T-mobile will have MDA in USA this coming Feb!

deafclimber

Reaction score
31678156-2-300-overview-1.gif

T-Mobile has a pair of aces up its sleeve. In addition to announcing the T-Mobile SDA, the carrier today unveiled the T-Mobile MDA. Like its sibling, the MDA runs Windows Mobile 5, but it offers a completely different form factor. Resembling a PDA, the smart phone rocks a slick slider design that opens to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard. The T-Mobile MDA won't be available till mid-February, but you can preorder the phone starting today. And get your wallet ready, as the MDA will cost a hefty $399.99; however, you should be able to get it for cheaper with service. - www.cnet.com

The new T-Mobile MDA is a messaging powerhouse, with a full keyboard that slides in the sleek device. It offers messaging options from simple text and instant messaging to powerful picture and video messaging. Plus the T-Mobile MDA is designed to take advantage of the T-Mobile Total Internet network with GSM, GPRS, EDGE, and the extra speed you need at thousands of T-Mobile HotSpot WiFi locations. - www.msmobiles.com

Deafclimber, I have 3 questions.

1. Can I chat with this MDA to another Deaf person who has Sidekick?

2. Is this service nationwide or locally for now?

3. Is it made in the U.S.A. ?

Yeah I wonder too because I will be moving to Pittsburgh soon and it would be good to have and keep in touch on the go & things like that.

Soonersseth, do you live in a small town like I do right now? I hope sometimes you will be able to move back to the city where more Deaf people live in your home state of Oklahoma. Living in a small town is never easy for any Deaf person. Hang in there and have faith, man !!!! :)

Heath said:

why wud u think it cant work with other mobiles ? all mobiles and all handhelds can work for any communication

they say it s coming up this late feb. tmobile is a international wireless company therefore it provides nationwide service in usa.

it comes from europe.

deafclimber said:
31678156-2-300-overview-1.gif

T-Mobile has a pair of aces up its sleeve. In addition to announcing the T-Mobile SDA, the carrier today unveiled the T-Mobile MDA. Like its sibling, the MDA runs Windows Mobile 5, but it offers a completely different form factor. Resembling a PDA, the smart phone rocks a slick slider design that opens to reveal a full QWERTY keyboard. The T-Mobile MDA won't be available till mid-February, but you can preorder the phone starting today. And get your wallet ready, as the MDA will cost a hefty $399.99; however, you should be able to get it for cheaper with service. - www.cnet.com

The new T-Mobile MDA is a messaging powerhouse, with a full keyboard that slides in the sleek device. It offers messaging options from simple text and instant messaging to powerful picture and video messaging. Plus the T-Mobile MDA is designed to take advantage of the T-Mobile Total Internet network with GSM, GPRS, EDGE, and the extra speed you need at thousands of T-Mobile HotSpot WiFi locations. - www.msmobiles.com

It's ok and I don't like it. I like MDA Pro with Co-Pilot.

MDA_Pro%20with%20CoPilot.gif

http://t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?pa...phones_ews_overview&menuid=ctl_phones_details

Check at
http://t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=ctl_phones_catalogue&nmid=phones_catalogue_pmt

It look much better than USA t-mobile.

deafclimber said:
why wud u think it cant work with other mobiles ? all mobiles and all handhelds can work for any communication

they say it s coming up this late feb. tmobile is a international wireless company therefore it provides nationwide service in usa.

it comes from europe.

Hey, maybe this will work for Soonerseth.....anyway, Deathclimber, do you think this new device will continue to carry, for example, IPRelay gratis?

Heath said:

Do Dell can chat to Compaq?

Tousi said:
Hey, maybe this will work for Soonerseth.....anyway, Deathclimber, do you think this new device will continue to carry, for example, IPRelay gratis?

i am sure they will do the program for any new device like MDA.

