tax break

zer0

Reaction score
Wondering.... I have been keep thinking about this all of the time since one of my partner I worked with all of the time doing construction for electrical work, told me that he overhearded our boss was talking about tax break... using my 1/2 salary off for his tax break and then got himself a new 2007 chevy sliverado... I feel not right about this is that voilated to ADA ? Well, I have asked him to buy me a phone that come with text messages/email that we can commuicate from jobsite to his office. He said too expensive and anit going to buy me that. WTH? I mean, I have been through school for electrical techonolgy and deserved it so much. I have already proved my boss that I did all by myself doing a house that inspection passed. I feel not fair, I guess he treat me like a shit because Im disabitly ? I asked him a question about ADA if he know about it he said what is ADA? I gave him ADA papers I printed out and He said He dont have time for it to read all of thing in there. I said ok and move on. I think hes just an old school man.

any thing happened to you? if not.. i guess its out of subject for now

any thing happened to you? if not.. i guess its out of subject for now

Depending on the number of employees he has, he is under mandate by law to provide accommodations. I don't think the dept. of justice would buy the excuse that he doesn't have time to read the paperwork. And, if he is reported for not following ADA, any tax break he might be getting could be eaten up by fines for not providing accommodation.

Put your request in writing to him, and just let him know that you are keeping copies in case you have to file a complaint with the dpet. of justice for ADA violations.

I am thinking about a company that might put a person's name on a black list. i.e. suing a company, or breaking the OSHA or ADA, etc. The other company sees this person's name if he/she apply for a job, and it won't hire him/her. I know it is illegal, but is it that possible?

Im thinkin of want to say to him about it but im afraid i prob gettin fired for that. Company runs over 50 men and he never provided me accommodations nothing. When we have meeting, he never provided me an interpter, just wanted me to stand front of him and read his lipreading. I have mastered doing house all by myself but he still dont give me a truck, phone or anything else like others. Im only one in the company he doesnt give a shit. I asked him about a friend of mine who is deaf that needs a job. he wont give him a job because he dont go to school for electricial but why he gave unexperince guys a job that never went to school for electricial ?????

webexplorer: I am thinking about a company that might put a person's name on a black list. i.e. suing a company, or breaking the OSHA or ADA, etc. The other company sees this person's name if he/she apply for a job, and it won't hire him/her. I know it is illegal, but is it that possible?

I dunno

I swear to God, I have read ADA and I see so many things that voilated the ADA. I dont know what Im gunna do...

Well, other thing... I made big bucks with my partner when my partner got promo to doing service man so he put me in cheap crew which only pay me $50 dollars per house... My parnter said WTF and he know that I anit cheap.

Only option is get a lawyer and explain to her/him what's going on.

I swear to God, I have read ADA and I see so many things that voilated the ADA. I dont know what Im gunna do...

Well, other thing... I made big bucks with my partner when my partner got promo to doing service man so he put me in cheap crew which only pay me $50 dollars per house... My parnter said WTF and he know that I anit cheap.

I guess Im going ahead to write him a letter that he should know about provide me accommodations and ADA if thing dont work out and then thats it. I'll get a lawyer and talk about this over.

If I were you, I would shut up my mouth and work for him. Get paid. Many deaf people never get promoted. That's the reality.

I would not want to hire a lawyer. The ADA does not work very well because it is still not perfect system. I understand that it is very emotional for us that we should have the rights.

If you insist your boss what you need, he might fire you. That would be a terrible mistake. I recalled that it depends on how many employees work for him. If you know the ADA about the numbers of employees, then I guess that you could hire a lawyer.

I am surprised that he won't give you a truck and he must be so asshole!
I admit to tell you that my brother-in-law, is a president of a printing company, won't hire deaf people and retarded people. He had them for 5 years. He got sick of them. I refused to work for him because of that, and he has a tantrum temper.

Im thinkin of want to say to him about it but im afraid i prob gettin fired for that. Company runs over 50 men and he never provided me accommodations nothing. When we have meeting, he never provided me an interpter, just wanted me to stand front of him and read his lipreading. I have mastered doing house all by myself but he still dont give me a truck, phone or anything else like others. Im only one in the company he doesnt give a shit. I asked him about a friend of mine who is deaf that needs a job. he wont give him a job because he dont go to school for electricial but why he gave unexperince guys a job that never went to school for electricial ?????

