The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a bad headache last week, it was no fun but I am better.

I hope you feel better soon, Shel. :hug:

Thanks...I am just very disappointed because I really really want to grab the opportunity to finish my classroom today when it is quiet. Oh well. My body is probably telling me "NO!!!" by this stupid headache. I have very dark circles under my eyes..eeek! I guess getting up at 4:45 am and then going to bed at 10:30 PM daily is something I am not used to. Hopefully, I will or it will be a long school year for me. :D

Lesson plans, curriculm materials, bulletin boards, posters, schedules, parent letters, homework folders, and furnture...

aww i couldnt believe that they dont pay you overtime. teachers donate their times for kids.

Cant wait for summer to be over! I love the Winter! Do me a favor ... trade snow with me then I would be happy! For some strange reason, there is more snow at where you live than where we live.

Actually this summer seems to be milder than normal with exception too much rain. Perhaps that is why we only hit 90 degree once this year. Right now it is nice and breezy 69 degrees.

and humidity messes up my hair!

please don't remind me that winter is on the way here. no thanks no thanks

It's not winter for a month or 2 isnt it? I quite like winter :)

Wearing warm clothes, the weather isnt too bad in England during winter, but it can be bitter cold.

aww i couldnt believe that they dont pay you overtime. teachers donate their times for kids.

The state is planning on cutting our salary again this year. If this keeps up, there would be no teachers left. This is beyond ridiculous. So people better appreciate teachers while they can because the future of teachers is not looking good. I heard that public school teachers in AZ will have classes of 45 plus students this year due to the budget cuts. 45 STUDENTS??? That's f*&$#@& crazy!!! Teachers will become seriously burnt out big time. Parents need to back off about bitching about teachers..seriously. People have no idea how much work we all put in for so little pay and little support. Seriously..

please don't remind me that winter is on the way here. no thanks no thanks

I don't mind getting closer to "winter", but can't we just skip from autumn right over to spring again? Plus that entire X-mas season is driving me nuts and I hate just thinking about it... :|

Shel: :shock: 45 students in one class?!? That's really a lot for a poor teacher. My cousin is a teacher and even if school only starts here in two weeks, she is already busy collecting stuff for her 1st grade pupils. Yes, there's a lot of work behind it!!! But people only see all the vacation they get but not the 8+ hours a day some teachers put into their work! What grade do you have? (Sorry if you have mentioned it before...)

I don't mind getting closer to "winter", but can't we just skip from autumn right over to spring again? Plus that entire X-mas season is driving me nuts and I hate just thinking about it... :|

Shel: :shock: 45 students in one class?!? That's really a lot for a poor teacher. My cousin is a teacher and even if school only starts here in two weeks, she is already busy collecting stuff for her 1st grade pupils. Yes, there's a lot of work behind it!!! But people only see all the vacation they get but not the 8+ hours a day some teachers put into their work! What grade do you have? (Sorry if you have mentioned it before...)

It is not just one teacher...this is what my friend had to say (I will copy and paste it with his permission)....

I have been talking with lots of teachers lately and am finding that the affects of the cuts made in '09 are showing results already. Class sizes of alarming numbers. I heard of a kindergarten class with 36 kids, a science lab with more than 40,... and a HS english teacher with 5 classes with an average of 38. Can you imagine grading nearly 200 essays?

45 kids in one class! That puts the teachers and students at risk.

Absolutely insane!! If parents have anything to bitch about it is the the government cutting back.

I agree teachers will become burned out more than what they already are.

It's a shame politicians don't seem to care more about educating the youngsters!!!! My cousin has a class of 28 first graders this year. We're probably living in small rural area but I still think that having to look out for 28 six years old children to be a lot!

And a HS teacher having to grade 200 essays is clearly madness!!!!

Hello guys-

I know it has been almost awhile since I was on AD.... Now I am back on AD...

