Surprise: Lean times may actually make you fat

few reasons -
1. some people don't have a bike.. it costs about $1000+ around here... unless they get it from wal-mart which is cheap.
2. I guess people are just weather-sensitive - it's too cold
3. they're afraid to work out at night outside

4. My street isn't safe because it's route!! I grew up and always walked on the sidewalk from another home.. but planning selling my home few years, so I must make sure that find a house with good quiet street!! Now I have a treadmill! :)

few reasons -
1. some people don't have a bike.. it costs about $1000+ around here... unless they get it from wal-mart which is cheap.

I see nothing wrong to get bicycle at Wal-mart cheap. Mine is cheap and over 10 years old... It still look good. I only use a bicycle for go to town to get something or execrise....

2. I guess people are just weather-sensitive - it's too cold

I can understand due weather... I wear warm jacket and gloves when I use bicycle to town or excecise like "for a walk"...

I often use bicycle due cold weather except snow or ice.

3. they're afraid to work out at night outside

No, I'm not saying that they should use bicycle for travel to work but just use bicycle for fresh-air - something like that 30 minutes to one hour like "go for a walk". I don't use a bicycle to travel to work daily.

I have to agree with Liebling. It's cheaper to buy food than order food. Hubby and I prefer buying food than ordering because if you spend $20.00 on junk, we can use $20.00 on several days of food. It is about budgeting. Exercise can be walking, taking dogs for a walk, fast-walk, go swimming in community centre on free swimming days or join exercise club for free with other people that can't afford to pay membership fees. You have to do a lot of research. Hubby and I do that a lot. You have to ask around and be willing to sacrifice a lot of things.

No, I'm not saying that they should use bicycle for travel to work but just use bicycle for fresh-air - something like that 30 minutes to one hour like "go for a walk". I don't use a bicycle to travel to work daily.

ha ha no no - they are afraid to exercise outside at night... for those people living in cities or dangerous town. Work out means exercise.

I have to agree with Liebling. It's cheaper to buy food than order food. Hubby and I prefer buying food than ordering because if you spend $20.00 on junk, we can use $20.00 on several days of food. It is about budgeting. Exercise can be walking, taking dogs for a walk, fast-walk, go swimming in community centre on free swimming days or join exercise club for free with other people that can't afford to pay membership fees. You have to do a lot of research. Hubby and I do that a lot. You have to ask around and be willing to sacrifice a lot of things.

Exactly!!!

I got cheeseburger, fries and coke at King Burger for my youngest son to praise him for help us at garden last Saturday cost $ 6.41 (4,99 EUR) to compare the prices with the foods, I bought vegetables, potatoes, bread, fresh rolls, noodles, Tomato sauce, 10 eggs... Those foods, we survive up to 3 days... :shock:

ha ha no no - they are afraid to exercise outside at night... for those people living in cities or dangerous town. Work out means exercise.

I can understand what you mean... It's unsafety to do something alone at nights. If you want to do something then ask someone to company you...

Jiro, theres plenty of bikes for under 400 dollars at local bike stores around here. You dont only have to go to wal fart to get one for cheap.

Jiro, theres plenty of bikes for under 400 dollars at local bike stores around here. You dont only have to go to wal fart to get one for cheap.

yup! just saying. not many local bike stores nowaday.... since these mega stores gobbled them up... at least around here. the local bike stores in here are the expensive one for fanatic type.

Well, eat vegetable and potatoes cost not very much but they are healthy. I prefer to eat noodle with tomatoes sauce, potatoes with vegetable, chop meat over eat junk foods because they are cheap.

You don´t have to eat expensive fish but fish fingers... What´s wrong with that?

Yes I can understand that fruits are expensives but you still have health is vegetables and potatoes, kind of meats with good price.

I absolutely agree with what you are saying. I just am saying that when we were little my mother would make things like hamburger gravy over bread cuz it was cheap. Hamburger Helper, cuz it was also cheap...She had a lot of kids to feed and did it the cheapest way there was cuz that was all she could afford. :dunno:

Hubby and I go to the Farmer's Market to get our fresh fruits and vegetables, this usually means getting on 3 city buses to get to another town. This saves us almost $30.00 bi-weekly compared to grocery stores.

Hubby and I have done a lot of food canning this year as well. Tomatoes, waxed beans, jams and preserves. We bought tomatoes for only $2.00 at Farmer's Market and we canned 6 jars of tomatoes.

It's about budgeting and being cost-effective. Some fruits you can freeze and wait until you have enough to make jellies. It's really easy to do and makes great gifts to give during Christmas.

Free Bikes? Look for them at move out places, garage sales, etc. If not totally free, but a few dollars. Who cares what kind bike we ride if safe and okay. People move and can't take everything... Almost picked up a free grill but I figured someone else would need one. So left it alone. Boom, gone next day. LOL.

Back