tax break

For example

Im going to say "zer0" ... when you type zer0 in google and you will see zer0 listing and click to it and read.. bam im fired prob --- he always checking his company name in google to see something new --- because I dont want him to know before I can do anything about it if he know before I do then he prob will cover up craps something you know.

Sound good, Im from Fayetteville, North Carolina. I can't tell my company's name because my boss use google alot in his office LOL

Ok, you need PM to Dennis.

PM is other word for private message.

That's a tough one and I can understand the hesitance as ADA's a double-edged sword so what's one to do?

If I were you, I would shut up my mouth and work for him. Get paid. Many deaf people never get promoted. That's the reality..

Ok, how about collecting and keeping all papers that boss and you communicate through? I mean keep all those papers in a file and then whatever happens you have something to behind to support your rights. Anything the boss said on the paper can be used to prosceute for lying, or talking with co workers and see if they have witnessed any interpreters at the meeting. Get this done in handwriting and then turn it to the lawyer. Also, you can act dumb and ask what's your name to a co worker.

Sometimes when lawyers come to interview these employees or the boss, they will tell a different story. If something the boss had written on the pervious paper, can be used to choke him.
:)

Ok, how about collecting and keeping all papers that boss and you communicate through? I mean keep all those papers in a file and then whatever happens you have something to behind to support your rights. Anything the boss said on the paper can be used to prosceute for lying, or talking with co workers and see if they have witnessed any interpreters at the meeting. Get this done in handwriting and then turn it to the lawyer. Also, you can act dumb and ask what's your name to a co worker.

Sometimes when lawyers come to interview these employees or the boss, they will tell a different story. If something the boss had written on the pervious paper, can be used to choke him.
:)

You got a good point. I did not think of that. My 1st former boss was very nice man. Another job, my 2nd boss was a very crappy. I had enough with him for four years. It was a good thing that I never write a note with him.

I think that it is a good idea for Zer0 to keep all of his documents for a lawyer or the meeting without a boss. He should make some copies before he gives them to the lawyer. You let your lawyer know that you already have the copies - without his fee. My mother had a lawyer, and he made many copies of her divorce papers. He charged her 5 dollars per copy. What a rip-off.

eh, i have send email to dhhs woman that who take care of it and they will get back to me soon as possible to see what's up. im not looking to sue or anything to hurt my job. I wanted everything to be worked out between me and the company. I believe my boss is an old school man that means he dont know there were new things about deaf and stuff like that. He can't fired me for this that would be added up to the problem. I deserved this and that need to be straigh out with my company.

We all need to do something with this america.... get up with CNN Mr. Anderson and have interview about Deaf and Job. That will be alot of help to have Owners, Managers, Empoylees an ATTENTION.

You got a good point. I did not think of that. My 1st former boss was very nice man. Another job, my 2nd boss was a very crappy. I had enough with him for four years. It was a good thing that I never write a note with him.

I think that it is a good idea for Zer0 to keep all of his documents for a lawyer or the meeting without a boss. He should make some copies before he gives them to the lawyer. You let your lawyer know that you already have the copies - without his fee. My mother had a lawyer, and he made many copies of her divorce papers. He charged her 5 dollars per copy. What a rip-off.

Absolutely. Document, document, document. You have to have supporting evidence.

I think I see another issue that no one's brought up and that is about the truck. I'm guessing that this guy also doesn't pay taxes and pays his crew in cash, is this correct? If so, even if it's not, I'd call the IRS and place an anonymous tip about this character.

I think I see another issue that no one's brought up and that is about the truck. I'm guessing that this guy also doesn't pay taxes and pays his crew in cash, is this correct? If so, even if it's not, I'd call the IRS and place an anonymous tip about this character.

Wow. you read something completely different then I did. I read the whole thing to mean that because the employee was disabled the company got tax breaks (or money to subsidize his salary) and the company bought a new company truck, which the owner uses. Interesting take you have. I can see you have probably never been self employed or owned a business. :)

I second pek1's suggestion.

