Stupid accidents

my grandma not happy because insurance because they paid on something reason! I think so might not happy because insurance!

The knives remind of the time I was working at a poultry processor and I managed to jab a 6 inch breast knife through my hand. It went through my glove, my hand guard, my liner and my hand and out the other side. I didn't scream or anything I just stood there in shock and I instinctively pulled the knife back out and threw it on the floor and pulled my glove off. When I did, blood was just oozing down my arm. About that time a line foreman saw it and started screaming, GO TO THE NURSE GO TO THE NURSE. I was like, uhm, ok. So I calmly walked to the nurses station. It didn't hurt until she poured alcohol in it. :shock: The bad thing was she didn't send me to the ER or anything. She just applied a butterfly bandage on it and said to keep it dry and told me to go back to the line. Yeah, that's the chicken business for ya. They don't like those lost time accident reports - makes the company look bad.

Put you out for the whole season? I bet you were upset with yourself for trying to catch the door, too!

It did put me out for nearly most of the rest of the season. It happened about 1/2 way through, and I healed in time to play at the very end.

The knives remind of the time I was working at a poultry processor and I managed to jab a 6 inch breast knife through my hand. It went through my glove, my hand guard, my liner and my hand and out the other side. I didn't scream or anything I just stood there in shock and I instinctively pulled the knife back out and threw it on the floor and pulled my glove off. When I did, blood was just oozing down my arm. About that time a line foreman saw it and started screaming, GO TO THE NURSE GO TO THE NURSE. I was like, uhm, ok. So I calmly walked to the nurses station. It didn't hurt until she poured alcohol in it. :shock: The bad thing was she didn't send me to the ER or anything. She just applied a butterfly bandage on it and said to keep it dry and told me to go back to the line. Yeah, that's the chicken business for ya. They don't like those lost time accident reports - makes the company look bad.

That reminds me of this time when my friend and I made brownies together. We assumed that the other person greased the pan before pouring in the batter, but no one did. So the brownies were stuck to the pan. Anyway, one of my friend's roommates decided to get a brownie and he used a huge cutting knife to scrape it off. BAM it went through his hand completely. He severed a nerve too. He was upset at me and my friend FOR MONTHS for not greasing the pan.....

"because the doctors said it would "help" my hearing... hahaha... not in the slightest) " That is really funny. That had to hurt like hell having stitches on your eye. I am glad you did not lose your eye sight , did you keep on taking flute lessons after that?

yeah it did hurt like hell... I did keep playing the flute... only because my parents made me... I didn't understand the point of it... or the clarinet... and they wouldn't let me play percussion, because... that was for boys... oh my parents are crazy...

In 7th grade, closed a car door on my thumb. Didn't break it, but did keep in "on ice" for a few days.

I have also sewed fabric to the webbing between my thumb and forefinger at the sewing machine. I was 8, brother was 12 and I thought he was going to pass out. He freaked, broke out in tears and called mom at work.

I have also sewed fabric to the webbing between my thumb and forefinger at the sewing machine. I was 8, brother was 12 and I thought he was going to pass out. He freaked, broke out in tears and called mom at work.

Girl, when you can make a brother freak out like that, I have to say, Well done!":lol:

Back