stick or auto?

What's your preference in cars? Stick or automatic?

• stick shift

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • automatic all the way

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
depends on the car but i live in the city so a Automatic makes more sense, however on a classic car or big truck a stick makes sense.

The stick shift is better fuel efficient, inexpensive,quick, better control, and fun.

Nope. Automatic as of this age and technology will beat manual daily driving...

Manual shifting, as in the past may have been able to one up automatics due to the degree of "control", but in some cases, is now rare. I'm a mechanic as well as an amateur in racing, especially in rallying and drifting. It'd take a dog shifter, or an automatic hand shifted (Such as paddle shift or push [edit: err, rather slap shift] shift) to beat a true automatic in this age, especially one geared and retrofitted for racing. But its doable if you have ALL the know-hows with a standard shifter. ALL. Not daily driving skills. ;]

BUT with all that said and done... I still prefer manual shifting.

Agreed, I would consider to use manual for racing only.

On normal life, I prefer automatic because it make my life so easier and less stress.

Most rule in car racing is that they have to be manual.

Anyway, I am the wheel man, I drive anything from cushmans to semi trucks. I have experiences in both shift sticks and automatics but to my preferences, automatics is my thing due to living in the city all my life and I have the habit of driving in high speed in long distances. Automatics rules in long distance runs then shift sticks but if I am racing or whatever, shift sticks will come handy. The cause of my experience in both worlds was because I work on cars, used to be tire technician for over four years in my youth before moving on the businesses I worked for covered about any thing on wheels and I was also a mechanic during college years. I love driving and did lot of friends favors when they were to drunk or need my help check the cars out or to take them for test drive to see what the problem is.

Nope. Automatic as of this age and technology will beat manual daily driving...

Manual shifting, as in the past may have been able to one up automatics due to the degree of "control", but in some cases, is now rare. I'm a mechanic as well as an amateur in racing, especially in rallying and drifting. It'd take a dog shifter, or an automatic hand shifted (Such as paddle shift or push [edit: err, rather slap shift] shift) to beat a true automatic in this age, especially one geared and retrofitted for racing. But its doable if you have ALL the know-hows with a standard shifter. ALL. Not daily driving skills. ;]

BUT with all that said and done... I still prefer manual shifting.

Automatic never will beat manual for price. ;)

Prefer the control of a stick but I had to go auto when I turned in my old stick and got the jeep. Knees took a dive and a stick isn't good for pain! LOL

I voted stick shift but, I've never driven an automatic. I have a feeling I would prefer automatic.

Stick shift?! Never heard the term before, over here we say "manual"

Yeah... I trend to called "manual shift"

Someday, I'm interesting to get Honda Civic with 6-shift. It should be fun...

if the car has a tach, it may be a little better to have hearing but u can still see the revs visually.
besides you can control your shift points for either low revs for gas mileage or up in the meat of the power for more preformance

Honda S2000 roadster have 6 speed manual that I smogged them. Easy shift and soft clutch pedal. The engine is terrible powerful, rated 240 HP w/o turbo/ superchargers.

Yeah, I know. :) The earlier S2000 can rev up to 9,000 rpm but the newer ones go up to 8500 rpm because of bigger displacement motor and better torque curve. They stopped making the S2000 not long ago as well. It's gonna be a collector's item in the near future.

Honda S2000 roadster have 6 speed manual that I smogged them. Easy shift and soft clutch pedal. The engine is terrible powerful, rated 240 HP w/o turbo/ superchargers.

I rode that one before and it was very high rpm ever I had.

DOHC rules!

no, In-line 4 cylinder w/ DOHC VVCT. S2000 is 2.0L and RWD. I dont know what the S stand for? I guess its sport verison?
Speedy! :) Those are good numbers for a 4 cylinder. I wonder if it will last a long time though.

I rode that one before and it was very high rpm ever I had.

DOHC rules!
Yeah, I accelerated it on the dyno up to 15 mph in 1st gear at little over 3K RPM but I shifted to 2nd gear to met the smog inspections's maxmium engine speed after 15 mph run, raised to 25 mph in 3rd gear at about 2K RPM ( not exact RPM that I cant remember). You can drive about 50 mph in 2nd gear at high rev.

Back