Wow. you read something completely different then I did. I read the whole thing to mean that because the employee was disabled the company got tax breaks (or money to subsidize his salary) and the company bought a new company truck, which the owner uses. Interesting take you have. I can see you have probably never been self employed or owned a business. :)

Yes, I have been an owner-operator. Let me read it again and get back to this.

Wondering.... I have been thinking about this all of the time since one of my partner's I work with, all of the time doing construction for electrical work, told me that he overhearded our boss was talking about tax break. He is using 1/2 my salary for his tax break and bought himself a new 2007 Chevy Silverado. I don't feel right about this. Does this violate the ADA? Well, I have asked him to buy me a phone that comes with text messages/email that we can commuicate from jobsite to his office. He said it's too expensive and won't buy it. WTH? I mean, I have been through school for electrical techonolgy and deserve it so much. I have already proven to my boss that I wired a house alone and that the inspection passed. I feel it's not fair; I guess he treats me like shit because I'm disabled. I asked him a question about ADA and if he knew about it, and he asked, "What is ADA?" I gave him ADA papers that I printed out and he said he didn't have time to read everything. I said ok and move on. I think he's just an old school man.

I'm rewording this so I can understand what is being said.

Okay, I see many issues here, never mind the fact that the subject jumps all over the place. :dizzy: But, I will focus on the new truck. zerO, you don't say how much experience you have, nor do you say if you are an apprentice. If you are an apprentice (learning on the job as well as what you learned in school), hiring you was a tax break for him. That money can be used for whatever he wants. He could have given you a raise in salary, but again, you don't say how long you've been working for him and he's entitled to do anything he wants.

I'm rewording this so I can understand what is being said.

Okay, I see many issues here, never mind the fact that the subject jumps all over the place. :dizzy: But, I will focus on the new truck. zerO, you don't say how much experience you have, nor do you say if you are an apprentice. If you are an apprentice (learning on the job as well as what you learned in school), hiring you was a tax break for him. That money can be used for whatever he wants. He could have given you a raise in salary, but again, you don't say how long you've been working for him and he's entitled to do anything he wants.

Ahh, that'a better . :) You idea of the tax break problem makes sense I was thinking of that later having known a few guys who went into the field.

I would like to say tho that zero does have a point about having a translator or a means to communicate with his boss if needed when he's out in the field. The translator part would probalby only be needed for certain types of meetings. I know where I'm working (the place has I think 25000 employees) translators are available for the deaf who use sign at all quarterly meetings and inservices. The weekly meetings in the one area I worked in previously are sometimes translated, it depends on if a translater is available atthat time. The daily meetings are more one on one with someone to let them know their assignment or answer questions. They do have pagers specifially for the deah/hoh which are campus wide with all code calls. (fire and weather are two I seem most)

I do see a problem when a disabled person prints off the ADA and without highlighting the part he is referring to (I will assume he is wanting reasonable accomodations for his communication needs) the boss might not be impressed. I really think rather then runnig and filing a complaint first he needs to have an advocate come in who can clear up all the misunderstanding that seems to be going on and explain to his employer what the law requires of him.

As for giving a raise or more trust to someone who isn't deaf. An employee never knows exactly what education or wage a co worker is getting or exactly what their experience in prior jobs is.

My boss know how good i was and i have worked for him almost 3 years and counting. He doesnt give a crap about accomdations i asked him few days ago if he know about that he need to provided me an accomadations and he said wth this ? and he trying to move on its pretty suspicous that he doesnt want to talk about it. and im suppose to meet lady from DHHS tomorrow and find out :o

My boss know how good i was and i have worked for him almost 3 years and counting. He doesnt give a crap about accomdations i asked him few days ago if he know about that he need to provided me an accomadations and he said wth this ? and he trying to move on its pretty suspicous that he doesnt want to talk about it. and im suppose to meet lady from DHHS tomorrow and find out :o

well good luck. Hope that this lady can help you get what you need.

it was a good meeting... surprised... i have came the right place... yay im protected.

Back