TDD over IP

groan not limited
911 work perfect on soronson vp try it

whar fine print?

If I need call 911 then I will use voice phone and problem solved!

Just dial 911 and yell then left it for several seconds then hang up and police will get on your property.

I find funny when I look up on Sorenson, when someone have problem with their VP.
Sorenson VRS

It said you can reach by TTY :)
I guess anyone would need TTY, if either mobile phone and network are down.

oh brother! You would have to look up again. Here you go...
Sorenson VRS

Because of current limitations, Sorenson VRS cannot automatically route emergency calls to the nearest Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) at this time. Sorenson VRS urges you to use traditional TTY relay service for emergency calls to avoid a possible life-threatening delay. However, if a 911 call is placed and reaches the video relay interpreter, the interpreter will make every effort to complete the call and relay your information to the emergency call center. You will need to provide your name, address, city, state, and local phone number (not 911) for the emergency services that you wish to call. Dialing 911 from your phone or through TTY services is safer and faster than what Sorenson VRS can provide at this time.

this above outdated call soronson support and ask

TDD is already obsolete years ago. Hardly anyone would use TDD. It's collecting dusts now. Hope newer TDD would work with IP free. If anyone heard something new, let everyone know!!

Catty

No, TTY/TDD is not obsolete yet... it is still being used nowadays. Many deaf and HOH people who are on very limited incomes, cannot afford DSL or cable modem for VP and Internet and pagers or cell phones, so they are still using TTY. People who don't use TTY anymore are the ones who can afford DSL/cable or pager/cell phone.

I know that many deafies prefer VPs over TTY because of their limited English skills and they bury their TTY in the closet. I myself don't use TTY often but I'd like to point out that using TTY instead of VP has several advantages for those who don't have PC or any technology things but only have TTY.

1) When you use TTY to call a business for an important conversation, you have the printed paper as evidence to back you up in case of a dispute. You also have it to remember what they said in case you forget later on. Using relay service on VP will not give you anything to keep as evidence. You tend to forget what the VRS operator said later.

2) Many hearing people don't like to use relay service because it's too time consuming, too annoying and no confidentiality. My parents (who have no VP or email) prefer to use TTY to call me - they really don't like a third party involved.

3) When I used VRS to call a business, the VRS opr could not find the desired dept. through the automated messages. Out of curiousity, I used TTY to call the same business and the CRS right away connected me to the desired dept in a second.

4) I use my cellphone for emergency only but I couldn't afford the plan, so, I called T-Mobile thru CRS to switch to the lowest priced plan available and I was given $29.99 a month. Later, I still couldn't afford this plan and when I found that T-Mo has a direct TTY line, so I called them by TTY (out of curiousity to compare the difference) and talked to a very nice T-Mo rep. He offered me their old plan $19.99 for 60 minutes (the cheapest one but they don't offer it anymore) which I happily accepted. He said that if I had called thru relay service, they will not give me this $19.99 plan. He said deaf customers would get better deals if they use TTY to call T-Mo. I'm not sure why but I guess the reps who use TTY are sympathetic toward deaf customers or thankful to them for not using relay service. I noticed that this rep was very courteous and patient with me during the TTY call whereas in the past, the other reps were impatient and abrupt during relay service calls.

Now you see how useful a TTY can be. I think everyone should hold on to their TTYs even if they don't use them anymore ... one day it may come in handy, who knows. Use it as a back up if you don't have access to VP, Internet or pager while on the road or at home.

TTY pro and con

TTY through regular phone company:

PRO: local unlimited call for tty to tty call including free 911 call

Cons: expensive on direct dialed long distance calls, directory assistance and operator assistance and Fees.

Compact TTY thorugh cellular phone:

Pro: Unlimited night and weekend calling including free long distance, unlimited mobile to mobile minutes , daytime free miniutes for your choose calling pricing plan package for your cellular phone --- cellular 911 calls is FREE miniutes

Cons: some cellular does not have GPS enabled for emergency 911 during accident or other reasons you have to tell 911 operator for address or directions where you are in site of accident or somewhere -- International Roaming and international long distance charge apply.

