Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just saw this and I'd really like to get in on this as well. I'm in ASL I and it's a bit hard to retain what I'm learning when I don't have anyone to practice with.

3rd year interpreting student looking for advanced signers or Deaf people to practice signing with.. SKype name Jellyfishin312

My skype name is Haley_Alexizzzz if anyone is willing to practice ASL all I know is the alphabet and basic words but I'm a quick learner.

Somewhat urgent plea!

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum so if I do anything to offend, please tell me so. To the point, I would like to interact/converse with a deaf individual. I have already read a thread criticizing students who post to this site looking for answers on deafness, cochlear implants, etc. All of which can easily be found on the internet. This will NOT be an interview. Will I ask questions? Yes, because I feel that it generally a great way to start a conversation. I have signed (voice off) with a friend who is also studying ASL but is far more advanced than I am. We managed pretty well, despite my limited vocabulary.

Just so you know a little bit about myself (find anything interesting, let's have a chat!). I am studying criminology in order to become a police officer. I am taking ASL courses to fulfill a foreign language requirement and hope that I can benefit my community as, at least in my city, few police officers know sign language making civilian/officer interactions difficult at best.

My Skype name is ceecee.angelillo

If you would like to assist me with this assignment, a word of warning. My university takes this language and culture very seriously. My professor is hearing and her every move is watched as they (must of the department are deaf) ensure she does everything correctly. As such, my university would like proof that I interacted with a deaf person (for at least an hour) in the form of a video phone or sidekick number. If you would be willing to give me your contact information and would be willing to confirm the information I give them is correct (as in "Yes we contacted each other through Skype...").

There is no guarantee they would contact you but, like I said, they take everything we do to heart and my word means next to nothing. They may need to contact you.

Please message me if you would be interested!

Take care,

CeeCee

Hey guys! I'm not new to AllDeaf but I am new to Skype. I just got a webcam and would love to videochat with someone, whether they be a student or d/Deaf.

A bit about me: I'm hearing and currently in ASL 3 (my professor is Deaf and went to Gally and has taught at my community college for years and years). I'd love to be an interpreter in the future. I work at an "adult novelty" store and love watching movies, especially horror movies.

Skype name: breebit. Please PM me before starting a Skype session, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks!

I don't have time to check AD often but I am hearing and would love for some signing lessons! I have oovoo, facetime and Tango
Email me here if you don't mind teaching me some stuff (I know basic stuff)
shy4ever2u@aol.com
Thanks!

I am hearing and learning ASL for my HOH son. If anyone has time to practice on skype - my username is erika.austin7

This is my thread. :mad2:

You are in the wrong place if you think to tell people not to come in here.

There are plenty of BSL learners also. Also people planning to travel who may like to learn.

I will setting planning my grouping two ASL, BSL in group Alldeaf:) BSL I am offer otherwise! I can help

Make sure,I can help people cheer!

Travis

Elloo, I'm Katie. This monday will be my last ASL 1 class and Im interested in finding an ASL skype/oovoo buddy that is forgiving of my slowness and lack of vocabulary. My oovoo name is SignificantSheep :) let me know.

I am 23 years old female, I never really signed before but was interested to see if there are any deaf/hoh on this site that want a new friend. I have skype and will try to sign what I learn, or to just type. I live near Rochester and go to many RIT events where they are interpreted and find it very interesting. Add me on skype if you want!

Skype- xjenna389

I know there is a group for this but...

I know there is a specific group for this topic, but becuase I am not a premium member, I cannot post things. So, here it is!

I've been around Deaf/HOH and Austistic kids my whole childhood. My grandma is a speech therapist and has a wide range of patients she works with. She doesn't teach Oralism or anything, but she uses sign as a tool for communication. So I've known a good amount of the basics for yeeeears (I'm 19) and in high school finally took the plunge into ASL. Uhm hello! I LOVE it. It's way prettier than English, and for some reason it just makes much more sense to me.

I'm an ASL student at Highline Community College in Washington, and I'll be finished with level 3 this quarter :( So to keep my hands nice and fresh for the interpreting program at Western Oregon University, I will be attending Deaf events... I have a few Deaf friends but they are not always available.

So, wanna skype me for practice? :) Email me if you are interested!
briana.serjeant@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back