The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XVIII

Oh, there's so many questions that make me facepalm so hard I could knock myself out!

:hug:

Do you need a little ice for that facepalm there Reba? :laugh2:

Icepack-DEF.jpg

Oh, poor Calvin. He must be pretty busy here on AD these days. :lol:

We have seen consistently far worse.....way back when

Afraid not. Pretty sure it's because of the airplanes. Never know if one hits an airplane, and that may or may not be a reason why they're banned here.

Oh wow...I didn't know that. That wouldn't be very nice to the people on the plane.

Oh wow...I didn't know that. That wouldn't be very nice to the people on the plane.

No, it wouldn't, and since they go over my house quite often, and the fact that once they launch, they can go a LONG way up (I once saw one launch, so I know), and if one of these were to hit an airplane, I :dunno: what would happen, but I know I might get in trouble for that. The only way to legally launch a rocket is to do it south of Chicago-- preferably 200 or more miles away from the city, for safety reasons. It was a good friend of mine who explained to me that rocket launching in Chicago is prohibited for safety reasons, and I believe it's prohibited generally anywhere in Cook County.

Ah, I see. Still illegal to do that here, though. It's a serious offense if it's done. Not sure if rocket launching in Chicago is federal or not, because of the proximity to O'Hare. More than likely it would be. Airplanes go by here ALL THE TIME, so yeah, probably not a smart idea.

Can you show a copy of statue (law) about rocket launcher is illegal? :confused:

I wish it was the weekend already. ha! Already had a bad start to the work week.

No, it wouldn't, and since they go over my house quite often, and the fact that once they launch, they can go a LONG way up (I once saw one launch, so I know), and if one of these were to hit an airplane, I :dunno: what would happen, but I know I might get in trouble for that. The only way to legally launch a rocket is to do it south of Chicago-- preferably 200 or more miles away from the city, for safety reasons. It was a good friend of mine who explained to me that rocket launching in Chicago is prohibited for safety reasons, and I believe it's prohibited generally anywhere in Cook County.

As a rocketeer here - They probably were launching class 1 rockets. its generally safe from airplanes and dont need permission. They just need to make sure it lands in a safe place and if they don't police can be called.

If they were sending up class 2 and they were 5 miles or less from nearest airport or moa bases, then the FAA gets nervous and dont like that. They should be operating with someone over 18 and have FAA waiver to do so.

The human eye perceives things differently when they see an airplane and how high it is compared to the rocket hieghts .

today is the first time, that i decide not to go outside because its too cold. guess just today. I want some drinks. :hmm:

Back