T-mobile G1

lol @ Chevy

Wouldnt mind getting G1 after seeing reviews about it either.. will wait half a year before upgrading my LX, though, or until LX breaks down first.

LMK when y'all ACTUALLY got it and review it. I am considering but i like BB Storm or Bold.. just couldnt decide.

Norcal, You can wait till next year to choose best of new mobile.
sSig_cool2.gif

LMK when y'all ACTUALLY got it and review it. I am considering but i like BB Storm or Bold.. just couldnt decide.

You could try for 30 days, if doesn't meet your exception then you can return and cancel the contract without any ETF then try different phone under other carriers.

Wouldnt mind getting G1 after seeing reviews about it either.. will wait half a year before upgrading my LX, though, or until LX breaks down first.
That's how I am with my Sidekick 3. It's still in great condition. I haven't had any problems with it. I'm gonna hold on to it until a while after G1 comes out. After I get my hands on a working G1 and like what I see/hear... then I'll probably consider it. :)

i watched but i am very curious about email, aim, and etcs... doesnt show that much-

Second-Generation T-Mobile G1 Android Phone?
The G2 or G1 II as the HTC Touch HD introduced a much larger and sharper touchscreen display, the proposed T-Mobile G2 also comes with a higher resolution display and one that covers more of the front face.

Successor to the T-Mobile G1 - This is the T-Mobile G2!
Yeah, I saw that at TMONews.com (I think) other day. They are too quick to release more and more devices. :roll:

Second-Generation T-Mobile G1 Android Phone?
The G2 or G1 II as the HTC Touch HD introduced a much larger and sharper touchscreen display, the proposed T-Mobile G2 also comes with a higher resolution display and one that covers more of the front face.

Successor to the T-Mobile G1 - This is the T-Mobile G2!
Hmm... looks very nice.

I went to the store today.

For a G1 with a 1-year contract is $299 and with a 2-year contract is $179. Big difference!

Hmm... looks very nice.

I went to the store today.

For a G1 with a 1-year contract is $299 and with a 2-year contract is $179. Big difference!
Vampy, if you have not gotten G1, would you buy it or wait until something better (such as G2) comes out?

I just logged in my account at T-Mobile... I have noticed that instead of adding line, existing T-Mobile subscribers can upgrade to T-Mobile G1. In my case, it would cost me $399.99 to buy without extending my contract or $349.99 by extending to another two year contract.

Vampy, if you have not gotten G1, would you buy it or wait until something better (such as G2) comes out?
My Sidekick 3 works perfectly fine. I don't have any need to upgrade. Plus, it's a good opportunity to see how the G1 goes and whether or not they come out with G2. :)

I just logged in my account at T-Mobile... I have noticed that instead of adding line, existing T-Mobile subscribers can upgrade to T-Mobile G1. In my case, it would cost me $399.99 to buy without extending my contract or $349.99 by extending to another two year contract.
Yep. If you already have an existing contract, you have to pay a lot more.

My friend has a 2-year existing contract for his Sidekick 3. It ends in July, but he is eligible for a discounted upgrade in May.

(1-year contract = 11 months for discounted upgrade; 2-year contract = 22 months for discounted upgrade)

what about that requirement to have a voice plan to even get any data plan? from what I could find out, there is no way to get a data only plan right now. I'm not willing to pay like $720 over the 2 years contract for something I can't even use even though I would LOVE to have a G1 myself since I use google products a lot.

what about that requirement to have a voice plan to even get any data plan? from what I could find out, there is no way to get a data only plan right now. I'm not willing to pay like $720 over the 2 years contract for something I can't even use even though I would LOVE to have a G1 myself since I use google products a lot.
They do have a data-only plan. It's $35 a month.

They do have a data-only plan. It's $35 a month.

I've just checked the T-Mobile site and no, it is not data-only. try to "buy" the G1, you will see that there is no option to get the data plan until AFTER you get the voice plan. The $25 plan is for unlimited internet and 400 txt and the $35 one is for unlimited internet and unlimited txt. and it is only add-on, meaning you have to get voice plan first.

did I miss something that can let me get the data-only plan? please explain so I can try to get the phone with data-only plan myself.

I've checked out the G1 and I really really like it. I want it bad lol.

I've just checked the T-Mobile site and no, it is not data-only. try to "buy" the G1, you will see that there is no option to get the data plan until AFTER you get the voice plan. The $25 plan is for unlimited internet and 400 txt and the $35 one is for unlimited internet and unlimited txt. and it is only add-on, meaning you have to get voice plan first.

did I miss something that can let me get the data-only plan? please explain so I can try to get the phone with data-only plan myself.

I've checked out the G1 and I really really like it. I want it bad lol.
I did. I went to a local T-Mobile store that's a mile away from my apartment. They told me I could get data-only. That's also how I found out about the contract and discounts too.

Back