The Best In The Country (and The World)

Not everything is propaganda. Take the vide about the hybrid CI, as I stated before it for a specific subgroup the girl in the vid was one of the first before FDA approval. Its effectiveness contributed to approval of the device. The university of Iowa was instrumental in its development. They were showing that fact.
If not propaganda, what would you call it?

These are real stories & real people. I don't see how successes with CIs are such bad things. If parents choose to implant their deaf children that within their rights. Adults also have the right to deal with their hearing issues however they choose.

Not everything is propaganda. Take the vide about the hybrid CI, as I stated before it for a specific subgroup the girl in the vid was one of the first before FDA approval. Its effectiveness contributed to approval of the device. The university of Iowa was instrumental in its development. They were showing that fact.

i never stated everything but lets be specific with terms here's wiki for propaganda

wiki" said:
"Propaganda" is information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicise a particular political cause or point of view. Propaganda is often associated with the psychological mechanisms of influencing and altering the attitude of a population toward a specific cause, position or political agenda in an effort to form a consensus to a standard set of belief patterns.[1]

Propaganda is information that is not impartial and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively (perhaps lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or using loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than a rational response to the information presented.[1]

Today the term propaganda is associated with a manipulative and jingoistic approach, but propaganda historically was a neutral descriptive term

given the above definition we can use it as a model to de-construct every video you post on here, because every video you post on here meets a number of criteria in the above..

yes lets take the vid about the CI hybrid thats a good example..

on how images can be used and manipulated for a given end in the furthering of an ideological construct which is of course the very reason d'etre of the video posted.

we have "information" your stated "fact" of an unbiased nature, clearly those who produced that vid and the university in question dn the CI manufactures are biased, they are stockholders wouldn't be investing in them if they weren't. and the video is used ot promote or publicize a certain political cause or point of you.
indeed the above video also meets that as you use it here to promote its very views..

the CI combined system has been heavily invested in the sue of digital media to influence and alter the attitude of a given population the images used produce emotional rather then rational responses by their very nature..

facts are interesting things...once you realize how many way they can warped and manipulated to suit what ever end is sought..
entire companies get paid allot of money to do it.

moving on

These are real stories & real people. I don't see how successes with CIs are such bad things. If parents choose to implant their deaf children that within their rights. Adults also have the right to deal with their hearing issues however they choose.

its also within our rights to offer them the alternative even the law in many places which is ignored.
yes rights

choices mean more then one choice is being offered.
thats the entire idea of choice..

further
no one here is even questioning the right of the argument of autonomous choice, so why keep harping on it?

If not propaganda, what would you call it?

Why did you think it is propaganda?

C-Nice was saying about girl received first CI with WSP in 1988 and it was successful for her before FDA approved for children in 1990.

Every so true... yet... the video was made for what purpose and goal in mind?

The couple in question found out their toddler son was deaf and decided to get a CIs from the Cleveland Clinic for him. The Cleveland Clinic was served them excellently and the CIs worked. Are the publications that rated Cleveland Clinic top notch in on this? Why not look up Cleveland clinic for yourself.

The couple in question found out their toddler son was deaf and decided to get a CIs from the Cleveland Clinic for him. The Cleveland Clinic was served them excellently and the CIs worked. Are the publications that rated Cleveland Clinic top notch in on this? Why not look up Cleveland clinic for yourself.

i did, im thorough in all links given to me,,,including websites and authors books and everything related to this field.

as for the couple in question.
again im not sure why the argument of autonomous choice is being droned no one here has challenged it yet..
so

are you asking if the publications who rated a CI clinic are in on what? rating CI clinics id state sure, tif hat's what the publications did i'm not sure what your really asking though

can you be more clear

Why did you think it is propaganda?

C-Nice was saying about girl received first CI with WSP in 1988 and it was successful for her before FDA approved for children in 1990.

If the FDA had not approved it yet, does that mean it was medical testing?

First let us define propaganda... which is generally information used to influence a something, be it a cause, business, or the like... looking at the video, what message is being said... what purpose was it made for? When looking at the above and the definition of the word propaganda fits...

If the FDA had not approved it yet, does that mean it was medical testing?

First let us define propaganda... which is generally information used to influence a something, be it a cause, business, or the like... looking at the video, what message is being said... what purpose was it made for? When looking at the above and the definition of the word propaganda fits...

It was considered as investigational for children only, but FDA approved CI for adult in 1983, similar to LINX and Stretta about few years ago until FDA finally approved, but... many insurance companies will not cover because it is still investigational, despite about FDA approval.

It isn't propaganda to me, but if you want to call propaganda so C-NICE can call your post as propaganda, so I'm not taking any side from you or C-NICE.

It was considered as investigational for children only, but FDA approved CI for adult in 1983, similar to LINX and Stretta about few years ago until FDA finally approved, but... many insurance companies will not cover because it is still investigational, despite about FDA approval.

It isn't propaganda to me, but if you want to call propaganda so C-NICE can call your post as propaganda, so I'm not taking any side from you or C-NICE.

But, is "investigational" not just another word for saying it was medical testing?
FDA is more for the control of the substances being used in a product then anything else... yes it says the product should be effective, but what is considered effective here?

Why do you consider the video not to be propaganda?

But, is "investigational" not just another word for saying it was medical testing?
FDA is more for the control of the substances being used in a product then anything else... yes it says the product should be effective, but what is considered effective here?

Why do you consider the video not to be propaganda?

Investigational and medical testing are pretty similar, it don't matter, but insurance companies use "investigational" instead.

because consideration of video as propaganda are opinionated that against my neutral about CI, but it is between you and C-NICE.

hoichi
This is from the definition of propaganda that you posted.

"Propaganda" is information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicise a particular political cause or point of view."

You keep leaving out the part that I have added bold to. I think that is what most people think of when the term propaganda is used. That is that it is misleading and maybe even completely false. Or twisting things to have a meaning that the originally actually did not.

C-NICE - I look forward to reading how your CI surgery goes and hope it works out as well for you as it has for me!

hoichi

"Propaganda" is information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicise a particular political cause or point of view."

You keep leaving out the part that I have added bold to. I think that is what most people think of when the term propaganda is used. That is that it is misleading and maybe even completely false. Or twisting things to have a meaning that the originally actually did not.

Maybe you missed the word between "biased" and "misleading"... the word is "or". "Or" informs the reader that the information can be one or the other... it does not have to be both.

The reason it is not propaganda is CIs have a long track record as well as the Cleveland Clinic. The vid is showing one story that dramatizes the Clinics excellence in the CI field

The reason it is not propaganda is CIs have a long track record as well as the Cleveland Clinic. The vid is showing one story that dramatizes the Clinics excellence in the CI field

given the definition provided how does your statement claim that it is NOT propaganda hold?

Maybe you missed the word between "biased" and "misleading"... the word is "or". "Or" informs the reader that the information can be one or the other... it does not have to be both.

hoichi

And you seem to have missed my opinion "I think that is what most people think of when the term propaganda is used" that I also added bold to in the quote above.

Fact is being stated, that can be verified. The Clinics track record can easily verified. Bias is opinion that may not be verifiable.

And you seem to have missed my opinion "I think that is what most people think of when the term propaganda is used" that I also added bold to in the quote above.

No, I did read it... but the rest of your statement forgets the "or" and treats it like an "and" Who created and released the video? What is the purpose of the video? What word choice is used?

Back