Suggestion for current moderators

I agree...I trust those whom I exchanged Christmas cards with last year. I was nervous about giving out my home addy last year but no problems at all! :)

Same here. I didn't have any problem as well from last year's Christmas cards exchange too. :)

I am always cautious just about anyone that I talk to via the 'net. There are very few people that I do trust over the 'net. So, Yeah, When I feel comfortable with that person, I'll trade the mailing address with that person.

Usually it'd be the ones that I feel close to at the most.

That's something you should use your best judgment for.

I don't just open up and share my mailing address with everyone I meet online.

I prefer to wait and get to know that person.

If I feel comfortable with giving that person my mailing address, then I'll share it.

Yup, I should have done that but unfortunately I didn't because I have always been a person that trust people so I guess I learned a hard lesson.

Yes, it may take me a long time to get to know ADers that well before decidin' to give out. For one thing I know for certain is that I am followin' my instinct.

Yep that is what I do, I prefers to know ADers long enough before exchanging addresses and with trust too. If any newbies comes in and only posted a few posts, then asking me for my address. I ain't giving it out to them.

That's something you should use your best judgment for.

I don't just open up and share my mailing address with everyone I meet online.

I prefer to wait and get to know that person.

If I feel comfortable with giving that person my mailing address, then I'll share it.

It's like those who ask to be my friend in MySpace or Facebook.

One time, a guy requested add me as his friend in Facebook. I asked him if I knew him. His response? "Yeah, remember a few months ago in NTID? I dropped my pen and you picked it up for me. I said, 'Thanks!' and you nodded before going your own way."

Yeah, I know what you mean Vampy. What really guard me off is when someone says somethin' about " bluesy " friends and one of them would ask me for my email address. One of them knew their own circle of friends or shall I say their own " bluesy " friends that I may be not gettin' along with - he or she would tell them about my home address, no matter if I don't like it -- just, because of " bluesy " friends they are true to that person. That person would tell them anyway. I've been watchin' this AD, their fingerprints are all over this AD. :lol:

I've known you for sometime after I got to know you through readin' your posts/threads. I think you are awesome person. :)

Yep that is what I do, I prefers to know ADers long enough before exchanging addresses and with trust too. If any newbies comes in and only posted a few posts, then asking me for my address. I ain't giving it out to them.

I am glad you know what to do. Some don't. :)

Yeah, I know what you mean Vampy. What really guard me off is when someone says somethin' about " bluesy " friends and one of them would ask me for my email address. One of them knew their own circle of friends or shall I say their own " bluesy " friends that I may be not gettin' along with - he or she would tell them about my home address, no matter if I don't like it -- just, because of " bluesy " friends they are true to that person. That person would tell them anyway. I've been watchin' this AD, their fingerprints are all over this AD. :lol:

I've known you for sometime after I got to know you through readin' your posts/threads. I think you are awesome person. :)
Thanks. :)

Back