Surgery a success

NickCameron1031

Reaction score
Hey all just a quick note to let you all know that I had my CI surgery yesterday and according to the doctor it was a success. I am still very sore and I am have muscle spasms today but I am doing ok. I have a link to my blog in my profile so if you want to check it out. I have some pics up too, I dont suggest you enlarge the last one :)

Nick

My CI Blog http://deaf-irish.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
Pretty awesome. Glad you dealt with it so well, even if you did bruise a nurse or two in the process. Hopefully I will only be a few months behind you, depending on the red tape in this world. It will be interesting to compare your progress with my own. Keep up the good thoughts and don't let the bad moments get you down... But if they do...come to the forum and this gang will cheer you up..
:laugh2:

Pretty awesome. Glad you dealt with it so well, even if you did bruise a nurse or two in the process. Hopefully I will only be a few months behind you, depending on the red tape in this world. It will be interesting to compare your progress with my own. Keep up the good thoughts and don't let the bad moments get you down... But if they do...come to the forum and this gang will cheer you up..
:laugh2:

All I know is man am I sore today and the muscle spasms are painful. I hope I didnt freak any of them out in the operating room because they were all so nice to me.

All I know is man am I sore today and the muscle spasms are painful. I hope I didnt freak any of them out in the operating room because they were all so nice to me.

I am sure they are used to dealing with a variety of responses and yours probably isn't the first physical one they have had to deal with. I am sorry you are still so sore and the muscle spasms haven't calmed down. Hopefully they will get better in a day or two (or am I being overly optimistic?...maybe I should go back to reading blogs...)

I am sure they are used to dealing with a variety of responses and yours probably isn't the first physical one they have had to deal with. I am sorry you are still so sore and the muscle spasms haven't calmed down. Hopefully they will get better in a day or two (or am I being overly optimistic?...maybe I should go back to reading blogs...)

lol I said my chart now has a V for violent on it :)

Congratulation!!! I can't wait to hear from you. :D I will check your blog soon. Hope you get well soon.

Awesome.... can't wait for your switch on. Have good rest and don't over do yourself. Hugs

Congratulations on the operation, I wish you a speedy recovery and awaiting the news of the activation where you would be able to hear the wide world of sounds

Oh, what a wonderful thing freshly shampooed hair is. I guess, like most things, we take it for granted until told we can't ...and then we really want it.
Looks like you are healing beautifully.

Congratulations, and hope you get to feeling better soon!!

:wave: How you feeling today? I hope it's getting better! Let us know..

The only issues I am having today is a feeling of general soreness in my ear and a feeling like I have water in my right one, which I was told by the doctor is normal. Other than that I am doing ok, I am just really shocked at how much hair I lost, I will have pics of it up on the blog later today I would think. Thank you all for the good thoughts and well wishes I appreciate it a lot.

The only issues I am having today is a feeling of general soreness in my ear and a feeling like I have water in my right one, which I was told by the doctor is normal. Other than that I am doing ok, I am just really shocked at how much hair I lost, I will have pics of it up on the blog later today I would think. Thank you all for the good thoughts and well wishes I appreciate it a lot.

Water-feeling: It's actually dry blood. Bodies are mysterious. After a while it will go away. I hated that...especially that I had to go through that twice. Feels like something is in my ear, it was driving me batty. :)

Water-feeling: It's actually dry blood. Bodies are mysterious. After a while it will go away. I hated that...especially that I had to go through that twice. Feels like something is in my ear, it was driving me batty. :)

Yeah its been making me crazy all day, like my ear is clogged up or I think its hot and I touch it and its not, such strange things LOL, I posted pictures of my CI hair cut, def not something I will be keeping....

Yeah its been making me crazy all day, like my ear is clogged up or I think its hot and I touch it and its not, such strange things LOL, I posted pictures of my CI hair cut, def not something I will be keeping....

One of my ears felt that way. It took some time for the pressure to go away. Just give yourself sometime to rest.

Back