TTY hooked up Voip adaptor box:

Pro: Unlimited long distance in Canada and U.S. and some Eroupe and Emergency 911 calls, good low monthly fee.

Cons: you will not able to call during outage.

Nextalk.net software (TTY software):

Pro: unlimited long distance only call tty to tty and tty to relay call in U.S. only. No Monthly fee.

Cons: you are not able to call Canada and International and does not support with 911.

if you want make free international calls through VRS

1. SnapVRS-- Ojo videophone or VP100 or VP 200 call.snapvrs.com
2. HandOn VRS -- MVP and webcam and Dlink and Sorenson vp100 or 200 use Dial to hovrs.tv

No, TTY/TDD is not obsolete yet... it is still being used nowadays. Many deaf and HOH people who are on very limited incomes, cannot afford DSL or cable modem for VP and Internet and pagers or cell phones, so they are still using TTY. People who don't use TTY anymore are the ones who can afford DSL/cable or pager/cell phone.

I know that many deafies prefer VPs over TTY because of their limited English skills and they bury their TTY in the closet. I myself don't use TTY often but I'd like to point out that using TTY instead of VP has several advantages for those who don't have PC or any technology things but only have TTY.

1) When you use TTY to call a business for an important conversation, you have the printed paper as evidence to back you up in case of a dispute. You also have it to remember what they said in case you forget later on. Using relay service on VP will not give you anything to keep as evidence. You tend to forget what the VRS operator said later.

2) Many hearing people don't like to use relay service because it's too time consuming, too annoying and no confidentiality. My parents (who have no VP or email) prefer to use TTY to call me - they really don't like a third party involved.

3) When I used VRS to call a business, the VRS opr could not find the desired dept. through the automated messages. Out of curiousity, I used TTY to call the same business and the CRS right away connected me to the desired dept in a second.

4) I use my cellphone for emergency only but I couldn't afford the plan, so, I called T-Mobile thru CRS to switch to the lowest priced plan available and I was given $29.99 a month. Later, I still couldn't afford this plan and when I found that T-Mo has a direct TTY line, so I called them by TTY (out of curiousity to compare the difference) and talked to a very nice T-Mo rep. He offered me their old plan $19.99 for 60 minutes (the cheapest one but they don't offer it anymore) which I happily accepted. He said that if I had called thru relay service, they will not give me this $19.99 plan. He said deaf customers would get better deals if they use TTY to call T-Mo. I'm not sure why but I guess the reps who use TTY are sympathetic toward deaf customers or thankful to them for not using relay service. I noticed that this rep was very courteous and patient with me during the TTY call whereas in the past, the other reps were impatient and abrupt during relay service calls.

Now you see how useful a TTY can be. I think everyone should hold on to their TTYs even if they don't use them anymore ... one day it may come in handy, who knows. Use it as a back up if you don't have access to VP, Internet or pager while on the road or at home.

If you have cheapest unlimited dial-up Internet Service as 56K modem to hook up over the local telephone line.

If you want to wish to unlimited relay call thorugh long distance instead of traditional relay service.

IP-Relay.com is owned by GoAmerica (formerly Verizon and MCI) or if you have AOL or AIM user you can add buddy list MyIPRelay

Sorenson IP Relay owned by Sorenson Communications, Inc. AOL&AIM user can add siprelay

if you want make TTY long distance call over the internet also you can use relay call--- you can register for your new login information and download the software. also Nextalk.net sofware you can copy and paste for your evidence information....

visit website NexTalk.net Home Page

Have a good day

Excellent.. I didn't even notice small hole on bottom as it usually on back. I was wondering how to change number for VP200.. Of course I would have to reenter all these contact directory into new #.

