T-mobile will have MDA in USA this coming Feb!

bgmk82j said:
For my understanding on exist Sidekick Unlimited Data Plan, switching to T-Mobile MDA Handheld by switching SIM card to other handheld and would still work same way as Sidekick.

I know that you could switch SIM card to MDA. But more plan price rate than sidekick data. EDGE is high speed internet than GSM. I think that might charge $59 or less or more. Not sure

dbarovian said:
I know that you could switch SIM card to MDA. But more plan price rate than sidekick data. EDGE is high speed internet than GSM. I think that might charge $59 or less or more. Not sure

EDGE still use GSM as high speed data..and thats true, but it would remain the same way on MDA as regular way at 80kbps unless customer request to have EDGE plan add on and price would be different than current they pay for.

Cingular 8125

Look like T-Mobile MDA

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/06/cingular-8125-goes-on-sale-b2b/

The Cingular 8125 is now for sale -- if you're a "business" customer.
Non "business" people may have to wait a two weeks...

And here are a few Cingular 8125 details to drool over...

Dimensions: 4.25 x 2.83 x 0.93 inches
Weight: 5.3 ounces
Battery Details: 1250 mAh Li-ion battery
Talk Time: up to 5 hours
Standby Time: up to 7 days
TI OMAP 850 200 MHz Processor
128MB RAM / 64MB ROM
Mobile versions of Microsoft software included: Outlook®, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint® and Internet Explorer
S/MIME support
Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC (will support upgrade to support Microsofts Messaging & Security Feature Pack when available)
Portfolio of corporate applications certified for use on the Cingular network - to learn more visit http://developer.cingular.com
Integrated sliding QWERTY Keyboard with backlight
Internal antenna with external antenna connector available
Voice
Voice memo
Voice recorder
Speakerphone
Voice commands
Voice dialing
Messaging
Email
Text Messaging
Instant Messaging
Multimedia Messaging
Messaging Applications, such as: GoodLink (sold separately), Xpress Mail™ (sold separately), ActiveSync, other 3rd-party applications, MSN® Hotmail and Instant Messenger.
Network & Connectivity
Technology: GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 class 10 multi-slot
Integrated Bluetooth
Integrated Wi-Fi (802.11b)
Infrared
Mini-USB
Mini-SD
Organization
Alarm clock
Calculator
Contacts
Calendar
Phonebook
Task List
Microsoft Office Mobile (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Internet Explorer)
Display & Imaging
1.3 mega pixel camera with fixed lens, camcorder and flash support
Portrait and landscape display modes
2.8 inch QVGA 320 x 240
64K color
Sensitive TFT LCD touch screen
Personalization & Entertainment
Windows Media® Player 10 Mobile - MP3, audio & video streaming
Polyphonic and MP3 ringtones
Games
Downloadable themes: animated screensavers, wallpapers and ringtones
Included Accessories
1250 mAh Li-ion battery
Stereo headset
AC charger
Leather case with belt clip
USB sync cable
Stylus

lovelover said:
I am an agent interested in immediate purchase of your item.After several consideration over the advert placed on the website,my client has really shown interest in it and would really want to issue the payment in form of MoneyOrder.Will you be accepting a MoneyOrder? The MoneyOrder that will be drawn by my client would include the cost for shipping for the item to my client and my commission would be included on the same MoneyOrder.We shall solely be responsible for the shippment of the item.Please contact me asap via email also with your Fullname and Address so that we can made this transactoin quick.E- LOVELOVER_INC01@YAHOO.COM
folly.

Sounds good. Can you please provide me your bank wire account? All I need i s your bank router number and your checking/saving account. Thanks...

I've had a MDA for over a month

I'm a former Sidekick II user who jumped to the MDA the day it came out. I'm IT technie and deaf as well. I loved the Sidekick as it was the best device for us out at the time but wanted the MDA for it's WiFi and EDGE capabilities. However, after using it for a month, I've come to realize that it isn't compatible for a deaf person. The plan that Tmobile offers just doesn't compare to the sidekicks unlimited data plan. We have to pay .05 per text message and per AIM message. My bill was rediculous!!!! Also, the MDA does NOT stay connected to the GPRS network at all times, this makes AIM and YAHOO disconnect from the service and no one can send you a message in real time. The WiFi does work, but not as easily as it should, the device can't make up its mind whether to use the WiFi or the GPRS so it conflicts with itself. Also, if you want the MDA to vibrate when you receive a message from AIM and YAHOO, you have to download a third party IM program that can vibrate. The included AIM and YAHOO does NOT VIBRATE!!!! The web browsing is awesome on the MDA, but that alone is not enough to justify the high cost of sending text messages and IM messages. I'm switching back to my Sidekick II as soon as possible.

If anyone has any questions that I can answer about the MDA, let me know.

Hey, I have seen and use it today! Wow nice device! Little bigger than SK2, and heavier too! Very comfortable to type qwerty keyboard, but heavy, sheesh I would say about twice heavier than SK2

Some of you say it sux with AIM, well if you get VeriChat, it does much better and yes will vibrate when somebody IM though any Instant Messenger. The only plm is you gotta to pay yearly subscription of 20 dollars.

