Subtle ways of approaching the opposite sex?

KStiletto

Reaction score
Whether male or female how do you subtly approach someone you won't see often or only once like at a book store, or in school? Thanks.

Why do you want to approach someone you might only see once in a bookstore? Didn't your mother tell you about strangers?

I assurance to pretty surprised, you don't tell parents? did you saw on approach person?

Those were examples. Lmao. I mean anywhere, like on your way home from somewhere. I rarely go out, don't have much opportunity. Just wanted to see how some may do it without being too direct.:hmm:

Just say hi and then go from there?

Those were examples. Lmao. I mean anywhere, like on your way home from somewhere. I rarely go out, don't have much opportunity. Just wanted to see how some may do it without being too direct.:hmm:

I've been married since before you were born, but theoretically, joining a church, or a club where everyone shared your interests, would be a safe way to meet someone and see them again, while getting to know them slowly .

I think I'm going to lurk around home depot.. Lol.. Im going to start heading out more get in more social situations.

Just swing ur head back and hollar...."sup?"....or write..."if you don't stop following me...I'm gonna call the Police".

Why do you want to approach someone you might only see once in a bookstore? Didn't your mother tell you about strangers?

Yup. She said "It's fine to meet perfect strangers. It's all those IM-perfect ones you need to worry about!"

KStiletto, I'm assuming you are a young woman, right? In my experience, roughly a century ago, there was nothing that worked better than a brief look, look away, look back with a slow smile. Very effective.

That said: all my long-term boyfriends I met very conventionally, through friends, at church, at work, at school, things like that.

I'm in my twenties. Not that shy just more reserved. Know a few tricks but always open to learning more. I must say it is usually through familiar, constant locations that are the best spots to meet people/potential partner.

There is something to be said for being a "regular." Regularly attend church, go to the same coffeeshop, show up for your classes and sit in roughly the same area each time, join a club, join a gym and sign up for a couple classes that meet every week, etc. Whatever is natural to you, just keep showing up. Nothing beats becoming a "familiar face" in terms of making it easy for people to approach you.

Whether male or female how do you subtly approach someone you won't see often or only once like at a book store, or in school? Thanks.

If I was interested in meeting someone, I would smile and say hello as I walked by. If they're interested, they would find a way to say hello back :)

I'm going to try the hello approach. Sounds simple, just complicated.. Lol. A guy said hi to me when I was on my way home. I said hi back and kept it moving. Lol.. It's weird, maybe I should slow down a bit more.

i have not done it yet buti think going on a deaf cruise is a good way to find a mate

Back