Switching to Blackberry Tour on Sprint

thechaostheory

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am thinking about switching to Blackberry Tour from Sidekick...

I am wondering about PAM, Phone as Modem.. if I hook up to my netbook, would I be able to video chat with my family on 3G speed, decent enough to understand each other?

I have not see any video sample of this, wondering if u have any BB using PAM to notebook on P3 or something.

Hi guys,

I am wondering about PAM, Phone as Modem.. if I hook up to my netbook, would I be able to video chat with my family on 3G speed, decent enough to understand each other?

I have not see any video sample of this, wondering if u have any BB using PAM to notebook on P3 or something.

You will see the video of each other but it will probably be choppy and poor frame rate that you couldn't have a decent video coversation.

I have tried using my Windows Moblie 3G PDA tethered to my P3 Netbook and I was able to make a video connection and see the other person and the other end could see me on Video but the video had a poor frame rate and it was too choppy for us to have a descent coversation.

But you will be able to make a text relay call easily with no problem at all and P3 offer text relay or you could install AIM on Netbook and use text relay this method too.

Free Public Wifi is widely avaiable all over USA now days that it pretty easy to locate one and sign on to make video calls.

The way P3 is designed that all video call are actually taking place on the Purple Commucition Server instead on the Netbook and P3 works sort of like Browser Viewer linking to the Purple Server so it make it easy to use any Wifi access without needing to configure the router or ports to make video call.

also i would like to know if the latest Blackberry Tour from Sprint plus 29 dollars per month for data only plan and does it offer PAM for BB Tour???

Would I be able to view Purplemail or signmail on BB?

also i would like to know if the latest Blackberry Tour from Sprint plus 29 dollars per month for data only plan and does it offer PAM for BB Tour???

On their website it state it offer PAM up to 5Gigs per month with the 29.99 data only plan. Website link below ...

Data Only Plan - Sprint Relay Store

But if you notice below "PAM not available on the Palm Pre and Blackberry 8350i" so those 2 phones will not have PAM support on this Data Only Plan

I do not own a BB but .....

If BB support .wmv format and you have it email to you as an attachment to your BB yes you should be able to open and view Purplemail.

I can view Purplemail on my Windows Mobile PDA as an email attachment, but I have not test trying to view it from Purple Website yet and I believe it will require a Flash and Java supported browser which most PDA do not have.

Good question. I think that should get EDVO Rev. A or 3G network to tethering netbook for working with P3. Not EDVO REV. 0.

Hi guys,

Yes. Go already! I plan to update to BB Tour from Sprint. I own BB 8330 under Sprint for almost 2 years and I use it as PAM a lot. No problem to me so far but it's REV 0. So Tour is REV A to speed up.

Just right time. BB Manger finally add for OSX so you can use your macbook as PAM. OFC P3 will work very well too.

Good question. I think that should get EDVO Rev. A or 3G network to tethering netbook for working with P3. Not EDVO REV. 0.

Look at latency rate, not broadband speed.

You can get 700 kbps to 1 mbps on EVDO Rev. 0, that's enough for video phone if you have low latency rate.

I went to Sprint store and they said that Blackberry Tour does not offered Phone As Modem but they said it could be done with hack, but does anybody know how to?

If there is a solution to BB Tour with Phone As Modem, I am totally buying this.

I went to Sprint store and they said that Blackberry Tour does not offered Phone As Modem but they said it could be done with hack, but does anybody know how to?

If there is a solution to BB Tour with Phone As Modem, I am totally buying this.

Don't go to Sprint store, they are an idiot.

Sprint Relay Store, They services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community. When you have any question with Sprint Relay Store then you can call their VP for sign language. (Not interpreter) Cool?

No need hack for PAM. LIke Foxrac said, "Sprint relay store does offers BB Tour with PAM."

iPhone - problem solved.

Sprint 3G is more than ATT 3G for coverage and ATT is total rip off.

Sprint stores vs Sprint Relay

Dont bother to go to any Sprint stores because they won't give you $29 unlimited data monthly plan. You would need to go thru either Sprint Relay rep. or Sprint Relay website (NOT regular Sprint website) to order a BlackBerry model plus adding $29 unlimited data plan.

Even I don't own a Sprint BlackBerry model (am an user of T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8900), I keep telling my friends not to bother to buy it from Sprint store cuz the Sprint salespersons know nothing about Sprint Relay's special plans for deaf customers.

I went to Sprint relay web site and "Phone as Modem capable" is not listed under the Tour, but it is listed for the Curve. That's interesting. Do any of you guys actually have a Tour, and have tried it??

or you can wait for BB to release new ONyx 9700 sometime in Nov. i think they only offer from Verizon and T mobile..

YOMAN

or you can wait for BB to release new ONyx 9700 sometime in Nov. i think they only offer from Verizon and T mobile..

YOMAN

BB Onyx is classed as BB Bold II, so release to att and tmobile.

Not Verizon due CDMA wireless.

keep in mind - the data only plan may not give you the 3G speed. The tour is capable of 3G but the deaf data plan offer 3 G network on 30 bucks a month? I doubt it. perhaps a call to sprint will tell you for sure. Keep in mind- anything wireless- you will not get great video all the time like direct wired video.

YOMAN

Verizon and Sprint are CDMA system.... but AT&T, T-MObile are GSM system. ONYX 9700 are GSM only NOT CDMA

but BB Tour can be used CDMA but it able to roam International 3G GSM network. also it has unlocked SIM card for any GSM carrier

keep in mind - the data only plan may not give you the 3G speed. The tour is capable of 3G but the deaf data plan offer 3 G network on 30 bucks a month? I doubt it. perhaps a call to sprint will tell you for sure. Keep in mind- anything wireless- you will not get great video all the time like direct wired video.

The deaf data DOES OFFERS 3G for $30 per month. 3G is all included.

I think you should know better by check Sprint relay website.

I'm not going deal with newbie questions.

thechaostheory, did you use PAM to connect to your netbook or notebook for using P3? Working?

Someone want to know about tethering to work with P3 before purchasing it.

The deaf data DOES OFFERS 3G for $30 per month. 3G is all included.

I think you should know better by check Sprint relay website.

I'm not going deal with newbie questions.

ok - thank you.

Back