Well, the reason that I haven't been on AD for awhile because I have been so busy taking care of my grandmother who was fighting against cancer. She was a truly fighter but sadly she has passed away recently last Tuesday morning. It was sooooo hard for me to deal with. I didn't wanted to talk to anybody or doing anything at all for a week or so. Just was really too upset and very depressed.. and have been taking care of my grandfather. He was very depressed and wanted his wife back but couldn't be here for us so I had to be around him to watch him carefully and he is improving much better right now. He is trying to think positive for us. I am glad that he is doing well by himself and started going to work and taking a visit to see us and the family more often as well. :)
He is very much excited for his great grandbaby on the way soon!! He kept asking me which is a boy or girl. I told him its a surprise!! He said, "well I cant wait to see my little peanut to be spoiled" LOL! I had the best talk with him and made him happy and shared alot of laughs. :) Thats what my grandmother wanted to see for us like that. :)

I am very sorry about your Grandmother Hollisterbabe

Sorry to hear your loss :(

When are you due? I am due in 10 more weeks!!! :hyper:
Hello guys-

I know it has been almost awhile since I was on AD.... Now I am back on AD...

Well, the reason that I haven't been on AD for awhile because I have been so busy taking care of my grandmother who was fighting against cancer. She was a truly fighter but sadly she has passed away recently last Tuesday morning. It was sooooo hard for me to deal with. I didn't wanted to talk to anybody or doing anything at all for a week or so. Just was really too upset and very depressed.. and have been taking care of my grandfather. He was very depressed and wanted his wife back but couldn't be here for us so I had to be around him to watch him carefully and he is improving much better right now. He is trying to think positive for us. I am glad that he is doing well by himself and started going to work and taking a visit to see us and the family more often as well. :)
He is very much excited for his great grandbaby on the way soon!! He kept asking me which is a boy or girl. I told him its a surprise!! He said, "well I cant wait to see my little peanut to be spoiled" LOL! I had the best talk with him and made him happy and shared alot of laughs. :) Thats what my grandmother wanted to see for us like that. :)

Sorry to hear your loss :(

When are you due? I am due in 10 more weeks!!! :hyper:

:ty: LakeTahoe

*hugs*

I am due on March 7th. So happy for you!!! :)

I am soooo excited for my little peanut to come this world. :hyper:

When are you due?? Is it a girl or boy? Just to be a surprise??

Hope your pregnancy goes well when it comes soon.

Sorry to hear about your loss, Hollister.

So many people are pregnant! :)

My headache is gone! Whew! That means I can go to PA tonight for GNO. My girlfriends are all deaf but we are an interesting bunch. One is strong culturally Deaf who went to Deaf schools, one grew up with ASL but was mainstreamed, one is very SEE and tends to Sim-Com, one is oral deaf who doesnt know any sign language and the other two are my best friend and myself who grew up oral and learned ASL late. LOL! It is always interesting whenever we get together. :)

I am due in 10 more weeks! Nov 6th....

Hubby think its a girl and I think it is a boy...so gotta wait! :lol:

It is our 2nd baby! 8 years later! :shock: Our 8 years old son is soo excited!!

:ty: LakeTahoe

*hugs*

I am due on March 7th. So happy for you!!! :)

I am soooo excited for my little peanut to come this world. :hyper:

When are you due?? Is it a girl or boy? Just to be a surprise??

Hope your pregnancy goes well when it comes soon.

My headache is gone! Whew! That means I can go to PA tonight for GNO. My girlfriends are all deaf but we are an interesting bunch. One is strong culturally Deaf who went to Deaf schools, one grew up with ASL but was mainstreamed, one is very SEE and tends to Sim-Com, one is oral deaf who doesnt know any sign language and the other two are my best friend and myself who grew up oral and learned ASL late. LOL! It is always interesting whenever we get together. :)

Weird shel :hmm:
I'v got a headache and I'm also out tonight. :giggle:

I am going out with 4 girls for my friend's 18th, they are all hearing. Should be fun communicating in noisy places!!......... NOT

:giggle:

My two children are 8 years apart. It is really nice. :)

That's so awesome!!! I am so happy for you and the family. :) Your son would be a great big brother to a little sibling as well. :hyper:

:ty: Shel90

*hugs*

Yes a lot of women are pregnant. More babies are coming on the way!!
The world will be like full of babies. :) Would be nice to have a larger family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back