Supreme Court considers legality of Tasers

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not at all, they are just babies!
sorry. the law and medical community disagree with you. You're an officer of laws. Why don't we stick with laws? The law says a fetus is not a viable being (meaning... it's not even medically and legally recognized as "baby" or a "person") until 28 weeks (more or less). So let's stick with law, shall we?

No, you apparently don't understand or care to either!
:dunno:

You take the cake jiro! Wasted breath is all I can say!
so why do you keep wasting your breath?

False on every level. Are you just making things up, or is there some reason you imagined these things were true?
:lol: the source you gave me basically proved me right.

Florida: Florida's post-viability restriction provides that no abortion may be performed in the third trimester of pregnancy unless two physicians certify in writing that the abortion is necessary to preserve the woman's life or health. If an abortion is performed during viability, the physician must "use that degree of professional skill, care, and diligence" most likely to preserve the life and health of the fetus except that "the woman's life and health shall constitute an overriding and superior consideration to the concern for the life and health of a fetus when such concerns are in conflict." Fla. Stat. Ann. § 390.0111(1), (4) (Enacted 1978; Last Amended 1998; Last Renumbered 1998).

Kansas: Kansas' post-viability abortion restriction provides that no abortion may be performed after viability unless the attending physician and another financially and legally independent physician determine that an abortion is necessary to preserve the woman's life or continuation of the pregnancy would cause a "substantial and irreversible impairment of a major bodily function" of the woman. Kan. Stat. Ann. § 65-6703(a) (Enacted 1992; Last Amended 1998). The Kansas Attorney General has interpreted this exception to include mental health. Op. Kan. Att'y. Gen. 2000-020.

The fetus is viable in the second trimester.
let's not lie in here, shall we? second trimester is between 14 weeks and 26 weeks. According to Roe v Wade... viability is usually at 28 weeks and can be as early as 24 weeks. What you're telling me is that a fetus at 14 or 16 or 18 weeks is considered as viable. Very misleading, isn't it? Since you said, I quote - "I prefer accuracy"... then the real truth is.... a fetus may or may not be viable at or nearing end of second trimester but it is definitely considered as viable at third trimester.

Abortion is legal well beyond viability.
yes.... only due to extenuating circumstance where it's a dire medical emergency.

The Supreme Court has repeatedly refused to allow the legislature of any state to determine viability. That is entirely a medical term (and it changes), not a legal term.
because it's to prevent some states with similar belief like you from quibbling around and meddling with person's constitutional rights.

Abortion is legal in most states well into the third trimester- I have no idea why you think it is illegal in the third trimester. States actually have been prevented from banning third trimester abortions
quibbling around, aren't we? and you are purposely lying to us and misleading us. According to your source and Roe v Wade... a person has a right to abortion until viability (which is typically around 28 weeks and can be as early as 24 weeks) and then of course... there may be a serious medical complication that would jeopardize a person's well-being and there are legal procedures and system in place where at least 2 physicians will have to approve abortion.

Furthermore, in several places (chicago in particular) if the 'fetus'(which is just Latin for child or offspring) survives the abortion, by almost anybody's definition then being a viable, living being, breathing on its own, the doctor can still kill it- and generally does- without getting into trouble. In Illinois state law sppecifically protects the physician from being charged for killing a baby who has survived the abortion and is breathing (and crying to be fed) outside the womb.

Schizophrenically, the law also recognizes the unborn child as a human being in many places, which is why a person who kills a woman's unborn child can be charged with manslaughter.
RealChoice: Third Trimester Abortions and the Law
yea that's uh.... yea fascinating :dunno:

now you see why I said I'm not even gonna bother touching this before? this is precisely why.

Hey Jiro,

The way I see it, you don't want to touch abortion because it blows your negativity about cops out of the water. You are claiming that as long as the doctors do an abortion according to the law, then they are not "KILLING" anyone. You are claiming that is not the JOB requirement of doctors. Of course, we can all read your saying about "bad apples" in every profession. And yet, you absolutely won't give officers the same standards. Like I said, your total negativity against officers shows and stinks to high heaven.

An abortion is legal, therefore an abortion doctor is not a murderer.

Tell me why cops don't arrest abortion doctors for murder.

Where it is justified under the law, cops do not arrest these doctors but in a few cases the doctors have been charged because they could not justify their procedure. Where it is justified under the law cops do not arrest other cops. Taking a life is not always charged as murder but is, nevertheless, taking a life. Same applies to those getting the death plenalty, when their sentence is carried out is not murder but still taking a life. Double standard can not be applied but some want a double standard.

