The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVIII

I took piano lessons for 4 years, I got bored and started composing and writing my own music. My teacher who was a Nun used to sit outside the door and listen to me practice and try to catch me lol I'm sure she caught me but never after barging in as I would start playing the piece she gave me. Eventually she told me she knew what I was doing and asked me to play the music I was composing at a recital, I didn't know if I should be embarrassed or proud??? Turned out they loved it. She would let me come to the convent to play after lessons were over for everyone and encouraged my parents to buy a piano which they did buy an old piano on Cherokee Street Antique Row. My dad and I refinished an old player piano they bought ( found some old coins and other relics inside as well) They sold it after I moved out, And when I bought my second house I bought my first baby grand piano. I love playing the piano. Learned guitar from my dad and Ive played many other instruments as well. Music is in the blood.

If you don't want to deal with noise complaint, so you have move to rural, so your home will be far away from and to other house with huge yard.
Game over! She moved 2 months ago. As this post comes from September 5, 2016, kind of old.
Some people just like to make trouble and have no real facts . Special privileges, yeah ?

Last edited:
Game over! She moved 2 months ago. As this post comes from September 5, 2016, kind of old.
Some people just like to make trouble and have no real facts . Special privileges, yeah ?

I guess so... I didn't notice about date until after post.

but you probably get new neighbor that hate the sounds in near future. :dunno:

I guess so... I didn't notice about date until after post.

but you probably get new neighbor that hate the sounds in near future. :dunno:

No worries . Who knows it's a done deal anyways.

Had a great time at an ugly sweater party yesterday. Was supposed to be from 12 to 5PM but a small group of us stayed until 9 PM. The host used to work with us at my old job so those who still work at my old job, the host, and I chatted and chatted and chatted for another 4 hours. The best! Gosh, I miss working with that group of people. Yes, they are all deaf people. At my current job, I dont talk to anyone because all of them are hearing and dont know ASL and they dont want to make the effort to chat with me even though I have tried. Even with a CI, I still dont get treated equally by hearing non-signers so thats why I dont ever want to go back to the hearing world 24/7. I am so thankful for having the Deaf community. I would be lost without it.

Just saying...

0515e422e8f25497179684a4c1139d2dc4f821-wm.jpg

Got a kaykak for Christmas. Cant wait to use it!!!!!! Hurry summer!

I thought of taking it along for a winter vacation to the south but with you job that doesn't fit until spring.
I am taking a nice break from traveling anyway. Did 5 weeks of that all over the southwest. I can wait until summer. Time flies anyway.

Back