Eagle Eyes, Getmun, Eagle-Eyes! I was wondering who would be the first to notice.....I'm sure Deafclimber will see the humor.........I hope cuz I see he's wearing his ice-axe today! :laugh2:

lol i didnt see til Gemtun's post.... lol.. u got good eyes. gemtem !

yea i wud use ice axe to slash ur PC.

From Europe ... good deal ... I will have to look into that when I move to Pittsburgh :)

Heath said:
Soonersseth, do you live in a small town like I do right now? I hope sometimes you will be able to move back to the city where more Deaf people live in your home state of Oklahoma. Living in a small town is never easy for any Deaf person. Hang in there and have faith, man !!!! :)

I live in Ada wich is bigger than Sulphur and yet they have service for all deafs to use SK2. We have Cingular and US Cellular here and quite frankly Heath I like it here my collage is here we have super wal mart getting chilies and applebees a few new hotels ect. It's quiet no one bugs me I like that. Don't like big city's like OKC or Tulsa would not mind Norman. For now im staying put for school. Sorry for off topic

Soonersseth said:
I live in Ada wich is bigger than Sulphur and yet they have service for all deafs to use SK2. We have Cingular and US Cellular here and quite frankly Heath I like it here my collage is here we have super wal mart getting chilies and applebees a few new hotels ect. It's quiet no one bugs me I like that. Don't like big city's like OKC or Tulsa would not mind Norman. For now im staying put for school. Sorry for off topic

That is good as for me, I live 200-300 miles in the middle of Nowhere, Pennsylvania so moving there then eventually going to G.U. or NTID or another college which I could go to find a real good job and it pays good compared to doing $5.00 to $7.00 an hour jobs and no Deaf socialization and if I was in the city I would be less dependent on AllDeaf for Deaf socialization, of couse I would visit here once in a while.

For my understanding on exist Sidekick Unlimited Data Plan, switching to T-Mobile MDA Handheld by switching SIM card to other handheld and would still work same way as Sidekick. However they are not yet offically until Feb 20th. T-Mobile should have completely official informations mid of Feb around 10th.

Soonersseth, are you 100% sure there IS no GSM coverage at all in your area eventhough you know that theres no T-Mobile Network USA coverage in ur area, since T-Mobile is National provider would almost work on all GSM networks in US as long partners has GPRS capability then you'd able to use Sidekick or MDA.. I'd able to determine in ur area if its GPRS capability if you like to know how to get svc from T-Mobile IF GSM service available in ur area other than T-Mobile Network. And some of you know that theres not T-Mobile Network USA coverage in ur area, and Im telling you that if T-Mobile's partners has GPRS capability, aboslutely your svc with T-Mobile will work, however I cannot guarantee you you'd get 100% of time getting good signal strenght, since they're "ROAMING-FREE PROVIDER" which is outside of T-Mobile and T-Mobile would not able to know in ur home street address would get good signal strenght at 100% of time. I have my Sidekick that works on T-Mobile's partner formerly Western Wireless Corporation (ALLTEL) which has GPRS capability and it works like charm, but signal strenght are about 70-80% of time like I said I can't get 100% of time becuz I dont have GSM signal at my home street. I hope you can understand..and/or am too mobile freak know about this hehe.. Anyway if it is GPRS capability in your area then you'd have to buy somewhere else than from T-Mobile over the phone but T-Mobile can activate for you tho once you got the device from someplace.. example Walmart online.

I can't wait once they ready to purcahse, since Im defintely going to buy it, just becuz I don't have GSM coverage at all in my home and I'd able to use exist Wi-Fi at my house to use MDA 100% of time and Im not able to use my Sidekick at 100% of time when Im in the house.. Only time Im able to use it when Im in town about 20 miles away around that area. Its just not becuz Wi-Fi its whole lot more features that Im expecting to have it and defintely there is and is reason Im defintely buying it right on Feb 20th. And am waiting for it.

Sidekick has .3MP Camera, and non Windows OS, which MDA is 1.3MP camera and Windows 5.0 OS.. Yep I want it.

would like infomation chart SK2 vs. SK3 Vs. MDA?

Back