Stupid accidents

I've lost count on how many times I've walked into my glass sliding door. Guess that's a true indication of my cleaning skills. LOL

You should put a small pretty sticker in the middle of the glass door to remind you that is closed.

Back when I was a student at RIT, I was working out at the gym. After doing some squats, I was in middle of unloading the weight plates off the bar, a friend tapped my shoulder to talk to me. I turned to look at my friend with my hands still pulling on the weight plate. Lost my grip on the plate and dropped the 45 lbs plate right on my left big toe. Broke the big toe and had to remove the nail off it.

Back when I was a student at RIT, I was working out at the gym. After doing some squats, I was in middle of unloading the weight plates off the bar, a friend tapped my shoulder to talk to me. I turned to look at my friend with my hands still pulling on the weight plate. Lost my grip on the plate and dropped the 45 lbs plate right on my left big toe. Broke the big toe and had to remove the nail off it.

:shock: I don't even want to think about your pain!

Hmmm...I hate to tell this on myself, but here goes:

I was standing on a stool (too lazy to get something more stable) so I could reach my grandmother's crystal bowl in the very top of my kitchen cabinet. Long story short, stool tipped while I had the bowl in my hands, I threw my arms up to protect the bowl from breaking, and my jaw broke my fall. Hit the kitchen counter, bounced, and hit it again. Ermergency room. Broken jaw.

The ER staff was insistent that I was a victim of domestic violence, and I had a heck of a time convincing them that I was only a victim of my own stupidity. Like the doctor asked, "Why didn't you just let go of the bowl?":lol:

I was standing on a stool (too lazy to get something more stable) so I could reach my grandmother's crystal bowl in the very top of my kitchen cabinet. Long story short, stool tipped while I had the bowl in my hands, I threw my arms up to protect the bowl from breaking, and my jaw broke my fall. Hit the kitchen counter, bounced, and hit it again. Ermergency room. Broken jaw.

The ER staff was insistent that I was a victim of domestic violence, and I had a heck of a time convincing them that I was only a victim of my own stupidity. Like the doctor asked, "Why didn't you just let go of the bowl?":lol:

Of course it sucked that they thought you were a victim of abuse. I hope it got all cleared up.

"Because it was my grandmother's!!!! Don't you have a grandmother??"

:)

That does suck!! Did you have to get your jaw wired shut? My old roommate broke his jaw and had to have it wired shut for 3 months. It was impossible to lipread that boy! Normally, both of us knowing ASL would make it so much easier during this time, but I welcomed the silence...... ;)

"Because it was my grandmother's!!!! Don't you have a grandmother??"

:)

That does suck!! Did you have to get your jaw wired shut? My old roommate broke his jaw and had to have it wired shut for 3 months. It was impossible to lipread that boy! Normally, both of us knowing ASL would make it so much easier during this time, but I welcomed the silence...... ;)

EXACTLY! :lol:

Yeah, I was wired for about 6 weeks. The worst part though was that I crushed the trigeminal nerve, and the left half of my face was numb for almost a year!

Did the bowl break? :shock:

When I was about 4 years old. My twin brother was pulling me in the red "radio flyer" wagon. I was standing up and he jerked it and I fell, hitting my nose right on the edge of the wagon. Trip to the ER.. broken nose and two black eyes.

I remember doing a cartwheel in the dark when I was 9. I broke my hand doing that.

Later that spring, I tried to jump out of my swing but I tripped over my feet and fell on my elbow and hit it so hard that I shattered my elbow and broke the bone above my elbow. I had to wear a cast for a month.

I remember doing a cartwheel in the dark when I was 9. I broke my hand doing that.

Later that spring, I tried to jump out of my swing but I tripped over my feet and fell on my elbow and hit it so hard that I shattered my elbow and broke the bone above my elbow. I had to wear a cast for a month.

I have not been able to touch my shoulder since I broke my arm. As a result, my pullups and pushdowns tend to be lopsided.

I've lost count on how many times I've walked into my glass sliding door. Guess that's a true indication of my cleaning skills. LOL

:giggle:..and "snickers"....I feel so dumb whenever I do this and remembering the TV commercial about the Crows sitting on the telephone wires, as the wife cleaned the patio glass doors.with No-Streak Windex..the husband tried to go out of them, and walked straight into them....

Years ago, we lived in a house on an embankment with steep concrete steps going up from the sidewalk.

Right before my brother-in-law got married, my older daughter who was five darted in front of me as I started down the steps. I didn't see her and fell all the way down the steps from the top.

I ended up with a broken ankle and ribs. I went to the wedding in a wheelchair with a cast on my leg and heavily medicated .

In pictures I look really happy, although unaware, but I was so sad that my mother in law had bought me raspberry color Nikes for the weekend, and I couldn't even stand up let alone wear shoes.

:laugh2: :laugh2:...(went to a wedding in a wheel chair, cast on leg...and "heavily Medicated"!).....'Course it ain't so funny if it had of happened to me....just wish I could have seen you there all *f---ed" up...and the "Raspberry Shoes"....jeez...

Uhm, I sliced my finger open trying to cut a Fig-Newton with a butter knife. Had to get stitches (this happened when I was 3)

I ran into a glass display at Anthony's not once, but TWICE (ages 4 and 5), yes both times required stitches.

I tripped on a line at walmart, fell and busted my forehead open, had to get stitches (I was 5).

I've had my eye sliced open with a fishing line spool because my brother thought it was a good idea to use it for a frisbee. (aged 6), yeah that required stitches.

I fell off my bouncy horse and literally knocked a hole in my skull. It never hardened over but skin grew over it, now I just have this indention in the back of my head and I call it a 'hole'. People freak out when they feel of it. I was probably 7 or 8.

I've fallen THROUGH the bleachers at the football field and literally became a human plinko chip all the way down from the top. I was 5. I remember getting checked out in the ambulance by the paramedics and then released.

Sometimes I wonder if I was a human crash test dummy in a past life. :D
:shock:

Another one. Three years ago.. I wanted to play on the kids scooter. (The motorized one) I stood up on it and mash the gas on the handle bars. Weeeeee had fun riding on it, until I made a sharp turn on a sandy area. I fell flat on my face, my thumb got caught under the handle bars. Results..... broken thumb and scraped up face.

Been so lucky, no broken bones...but I did slice my index finger with an Xato (sp) knife. Still have the scar. Also discolated my shoulder when I fell off a 10-speed bike while it was raining....(slipped on the road).

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Wow! So many painful things on this thread! Be careful today.

Back