This sign keeps coming up and I cannot figure it out..

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK so I have been watching some YouTube vids to work on my ASL reception skills a bit, I am learning to watch the facial expressions as well as the signs (and it is quite interesting to see how much you can really convey just on facial expressions alone)

But in one of the videos a certain sign keeps coming up and for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

It is described as this:
The five hand is vertical and the b hand is horizontal and it taps the thumb of the five hand a couple of times.

What sign is this??

OK so I have been watching some YouTube vids to work on my ASL reception skills a bit, I am learning to watch the facial expressions as well as the signs (and it is quite interesting to see how much you can really convey just on facial expressions alone)

But in one of the videos a certain sign keeps coming up and for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

It is described as this:
The five hand is vertical and the b hand is horizontal and it taps the thumb of the five hand a couple of times.

What sign is this??

sounds like yak yak.. talk too much..

I want to make sure, which part of the "b hand" taps the thumb? Index finger or whole hand or what?

I wonder if it's easier if someone draw this picture, because it's harder to figure out what it is through sentences.

Is it a left 5-hand and a right B-hand? Where the B-hand kinda floats like a roof over the thumb of the 5-hand? You could just show us the video ;)

the palm of the b hand taps the thumb of the 5 hand a couple of times. I guess I should have clarified knowing slight differences in the signs can have entirely different meanings.

It sounds like SENIOR except we usually sign it with both hands in the 5-hand shape.

Dixie, do you have any context for this sign? Like what was the topic when this sign was used? Was the topic about school?

the guy was talking about his visit to gally. Obviously I wasnt able to comprehend the whole thing, but I was able to catch a few signs I know here and there and get some basic information.

It might be SENIOR if he was talking about college. If you watch the video again, see if that meaning fits the conversation.

alrighty, it is a bit late now and I have to get up in the AM so my response may not come until tomorrow afternoon. But I will watch the video again to see if the description fits the context.

It might be SENIOR if he was talking about college. If you watch the video again, see if that meaning fits the conversation.

Yea, it has to be SENIOR..

ditto, ive never seen senior sign with "S" signs tho...sounds englishy heh.

definately senior

Yes it is definitely senior now that I have gone back and watched the video. Thanks guys!

OK I will see if I can get my hands on it in the future. :lol:

:ty:

Yay, I got it right! Heh, sorry I am being arrogant now. But those questions like yours are like a game to me. Sort of like a guess game, where you get to guess what the answer is based on the sentence given. Fun!

its been a while since I last watched it, but I will post it later. It is late and I have to go to bed. Sorry.

Back