember. Lol

The problem is the heat, cottons hold onto water too long. I use nylon hankies pre-drenched in hot tap water. This sort of thing is not perfect but my body heat smoothes out my blouses as the morning wears on.

I just throw in a damp washcloth or something small enough. That works just as well as ice cubes

but washing damp in first place so why put damp cloth in,but will try ice cubes

You’re probably too busy to iron. So are we. Let’s face it: When we’re in a hurry to get out the door the last thing we want to hassle with is ironing our clothes.

Luckily, there’s a solution that will help you get rid of those wrinkles in a jiffy.

All you have to do is toss a couple (and we mean… just a couple) ice cubes in with your clothes when you run the dryer and voila!

As the dryer tumbles and heats up, the ice cubes melt to water, which eventually becomes steam. Just make sure to run your dryer on the highest setting for maximum results.

It may sound like a strange laundry trick, but it actually works.

Have you already tried this awesome laundry wrinkle-free technique?

http://firsttoknow.com/laundry-trick/?utm_source=facebookpage

and then her clothes shrunk lol

but washing damp in first place so why put damp cloth in,but will try ice cubes
true- the damp cloth works best when the clothes stay in the dryer (who hasn't forgotten....) and dry in there, getting wrinkled.

Ah I see-- seems it's putting an ice cube in there WITH the wet clothes. Seems like it's just adding more water and making the dryer work harder...

Yeah, it's the same thing we have, we have dryer with built in steamer. Couple of time that we forgot to take the clothes out of the dryer, it been sitting there for like 3 days and it's all winkly mess. So all we have to do is to press "Steam" button...viola!! All winkle free!!

I never thought of using ice cubes, it will work the same way we have.

That sounds like it would make a loud racket until the ice cubes melted. If I have wrinkled clothes that can be put into the dryer, I just dampen a sock or a face cloth slightly, add it to the dry-but-wrinkled clothes, and tumble everything for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it takes a bit longer, but I've used my dryer to get the wrinkles out of things for years.

Last edited:
I've got a puzzle for you. Are any of you familiar with clothes dryers that used HOT water from years ago? When I bought this house in 1989 the hot water line in the laundry room had two faucets coming off it and I was told that at one time there were clothes dryers that used hot water!

I've got a puzzle for you. Are any of you familiar with clothes dryers that used HOT water from years ago? When I bought this house in 1989 the hot water line in the laundry room had two faucets coming off it and I was told that at one time there were clothes dryers that used hot water!
No idea-- growing up we didn't have a dryer. In fact my parents didn't get a dryer until they moved here and for whatever reason mom finally decided to get one lol. I don't remember if my grandparents' dryer was like you described or not... I can picture it but couldn't tell ya if there were two faucets lol.

I am mad lazy about ironing. If something I want to wear is wrinkly I'll throw the clothes in the dryer with the damp towel I used after my shower in with them and run it for a few. Voila!!!

I am mad lazy about ironing. If something I want to wear is wrinkly I'll throw the clothes in the dryer with the damp towel I used after my shower in with them and run it for a few. Voila!!!

And you run around naked in the meantime?? :jaw:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Back