Tattoos And Piercing Are Known To Cause...

Ive got two tattoos. One is a butterfly and a tribal symbol on my lower back. The other is a chinese symbol that means mistress on top of my vagina.

Well, I once met a Holocaust victim and the tattoo was still on her arm. It did look faded, but you could see it.

Now, I don't find facial piercings to be quite attractive at all. No offense, but it just make y'all look ugly and stupid. I guess I just like to see bodies remain in their natural state. Though it's a person's choice to ruin their bodies if they wish to as long they are not minors.

Now, tongue-splitting... that one should be made illegal.

Same goes for tongue-piercing because it has been PROVEN to cause dental problems including damages and diseases even if it is constantly cleaned. Not to mention that tongue-piercing is a turn-off for me.

Banjo said:
Well, I once met a Holocaust victim and the tattoo was still on her arm. It did look faded, but you could see it.

Now, I don't find facial piercings to be quite attractive at all. No offense, but it just make y'all look ugly and stupid. I guess I just like to see bodies remain in their natural state. Though it's a person's choice to ruin their bodies if they wish to as long they are not minors.

Now, tongue-splitting... that one should be made illegal.

Same goes for tongue-piercing because it has been PROVEN to cause dental problems including damages and diseases even if it is constantly cleaned. Not to mention that tongue-piercing is a turn-off for me.
:gpost:

Also, I am curious. How much do piercings and tatoos cost? I see many of the students at the college here have multiple piercings and tatoos, but they are always complaining about how they can't afford tuition and books for school. Many of them also don't have jobs. So I am wondering how people can afford professional piercings and tatoos, unless the cost is very cheap.

Reba said:

Also, I am curious. How much do piercings and tatoos cost? I see many of the students at the college here have multiple piercings and tatoos, but they are always complaining about how they can't afford tuition and books for school. Many of them also don't have jobs. So I am wondering how people can afford professional piercings and tatoos, unless the cost is very cheap.

***nodding agreement***

Good point!

As far as I know it´s not cheap to let professional piercings/tattoos do for you. I know from some of my friends who have piercing on their tongue and belly, also tattoos. I was faint when they told me how much it cost. :crazy: My friend´s daughter had it in her belly piercing cost €200 ($258) and her son had it in his tongue cost also €150 ($194).

Around 6 months later her daughter had to remove piercing from her belly because of an infection. What a waste.

Liebling:-))) said:
***nodding agreement***

Good point!

As far as I know it´s not cheap to let professional piercings/tattoos do for you. I know from some of my friends who have piercing on their tongue and belly, also tattoos. I was faint when they told me how much it cost. :crazy: My friend´s daughter had it in her belly piercing cost €200 ($258) and her son had it in his tongue cost also €150 ($194).

Around 6 months later her daughter had to remove piercing from her belly because of an infection. What a waste.

That much? :eek: Holy Cow! That is a waste of money for sure. I don't have facial piercing or body piercing nor tattoos. I only have 5 piercing on my ears only ;)

Cheri said:
That much? :eek: Holy Cow! That is a waste of money for sure. I don't have facial piercing or body piercing nor tattoos. I only have 5 piercing on my ears only ;)

Yeah, I have 4 piercing on my ears only and 1 small diamond on my left tooth.

Yeah, I have 4 piercing on my ears only and 1 small diamond on my left tooth.

And Ear piercing is cheaper too, Only cost when you buy their earrings, piercing was free. ;) So it was about $40.00 around there the most, of course if you buy 14k gold, They have some 10k gold earrings.

Cheri said:
And Ear piercing is cheaper too, Only cost when you buy their earrings, piercing was free. ;) So it was about $40.00 around there the most, of course if you buy 14k gold, They have some 10k gold earrings.

I can´t remember how much it cost. I had it first piercing when I was 9 years old. (2 piercing).

2 other piercing, I had when I was 16 years old thru my sister for gratis...

She fired the needle to prevent from germs and put it to my ears quick... I do is add ice cubes on my ears to prevent pain.... It done quick with no pain... :shock:

Reba said:

I really don't know how much it cost for body piercing, that something I don't like only on the ears that it...

For tattoos that's depending on what kind of tattoo you want, you stop at the tattoo salon, and you pick out a image from a book or images that hanging on the wall for you to choose, the bigger you want it or the style that may take more time cost alot more... It runs up to 600.00 or more....It's just depending on what kind image or how big you want it...