Thanks for the tip!

easy change vp200 number hole vp bottom

Depending on your location, most cable digital phone service still provide dial tone which lets you dial cable customer service and 911 calls even you don't have service. This is required by FCC rules.. I am unsure if this also applies to POTS (ie. Verzion) since POTS are typically grandfathered under old policy. This should still provide 911 Public safety the exact address of the call but they will still ask you for the address for verification.

Newer Cell phone with E911 function will provide 911 position within about 100 meters or less.. It works better within city than rural area. But sometime you might end up different city 911 dispatcher if you make 911 calls near city borders. All new cell phone are now TDD supported.

If you dont care for calls except for 911, then hook up the cable phone box and see if you get dial tone or not.. You might need to get a hearing to test it for you.

If you already have internet, then you can use Relay IP for normal calls.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Richard

I want TDD over IP, any idea?
but VideoPhone have Over IP, no more ISDN, it is free and save money, I still TDD and fee months, I never use TDD for use deaf, I have lot Relay Service but MUST 911 for I keep TDD, I know computer have Internet on TDD, I want TDD over IP without computer that I shut down computer, I go sleep, TDD oover ip ring to me, that I need free Relay Service and free tdd without public fee like VideoPhone,

Do you have TDD over IP or TDD with Network?

you said "If you already have internet, then you can use Relay IP for normal calls." I would want use Relay IP on machine like TDD without computer available?

Depending on your location, most cable digital phone service still provide dial tone which lets you dial cable customer service and 911 calls even you don't have service. This is required by FCC rules.. I am unsure if this also applies to POTS (ie. Verzion) since POTS are typically grandfathered under old policy. This should still provide 911 Public safety the exact address of the call but they will still ask you for the address for verification.

Newer Cell phone with E911 function will provide 911 position within about 100 meters or less.. It works better within city than rural area. But sometime you might end up different city 911 dispatcher if you make 911 calls near city borders. All new cell phone are now TDD supported.

If you dont care for calls except for 911, then hook up the cable phone box and see if you get dial tone or not.. You might need to get a hearing to test it for you.

If you already have internet, then you can use Relay IP for normal calls.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Richard

I dont think there are such standalone TDD product does IP relay except mobile device such like sidekick but you said you dont want that.

Your best bet is to get landline if you are concerned about 911 location and still want to use TDD machine to make relay (711) calls.

Richard

you said "If you already have internet, then you can use Relay IP for normal calls." I would want use Relay IP on machine like TDD without computer available?

I find about CA state that you don't required to have telephone service, it come with "soft line" which allow you to call telephone service or 911. Nothing to charge you at all. Keep TTY with you, in case. Don't dare blow TTY up. ;)

I used to have Nextalk.net. If, my friend does not have VP in other state. So, I used Nextalk.net. I call from my computer as TTY/TDD to my friened's regular TTY/TDD. Still free for long distance.

You better keep regular phone/TTY for 911 or any Emergery.

NexTalk.net Home Page

I know know about Nextalk.net, it is free only for computer, but I want nextalk idea own design machine without computer like tdd

yeah I keep Phone/TDD for 911 but cost $13 to $15 months, I never use TDD !!!!!

I used to have Nextalk.net. If, my friend does not have VP in other state. So, I used Nextalk.net. I call from my computer as TTY/TDD to my friened's regular TTY/TDD. Still free for long distance.

You better keep regular phone/TTY for 911 or any Emergery.

NexTalk.net Home Page

majic jack ? work for TDD but only $19.95 per year?? or OOMA PHONE

Have you trying Magic Jack? Good? I need to know. I know computer shut off on magic jack while you sleep
I need to know if it is work for TDD??

magicJack

Or
another way. I think phone always on 24 hours. Have you trying ooma with TDD?? Let me know.

Home | Ooma (expensive to buy one time 299.00 tool)

It says Free home phone service. Call anywhere in the US with no monthly fees. Caller-ID, call-waiting and more!

Back