The Approaching Hurricane Season 2009

That's another frightening thought...if gas prices go up again, this time it would really really put me in serious financial trouble. Before, it was more of an inconvience but this year, it would really hurt us.

However, that's selfish thinking on my part cuz people lose their lives and homes in hurricanes. That's much more important.

You live in MD and most of gasoline from MD is refined from NJ and PA but gasoline in southeast and some part of midwest states are refined or deliver from TX and LA.

You would likely to be little or unaffected.

You live in MD and most of gasoline from MD is refined from NJ and PA but gasoline in southeast and some part of midwest states are refined or deliver from TX and LA.

You would likely to be little or unaffected.

I have never heard oil from thos states. However when the gas prices jumped after the other hurricanes, ours did too. If we don't get oil from the Gulf of Mexico then obviously there was a ripple effect.

I have never heard oil from thos states. However when the gas prices jumped after the other hurricanes, ours did too. If we don't get oil from the Gulf of Mexico then obviously there was a ripple effect.

There's large oil refineries in NJ and PA, that where MD got gasoline from.

If gas price is expensive then it means you live in city or suburb, that's normal.

There's large oil refineries in NJ and PA, that where MD got gasoline from.

If gas price is expensive then it means you live in city or suburb, that's normal.

Prices get more expensive out in the rural areas in MD.

Well when there is >3000 oil platforms in Gulf; I feel it has an heavy cascading effect on our country whether be domestic or exported petroleum.

Prices get more expensive out in the rural areas in MD.

Oh really, gas price in city of Chicago is higher than in suburb and rural area.

I saw one big woman with glasses at clothing store this night and I think it was you.

Since I was caught with my pants down in the 2004 season. My Family and I have been devastated. I was somewhat prepared. but for nothing like the tragedy that came.

I have plastic tubs that I renew and stock up every year. and I have experience the worst with Hurricane Charley. Lost my job due to the destruction of where I work. Had no electricity for over two weeks. no water.

Had to live off of can goods and rely on the american red cross. Could not even get gas, unless we saved enough gas to drive an hour up north. Ice and water was treated like gold. wait in line for a hot meal.

Never again.... I am stocked up every year.

I do not wait til the last minute any more. Due to all the hot commodities, are gone by the time.

The worse hurricane for me was Floyd, which hit the Carolinas. I had to evacate, and the flooding was horrific. Some roof damage to my home. Very minor, compared to Katrina, tho'.

I make sure I have plenty of gas in my car, lots of water, can goods with pop tops, snacks, meds, lots of batteries...board and card games, books...even thinking about getting the boys a ping-pong table this year....and even cooking ahead of time in case the elec. goes out, cooking several meals and putting them in the freezer.

Tempers flare when there is no elec., or TV...my boys got into a fight one year when it happened....so I'm gonna try and get "creative" this time!...

I had never got affected by hurricane, except for closer when we were vacation in Miami in 1992 and we left in about 1 weeks before Hurricane Andrews hit on landfill in Miami.

I had never got affected by hurricane, except for closer when we were vacation in Miami in 1992 and we left in about 1 weeks before Hurricane Andrews hit on landfill in Miami.
Hurricane Andrews destroyed my great-aunt's neighborhood and her roof was only damaged to the house. But she was spending in the hospital during the hurricane. Thank God.
I have a dear friend, her family members were devasted by hurricane Kathrine so I feel bad for any guys who live near coast back in east and south.

This is why I don't live in Florida. Since we do have a modern high technology, we should be able to create something to stop the hurricane, maybe a clean airborne drop bomb to stop the hurricane, that would save the US Economy a lot?

They're too big for a bomb to do anything to the positive feedback of the heat released by water condensing into clouds creating winds that cause more evaporation of water from the sea that can make more clouds.

Mine is George from 1998 which destroyed the Caribbean.

Georges in 1998, also. After it left the Carribean, it made a beeline for my area. The eye of the hurricane past just 10 miles from here. The damage was extensive and it took us a couple months to recoup from it.

Back