As of right now it is VERY limited service in America to what this device CAN do! In Europe, they got 3G network which is much advance than America!

I think this is going to be a BIG advantage for deaf users ONLY if 3G network is installed in our country. Why BIG advantage? Well, once 3G is set up here, the Videophone will be enabled! Meaning you can chat with others though Videophone just like these Sorenson VP. In Germany, you could make a VP call from MDA to other MDA. I am not sure about other devices as of yet.

I wouldn't say it is best device, all because there is one missing network protocol in America.

Speaking of SIM card. These SIM card used in Sidekick, or Blackberry can NOT transfer to any other device! But if you got device other than SK or BB, Treo for example you can switch SIM card to other devices no problem. The reason behind this is the pricing structure, you see, SIMcard that is installed on SK uses "Sidekick plan" and is locked as per agreement between T-Mobile and Danger, Inc. Same way with Blackberry.

SIM card

I was able to use my existing SIM card from my sidekick 2 when I switched to my MDA. Tmobile themselves took out the card and put it in the MDA so I doubt there is a problem regarding the SIM from SK2 to MDA.

Even if video were available to MDA like you hope it will, it won't help unless the other person has the same capabilities. What I want is for the cell manufactorers to figure out that it should be easy enough to put a TTY into a cell phone and not require us to purchase external TTY's that won't even work most of the time. I just want to turn on the cell, type in a number and then start using VCO with only the cell. How hard is that?

Adding TTY capabilities to a wireless phone is hard, videnced by the fact that no one has done it yet!

Keep in mind, an external TTY makes the sound of the TTY tones itself through the cell microphone and shows TTY characters via listening through the cell headphones connection. There is no software for cell phones to "hear" and "say" the TTY tones directly through the cell speakers.

Now, why not just have the cell phone send the same digital instructions it does for the TTY in compatibility mode? Because then, I gather, you need someone to mess with the voice phone programming, and I guess cell phone companies don't want to spend time figuring that out when everyone just wants a VP or internet relay.

My mistake, clarification. You can NOT switch sim card from SK2 or BB to any other device *WITHOUT* calling Tmobile to close SK or BB account before making the switch to any other devices. Any other device switching to other device is not a problem without calling Tmobile.

Def_boy said:
I was able to use my existing SIM card from my sidekick 2 when I switched to my MDA. Tmobile themselves took out the card and put it in the MDA so I doubt there is a problem regarding the SIM from SK2 to MDA.

Even if video were available to MDA like you hope it will, it won't help unless the other person has the same capabilities. What I want is for the cell manufactorers to figure out that it should be easy enough to put a TTY into a cell phone and not require us to purchase external TTY's that won't even work most of the time. I just want to turn on the cell, type in a number and then start using VCO with only the cell. How hard is that?

That is very true. I have tried and never was successful with them. They were notoriously LOUSY when it comes to connectivity with TTY. I wouldn't bother try again. It isn't even worth it anyway.

Dennis said:
Adding TTY capabilities to a wireless phone is hard, videnced by the fact that no one has done it yet!

Keep in mind, an external TTY makes the sound of the TTY tones itself through the cell microphone and shows TTY characters via listening through the cell headphones connection. There is no software for cell phones to "hear" and "say" the TTY tones directly through the cell speakers.

Now, why not just have the cell phone send the same digital instructions it does for the TTY in compatibility mode? Because then, I gather, you need someone to mess with the voice phone programming, and I guess cell phone companies don't want to spend time figuring that out when everyone just wants a VP or internet relay.

Yea, that's great news... I'm get it in summer. :)

Yeah, unfortunately MDA is going to cost more if you want to have similar feature with Sidekick II Unlimited Data Plan.. There's Unlimited Any Message package for 19.99 with total internet 49.99 = 69.98 plus taxes like I said its going to be more expensive than SK II. That plan will bring you much similar with Sidekick II.. Without Unlimited Any Message package, is most likely reason you're overcharge for text message..but having with that package and it would go for any message like pic, text, video, etc at unlimited if you get that.. and then it will be no problem..

I got to have Wi Fi so I'm gonna still planning get one soon.

I played with the MDA in the tmobile store and wjhile i like it, the keyboard is far too small. It might just be me but I cannot type without hitting 3-4 buttons at a time. But I have big Hands anyways.

dhw5320 said:
I played with the MDA in the tmobile store and wjhile i like it, the keyboard is far too small. It might just be me but I cannot type without hitting 3-4 buttons at a time. But I have big Hands anyways.

use pencil rubber *clicking on tiny keyboard*
good luck!

Neo said:
It's ok and I don't like it. I like MDA Pro with Co-Pilot.

MDA_Pro%20with%20CoPilot.gif

http://t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?pa...phones_ews_overview&menuid=ctl_phones_details

Check at
http://t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=ctl_phones_catalogue&nmid=phones_catalogue_pmt

It look much better than USA t-mobile.

Your waiting is now over. You can purchase at http://www.winfreepcs.com It is unlocked device.

rhr said:
I want see infomation MDA vs MDA Pro?

All info for you to find between MDA and MDA Pro can be found at http://www.winfreepcs.com. It start selling now.

I purchased for my personal use and have it for 2 weeks. It blows me away... I will never want to keep Sidekick or Treo...

Back