Where it is justified under the law, cops do not arrest these doctors but in a few cases the doctors have been charged because they could not justify their procedure. Where it is justified under the law cops do not arrest other cops. Taking a life is not always charged as murder but is, nevertheless, taking a life. Same applies to those getting the death plenalty, when their sentence is carried out is not murder but still taking a life. Double standard can not be applied but some want a double standard.

life? what life? how can you take a "life" if there's no life to begin with?

that's why I didn't want to discuss about this because I knew ya'all can't even discuss this with rationality. Why don't we stick with the laws, shall we? The law and medical community do not recognize fetus as a viable being until it is and abortion is illegal after viability.

And the law is wrong on this one! Our country is already paying for this abomination!

not my problem. take it up with your Senator or whoever.

And the law is wrong on this one! Our country is already paying for this abomination!

No matters about right or wrong.

The abortion is legal based on US Supreme Court ruling - Roe v. Wade.

life? what life? how can you take a "life" if there's no life to begin with?

that's why I didn't want to discuss about this because I knew ya'all can't even discuss this with rationality. Why don't we stick with the laws, shall we? The law and medical community do not recognize fetus as a viable being until it is and abortion is illegal after viability.

WEBSTER NEW COLLEGE DICTIONARY

conception: the formation of a zygote CAPABLE of SURVIVAL and maturation in normal conditions.

but you already knew this.

WEBSTER NEW COLLEGE DICTIONARY

conception: the formation of a zygote CAPABLE of SURVIVAL and maturation in normal conditions.

but you already knew this.

how about this.... let's use medical's definition of viability instead of some dictionary, shall we?

beside... this is off-topic so feel free to create a new thread about abortion. and also feel free to take it up with your Senator and Congressmen to push for anti-abortion bill.

how about this.... let's use medical's definition of viability instead of some dictionary, shall we?

beside... this is off-topic so feel free to create a new thread about abortion. and also feel free to take it up with your Senator and Congressmen to push for anti-abortion bill.

No suprise. Another poster takes the thread off-topic with you replying with your own and you jump all over me. Your DOUBLE STANDARD stinks to high heaven.

No suprise. Another poster takes the thread off-topic with you replying with your own and you jump all over me. Your DOUBLE STANDARD stinks to high heaven.

it's double standard for me but it's not for you when you say we're off-topic? very interesting. in case you didn't notice - look at Post #69 to see who started it first and look at Post #72 and #74 where I stated that I'm not even gonna go there because I knew it will go off-topic but no..... you guys just won't listen and stick with topic.

this is precisely why you guys lost the abortion argument at Supreme Court and continue to fail to convince Supreme Court otherwise for almost 40 years and counting. You guys are still incapable of sticking with facts and medical science to create a sound argument for Supreme Court. I'm sorry but using webster new college dictionary? absolutely comical at many levels. :lol:

again - feel free to create an abortion thread and we can continue discussing from there. why get all hissy and meanie in here like above? what's wrong with simply creating a new thread so that we can continue if you wish to?

it's double standard for me but it's not for you when you say we're off-topic? very interesting. in case you didn't notice - look at Post #69 to see who started it first and look at Post #72 and #74 where I stated that I'm not even gonna go there because I knew it will go off-topic but no..... you guys just won't listen and stick with topic.

this is precisely why you guys lost the abortion argument at Supreme Court and continue to fail to convince Supreme Court otherwise for almost 40 years and counting. You guys are still incapable of sticking with facts and medical science to create a sound argument for Supreme Court. I'm sorry but using webster new college dictionary? absolutely comical at many levels. :lol:

again - feel free to create an abortion thread and we can continue discussing from there. why get all hissy and meanie in here like above? what's wrong with simply creating a new thread so that we can continue if you wish to?

You are only partially right. The thread went off, topic because of the lie you told in post #60.

You are only partially right. The thread went off, topic because of the lie you told in post #60.

again... the law disagrees with you.
again... feel free to create an abortion thread if you wish to continue.

to say that I'm lying when in fact the law supports my statement is slandering.

again... the law disagrees with you.
again... feel free to create an abortion thread if you wish to continue.

to say that I'm lying when in fact the law supports my statement is slandering.

Have doctors killed people? YES

Have doctors hurt people? YES

What part of "yes" don't you understand?

Have doctors killed people? YES

Have doctors hurt people? Yes

What part of "yes" don't you understand?

what part of "criminals" do you not understand?

and why are you continuing to go off-topic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back