Teen Pregnancy

I don't think that's true ;) I don't come from a poor or abusive background at all, I got pregnant the first time at the age of 18, and now I'm 22 with 2 kids, and happy to be a mom giving them enough love and attention that my parents never did :) I didn't abort because I accepted the responsibility.

She said "most", not all. There are always exceptions. But it has been shown through research that a background of abuse and poverty definately place a teen at greater risk for early pregnancy.

I notice to many people pregnancy I am surprised lots of often pregnancy my area younger stranger

i met my husband when i was 15 and we married at 17 and 18 because i was pregnant! my mom wasnt physically abusive but she made it clear that i was a burden..she forced me to apply for an apartment in the projects and made me move out immediately. my husband was actually one of the first people who ever cared about me, it seems..which is why our 19th anniversary is next month!! yay!!!!!

oh and she didnt like me because....i was overweight! which is the same reason my father, who i met once in my whole life, refused to ever see me again. pff..i cant imagine treating my kids like that.

oh and she didnt like me because....i was overweight! which is the same reason my father, who i met once in my whole life, refused to ever see me again. pff..i cant imagine treating my kids like that.

My dad used to pinch my waist whenever I gave him a hug and would either tell me I was too skinny or too fat. I was never "just right".

Once, this guy I was dating, he was an old friend from high school, made a joke about one of my sons being a "fatty". I showed him the door and never spoke to him again. Like you, I never call my sons names and anyone else who does gets shown the door.

well...i got into a huge/embarrassing blowout with my oldest and a few choice names were thrown about. *hides under rock*
but i mean..who picks on a kid for their looks anyways? thats stupid!
but i do agree that those teen pregnancy shows glamorize it a bit.

i met my husband when i was 15 and we married at 17 and 18 because i was pregnant! my mom wasnt physically abusive but she made it clear that i was a burden..she forced me to apply for an apartment in the projects and made me move out immediately. my husband was actually one of the first people who ever cared about me, it seems..which is why our 19th anniversary is next month!! yay!!!!!

Be grateful she didn't send you to an unwed mother's home and insist you put your child up for adoption.

But it certainly looks as if everything worked out well for you and your hubby!

Your parents were wrrong. Nothing else to be said. This is the reason I object to things like the show "Toddlers and Tiaras". It gives the message that physical appearance is all that counts. Very objectionable way to raise a child.

well...i got into a huge/embarrassing blowout with my oldest and a few choice names were thrown about. *hides under rock*
but i mean..who picks on a kid for their looks anyways? thats stupid!
but i do agree that those teen pregnancy shows glamorize it a bit.

It isn't only stupid, it's cruel. I got into a huge argument with my nephew's ex-wife when I heard her berating her daughter over her weight. And this was a woman that is about 50 lbs overweight herself!

Every mother has had moments like those! Myself included.

The important thing is to aplogize and admit the wrong. We all will make mistakes from time to time. They are only detrimental when we refuse to own up.

Parents reason problem on handle to strict to reason that is why! point cuz on teen can't tell parents because! parents accept if suppose baby!

A fact in many cases, but also many just because, like in small towns, sex is something to do when you're bored, effect=babies.

Back