The Trio Game

Okay, wild shot-in-the-dark time: Alan Nunn May was a British physicist who gave secrets (spied) for the Russians. Don't know if his father made clothing, but three hits out of four clues ain't bad.

Okay, wild shot-in-the-dark time: Alan Nunn May was a British physicist who gave secrets (spied) for the Russians. Don't know if his father made clothing, but three hits out of four clues ain't bad.

But unfortunately for you incorrect. Would you take another wild guess if I said this guy was a writer? Much longer ago than Alan Nunn May.

But unfortunately for you incorrect.

Oh, how she relishes typing those words!

I'm stumped. W. H. Auden fits all the clues, including the accusation of spying, except his dad was a physician.

Oh, how she relishes typing those words!

I'm stumped. W. H. Auden fits all the clues, including the accusation of spying, except his dad was a physician.

Way earlier!

A writer for the stage. Murdered in a dispute over a bill.

A writer for the stage. Murdered in a dispute over a bill.

Sorry, I was interrupted while answering. I didn't recall Kit being accused of spying, but his untimely death over a tavern bill is well documented. Christopher Marlowe?

Sorry, I was interrupted while answering. I didn't recall Kit being accused of spying, but his untimely death over a tavern bill is well documented. Christopher Marlowe?

That is who I meant. Your turn Chase.

If you find this shocking, don't play

Thank you, Bottesini,

1. From the Latin, “amber-like.”

2. AC/DC (not the band).

3. The flow of water through pipes is a metaphor.

Yep, looks like you're the brightest bulb in the pack.

I think that prolific and very popular author of the late 1800s is Horatio Alger, Jr.

1. Another term for relected Lunar radiance.

2. Illegal whiskey, usually clandestinely distilled from corn.

3. Nonsense or foolish talk.

You got it, Byrdie. What's that brewing in your basement?

Back