If they fire you after you have requested the accommodation you need, it is seen as the same as not hiring you simply because you are deaf. Should that happen, you have a solid basis for a discrimination suit under the ADA. And employers will try to use all kids of excuses for not hiring a deaf person...such as inexperience. But if it can be shown that they did hire a hearing individual with the same amount of experience and less education than the deaf person, it is support for discrimination based on being deaf.

If I were you, I would shut up my mouth and work for him. Get paid. Many deaf people never get promoted. That's the reality.

I would not want to hire a lawyer. The ADA does not work very well because it is still not perfect system. I understand that it is very emotional for us that we should have the rights.

If you insist your boss what you need, he might fire you. That would be a terrible mistake. I recalled that it depends on how many employees work for him. If you know the ADA about the numbers of employees, then I guess that you could hire a lawyer.

I am surprised that he won't give you a truck and he must be so asshole!
I admit to tell you that my brother-in-law, is a president of a printing company, won't hire deaf people and retarded people. He had them for 5 years. He got sick of them. I refused to work for him because of that, and he has a tantrum temper.

No, no, no! If you do not stand up for yourself, and ask for your rights, then you are accepting discrimination as an acceptable part of life. You are giving all the asshole like this one permission to continue to treat deaf employees uneaqually. How does that improve the situation? How is that progress in obtaining equality? You let them trreat you like the poor deaf employee that has to do anything I say because he can't do any better, and you just reinforce their ideas that deaf are not as capable as hearing. No one deserves to have their basic civil rights violated. You cannot allow emploers or anyone else to rob you of your human dignity.

No, no, no! If you do not stand up for yourself, and ask for your rights, then you are accepting discrimination as an acceptable part of life. You are giving all the asshole like this one permission to continue to treat deaf employees uneaqually. How does that improve the situation? How is that progress in obtaining equality? You let them trreat you like the poor deaf employee that has to do anything I say because he can't do any better, and you just reinforce their ideas that deaf are not as capable as hearing. No one deserves to have their basic civil rights violated. You cannot allow emploers or anyone else to rob you of your human dignity.

I know you are absolutely right. My friends still won't do it. I won't do it because we cannot afford to lose our house on the mortgage. That's the problem. It is easy for you to say that. But, if it is a violation of OSHA law, I will damn sue the company.

If you do not have a mortgage and you are lucky, then you can do it.

I haven't see your new posts here yet.

How will you able to protect your home if you get fired from work (your boss get rid of you)?

It's your business. You do it to see what happen. I respect you, but I advice you. That's all. I would be very surprised if you won the case. That would make me happy about that.

Wondering.... I have been keep thinking about this all of the time since one of my partner I worked with all of the time doing construction for electrical work, told me that he overhearded our boss was talking about tax break... using my 1/2 salary off for his tax break and then got himself a new 2007 chevy sliverado... I feel not right about this is that voilated to ADA ? Well, I have asked him to buy me a phone that come with text messages/email that we can commuicate from jobsite to his office. He said too expensive and anit going to buy me that. WTH? I mean, I have been through school for electrical techonolgy and deserved it so much. I have already proved my boss that I did all by myself doing a house that inspection passed. I feel not fair, I guess he treat me like a shit because Im disabitly ? I asked him a question about ADA if he know about it he said what is ADA? I gave him ADA papers I printed out and He said He dont have time for it to read all of thing in there. I said ok and move on. I think hes just an old school man.

First, you need contact NAD or ADA office and explain about what happen with them, that illegal for boss to take your tax out of paycheck, that is biggest mistake.

Second, if it doesn't work with both of them then you need sue this company or boss.

I'm suggest that you need call your friend then help to vandal boss's new truck.

After that, boss can lose his truck or end up in homeless due bad resume.

Boss is the owner... Incorpation... runs over 50 men company... they are under Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Boss is the owner... Incorpation... runs over 50 men company... they are under Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

Over 50 employees means that he has to follow ADA guidelines as well and provide accommodations.

First things first:

Zero, tell us which state and city you're in. Someone will be able to direct you to someone LOCAL who can help you. "NAD" deals with national level stuff, and they may take time to get back to you, so help us help you. There is no such thing as an "ADA office" but there are such things as local deaf advocacy or support organizations who are EQUIPPED to deal with things like this. For example, if you live in St. Louis, Missouri, I would be able to direct you to Paraquad, Inc, who has deaf advocacy experts on staff to help you get what you need.

DO NOT get a lawyer yet. You need a plan first. The best first step is to talk to an expert who can help you -- and unless you know of a deaf advocacy group right now, you need to tell us where you are so we can direct you.

Sound good, Im from Fayetteville, North Carolina. I can't tell my company's name because my boss use google alot in his office LOL

Back