Mine cost 150.00 and I only have a flowers with leaves that goes around the ankle with colors on them....It's not even big but the more time they put in the more it cost ....if you know what I mean?... ;)

Reba said:

umm, sometime they save money or ask parents for money... here in alabama eyebrow percing is $50.00, belly for $50.00 and tongue for $35.00 at tattoo... smile..

I would love to have tattoo but chicken it out still ongoing..
Also ear Piercings.. senstive skin easily itchy and pain swollen.. *discovered that I'm allergic fake earings* I had to special order for senstive earings cost me expensive.. *ahem* I doesn't mind at all.. I'd rather 1 earings on my ears. Doesn't want more..

Tattoo... tiny bulldog (My wish yes but chicken to have tattoo on my bare skin)

I know several places that will pierce eyebrow, bellybutton, ears (anywhere on the ears) for 20 to 30buckaroos.
Tattoo's costs do vary based on the size of a tattoo, how many colors you want, or time consumed for the artist. A small tattoo with three colors could go for 25bucks. My brother got two giant bear claws in two colors (black and red) on his chest for 60bucks (because he knows the artist). So it is good to have a friend in the tattoo/piercing industry for a discount.

I went to a nice and "fancy" (meaning: expensive than average price in the area) place for my piercings. I got two helix piercings for 60bucks (that includes the purchases of two jewelry). So it is not a bad price for two piercings. The name of the place is "Engima" in Pacific Beach. They got a good spectrum of tribal, metal, and acrylic jewelry compared to cheap places which give you beaded jewelry that everybody else has!
I am thinking about getting a nose ring (not a stud, but a RING!), but I am not SO sure since it may affect my prospective job opportunties. Ugh. It is hard to express myself when I have to live by the society's standards of what is proper for a woman. [Flipping a birdie]

as for 200bucks to pierce a bellybutton-- that is CRAZY. I don't think that is normal-- are you sure you got the price right?

Thanks guys for all the replies about costs. It seems there is a large range of costs, from about $25 to $600 each. That still seems like a lot of money to me, especially for poor young students to spend. I was surprised to read that kids ask their parents for the money to pay for tatoos and piercings. Why would parents want to pay for something like that? Very weird.

I notice some people have nose studs and rings. Suppose a person with nose piercings has a cold or allergy. What happens if a person sneezes (no warning), or the nose runs a lot? Is it nasty?

i got 4 tattoos, one eyebrow on left and one labret, one left top ear.. i will get more..

Reba said:
Thanks guys for all the replies about costs. It seems there is a large range of costs, from about $25 to $600 each. That still seems like a lot of money to me, especially for poor young students to spend. I was surprised to read that kids ask their parents for the money to pay for tatoos and piercings. Why would parents want to pay for something like that? Very weird.

I notice some people have nose studs and rings. Suppose a person with nose piercings has a cold or allergy. What happens if a person sneezes (no warning), or the nose runs a lot? Is it nasty?

I second that.

I would not support my children with that piercing and tattoos.

TweetyBird said:
umm, sometime they save money or ask parents for money... here in alabama eyebrow percing is $50.00, belly for $50.00 and tongue for $35.00 at tattoo... smile..

Very Cheap!

Who did for you?

Very Cheap!

Who did for you?
at tattoo place... that where i went to.. tmw i will get 2 more right top ear i will take pic and put here.. smile!

Well...I myself have a labret, tounge, tounge web, nipple, upper and lower belly, nose, targus, 11 earrings, and 1 tattoo..
So far so good- I've gone to the same place for all of them. It is important that you know the place youre going to and know their reputation other wise you could end up pretty sorry in the end.
As for infections it's usually the individuals fault for not properly caring for the new body art.

:wiggle:

Sabrina said:
nail salon and removal hair, I wonder if their instruments are not sterilized. When I went to Nail Salon and saw the instruments were in the blue liquid jar. I hope, they are killing germs.

Same with Hair Salon, the combs and brushes are in the jars. I want all the instruments to be completely sterilized before they can use the same clean 100% instrument to the next clients/customers.

My mom asked for her nail instruments to be sterlized. A week later she got a bad bad bad fungus on one of her nails. So don't always count on it :eek2:

Wait a minute! What about sensitive skin? Is it safe? No, I don't have tattoo... I was thinking about it but I'm interested in tattoo because the drawing is my hobby. Do you guys watch "Miami Ink" and "Inked" something on TLC? I watch them sometimes! ;) Sometimes when their tattoos get faded, it get recolor! Also, if the woman's tattoo stretched by pregnancy, then it get recolor! This is I watched from "Miami Ink" and "Inked". :thumb:

Back