Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASL Student looking for practice

Hey guys, I'm a ASL II student looking for some practice and maybe even a few new friends. I can Skype or FaceTime, my Skype Screen name is spacedout17 though you should send me a message first because I don't check Skype often. I'm not the best, I sign slow, but I try hard.

Ian

hey ian, let me know when you are available to skype! my user name is sbravoco

Hi i have 2 deaf nephews and I am also an ASl student looking for some practice. I use to know alot a few years ago, but havent used ASl in so long. need some practice/help.

Hi Everyone!

Hi Everyone! :wave:

My name is John. If anyone would like to practice and learn sign over Skype or oovoo, I'm available to help in any way I can. I just completed my undergraduate in ASL-English Interpreting for the Deaf and will be attending Gallaudet University for Graduate school in August.

Best Wishes!

John

Hi all. I'm new on this site. I'm Chelsea, I'm autistic and verbal but was nonverbal when I was a kid. I used a lot of signs to communicate and find I sign better than speak sometimes. The teachers all discouraged me from signing, said it wasn't allowed and since I wasn't at a deaf school I never learned ASL. Am taking ASL I right now at college in hopes of maybe becoming an interpreter someday. Would love to practice with anyone willing to practice with me. I haven't used skype or video chat much so may have a hard time figuring out how to work it at first but really want to try. I love my ASL class! Taking ASL 2 this summer. I got accepted to the interpreter program at Columbia College Chicago for fall! Yay! :) Anyone wanna practice? I struggle with eye contact and understand most fluent sign but am not as good with the expressive side of things. :)
My skype is really slow.. i never use it for Video chat but would love to chat with other Autistc folks, Don't worry about the eye contact though it does get frustrating when we have to look at someone to "hear" I have a hard time following a conversation that I am not interested in, I end up "looking right through" the person and end up daydreaming. then trying to catch up on what I missed. I also tend to look away from whoever I am signing with until I finish whatever I am saying. Then I look back at the person. that is sort of their cue to respond. I tend to pause a lot as my brain tries to put what I want to say into language. when I forget a word or a name that I am wanting to use it gets really frustrating... I use my peripheral vision a lot in conversation... it really throws of the VRS terps a lot... not to mention the video delay that is already involved with VP:deaf::naughty:

Hey, I'm autistic, too, and I'd love to chat. I am working on exams right now but will be free after the 20th and perhaps we could organize a Skype chat. Feel free to PM me or I can PM you, as long as you're okay with it.

Think we will need an Autistic Group chat:giggle::giggle:

I would love to have a Skype singing friend. My ASL is very limited, but I'm a quick learner. I am shy, but I like animals, movies, psychology, and I'm very open minded. I hope someone signs up to be my friend :)
Anyone that has a Tiger as an Icon is okay by me! Rawr!:naughty:

Hey all ... I finally got Skype! My name is megan.davila23. I still sign slow, and don't know too much, but I am looking to sharpen my signing skills. I'm open to chat with anyone who wants to!

I am really looking for someone to help me with my ASL i have skype,oovoo and VP :) please if you want to be my asl helper add me on skype : tommyworld3

I would love to catch you on skype! I want to become an interpreter and started ASL 101

My name is John. If anyone would like to practice and learn sign over Skype or oovoo, I'm available to help in any way I can. I just completed my undergraduate in ASL-English Interpreting for the Deaf and will be attending Gallaudet University for Graduate school in August.

Best Wishes!

John

Please add me!! my user is syrths or you can find me by email as dragonslegend@hotmail.com

Best Wishes!

John

Please email me at cjpeterson222@yahoo.com

Wirelessly posted

I found my way back... if anyone is willing to chat, we can im till I can get on the laptop for a Skype video chat... I can help a little bit for the lower levels but if anyone in or going into level 3, or is in a higher level, I'd like to pick your brain a bit to try to regain most of my fluency back.
who's game?
hokuahi12
just let me know that you found me here or I'll delete the request...
look forward to hearing from someone. take care, have a great evening.

Hi Dryft and Cavvilyn,

I'll definitely add you Dryft to Skype and e-mail you Cavvilyn!

-John

Is there another meeting? I have Skype and google chat, I'd love to get in on a chat

email me if you'd like to try to set something up.. abrinkman13@gmail.com I don't know my Skype name :/ but I'll look it up and post it on here or email you back with it.. I also have an iphone so that's another possibility if someone wants to facetime?

I just joined this site today :)
I have skype and Oovoo, if anybody wants to help me learn how to sign... :dance:

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if we can get an online ASL video chat all together in one chat?

-John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back