Stop leaving voice msgs on my sidekick.

SeattleDeafGrl

Reaction score
Hi - Today, I've finally made a relay call to delete 42 voicemails that has been left on my sidekick. 42! I didn't realize that I had that much in 5 months! The 'cassette recorder' icon on the top of 'jump screen' on the SK is a big annoyance for me (Mostly for Deafies, I'm sure). I didn't have time to make a relay call to delete them all until today. I did some researching and found a way to get a 'direct-call' number by using 'MyIPRelay' service on aim with a direct connection number to get thru to me. It works great. Now I'd like to change my personal answering machine to remind everyone not to leave a message next time.

I'd like to know how you record yourself and some kind of reminder on the answering machine on your sidekick. For example, I think mine would say...

"Hi you've reached Jessie. Please do not leave a message here - It won't be listened to, otherwise please call me at 'my iprelay' number '555-5555'"

Whatcha ya think of it? Too blah or cool? I'd like to know how you announce yours.

:scatter:

Jessie

Is there a way u can remove that answering machine program from sk? and i like what u have to say for the answering machine thingy. Try that and see if it works. Good luck.

btw we share almost the same name LOL

I'm Jesse

I understand what you said, but after discover how to retrieve message though any relay service, even VRS. I find it ALOT easier to give out people my SK2 phone number instead of relay number. Because hearing people tend to confuse when they try to call relay service when they "expect" to call you directly instead. They don't generally understand that relay service is actually third party in invisible mode. So using my sk phone number does make it alot easier for them and no explaination is needed, They all know what Voicemail is, and when I retrieve the message I call them back and they said oh is that relay services you have been trying to explain to me?

Another advantage is if you give out your relay phone number, they will know you are deaf... and can discriminate you, but when you give away the sidekick phone number, they have no clue to suggest them that you may be deaf. eh?

RR called T-Mobile to remove the voice mail on my sk2, because I can't hear and I'm tired of getting those voice mail....

Just simple call T-Mobile and have it removed, then you wouldn't have to deal with it anymore LOL

^Angel^ said:
RR called T-Mobile to remove the voice mail on my sk2, because I can't hear and I'm tired of getting those voice mail....

Just simple call T-Mobile and have it removed, then you wouldn't have to deal with it anymore LOL

Yes, I did the same thing. No problem at all. :)

If you don't like the voice mail feature, you can call T-Mobile and ask them to disable it. I disabled mine. :)

I just called t-mobile and got my voice mail removed from my sk2. Those messages kept beeping me and they left msg in voice mail...most of them were telemarketing. Drove me nuts!!! There should have be yes/no option if the sk2 user want to have voice mail or not.

Maybe you can have a speaking friend leave the outgoing message that says "Hey - don't leave me a voice mail dumba**. I'm deaf. Get it?"

I wouldn't want to remove my voicemail from my sidekick even though if I do have a home phone line but I dont... just a high speed internet along with tv cable and my sidekick and have 2 VP and a D-Link. I agreed with diehardbiker65 cuz most people hate to contact me through 3rd party like relay to call me so whenever people call my cell phone, I tend to click Ignore and if I do see a voicemail alerting me and I'm at my home I tend to call Video Relay Service to check my voicemail with my code nbr to retrieve my messages. Otherwise if I'm not at home, at work or on the road to somewhere, I tend to save my quotes in notes so I'll copy and paste it in my sidekick IP-relay when a operator answered with a similar quotes:

"Hi pls call my voicemail, opon listening to ans mach press (star ****) and relay me any messages. When done, press 7 after the message to delete the message and the nbr is *** *** ****"

It's actually very simple and easier for me and for other people because it's a easy way for me to check my voicemail instead asking people to call thru relay to lv msg on my tty ans mach, i would say 80 percent of ppl wont leave ans mach...

I used to sign up for 'NO Call List' related to telemarketing so if they call my nbr, the organization (I can't remember what it's called) will give the telemarketing company a fine or something like that so I never had problem lately except to those people i give out my nbr

I got answering machine at ALL TIME when I tried call someone via reply and always got answering machine.

I want rid the answering machine. :mad:

On my voicemail, I set it up like "hi you've reached 303 564 2644, pls lv a msg and I'll try to call u back asap thx (beep)" no problem for me and no complain abt my voicemail so far

Hi you dumbass you have reached the deaf's cellphone and dont lv a msg cuz i cant hear you, dumbass!!! no jk jk jk... yeah it happen to me also. i talked to the tmobile and explain that im deaf .. they said they can do is to get rid of it. thats it. :D

I too have an IP-Relay number and had a cousin leave a similar message on my voice mail from my home phone with my relay number. I found that it works great and most people call me at the relay number. The beauty of it is if it is some kind of sales call they won't bother you. I got my sidekick II in January and was receiving telephone collection calls for the previous owner of the number and that put a halt to that too.

Thanks everyone for advices and ideas.
I already registered for DonotCall.gov and hope it works...at least a few voicemails for now! DieHardBiker65 - your comment makes sense for a reason to hide the fact that you are deaf for some reason as important calls so the caller wouldn't be confused what to do with a deaf person. Good one.

:)

At first I got annoying VM, so I looked at SK2 manual book.. There is part where you can forward your calls.... .I have all voice mails or callers dial my cell # then it will be forwarded to my home #. I have no problem with forwarding calls... AMEN!

Back