stick or auto?

What's your preference in cars? Stick or automatic?

• stick shift

Votes: 27 57.4%
  • automatic all the way

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
I think it has electric power steering. No hydraulic pump.
you are right about the electric power steering rack. Guess what? The price on a new electric power steering rack, is $2,600 dealer price. Ouch.

Single clutch is manual transmission. DTC is double clutch. That's mean you looks up Porsche with manual transmission.

Try find Porsche with PDK (Porsche Doppelkupplung)

2009 Porsche 911 Revealed With Direct Injection, Dual-Clutch - 2009 911 - Jalopnik

Technical Specs - 911 Carrera S - All 911 Models - Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG

Google is easy tool than alldata.com for information. Alldata is good for repair,TSBs, and diagnose.

PDK (double clutch) is new to me. They are part of semi automatic transmission.
You mean the repair information in Google? I still use Alldata (shop's).

I understand what you and Highlander are talking about the 2.5L motors in Rabbit/Jetta. The 2.5L engines have 2 different engine codes (IDs). I guess they are standard/high performance verison. I ll check the engine codes then try to update you guys this Monday.

They are same engines, and 2 different engine codes: BGP and BGQ
BGP is ULEV 2 (Ultra Low Emission Vehicles 2) and 2 O2S (Oxygen sensor)

BGQ is SULEV (Super Low Emission Vehicles) and 3 O2S (Oxygen sensor).

ULEV 2 or SULEV can found on VECI labels or window stickers. I dont know which they are using on the Jetta or Rabbit

Yes, Mostly diesel engine almost three times torque more than gasoline at same size engine due turbocharger.

I read diesel magazine about Chevrolet Silverado use 6.6L Duramax-powered. Nice to know that Ford use Silverado's engine.
It's not really the turbo that makes the difference in torque between gas and diesel engines. It has more to do with the fuel itself and how it burns inside the engine.

Why do diesel engines deliver more torque?

PDK (double clutch) is new to me. They are part of semi automatic transmission.
You mean the repair information in Google? I still use Alldata (shop's).

No, I never said repair information, I said information that's mean easy to find engine spec (Torque @ rpm, compression ratio, 0-60mph sec..), transmission spec, etc. that's google is quick find simple and clear than alldata. Alldata is great tool for repair info.

I prefer call "DTC" over "semi-automatic" because both clutch are different. My mom's BMW have "semi-automatic" but it have single clutch for auto transmission and my wife's VW have DTC because it have dual clutches.

It's not really the turbo that makes the difference in torque between gas and diesel engines. It has more to do with the fuel itself and how it burns inside the engine.

Why do diesel engines deliver more torque?

Hmm Where diesel get high pressure compresses air from?

Yes, I remember both are different fuel-air mixture.

...Hmm Where diesel get high pressure compresses air from?

Yes, I remember both are different fuel-air mixture.
It's how diesel engines ignite the fuel/air mixture...a compression ratio of 22:1 isn't uncommon.

A high compression ratio allows the engine to extract more mechanical energy from the combustion process.

A gas engine will have knocking issues if it has that high of a compression ratio.

Further reading on Wikipedia: Compression ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wirelessly posted

More torque, more air to compress at a higher pressure because the crankshaft is bigger so more force.

Some of that is why most of the on-highway big trucks run in-line 6 cylinder engines. Their longer stroke takes better advantage of the way diesel engines work. A V-8 diesel engine will have a disadvantage against an in-line 6 cylinder engine if everything else is equal.

I remember reading a story about two trucks that were equally loaded and had to make the same trip. One had a V-8 and the other had an in-line 6. The V-8 truck got ahead of the other one initially, but once they hit the hills, the other truck left it behind.

It's how diesel engines ignite the fuel/air mixture...a compression ratio of 22:1 isn't uncommon.

A high compression ratio allows the engine to extract more mechanical energy from the combustion process.

A gas engine will have knocking issues if it has that high of a compression ratio.

Further reading on Wikipedia: Compression ratio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Make sense to me. I will take diesel class this fall.

Some of that is why most of the on-highway big trucks run in-line 6 cylinder engines. Their longer stroke takes better advantage of the way diesel engines work. A V-8 diesel engine will have a disadvantage against an in-line 6 cylinder engine if everything else is equal.

I remember reading a story about two trucks that were equally loaded and had to make the same trip. One had a V-8 and the other had an in-line 6. The V-8 truck got ahead of the other one initially, but once they hit the hills, the other truck left it behind.

I am agreed with you about V8 and I6 diesel engine.

I drive automatic, only thing I can drive with stick shift is ride on lawn mower.

One of those days I will have to learn to drive shift stick on car or small truck. :)

Just to update my old post. Now I can drive stick shift car. Will be planning to buy a small shift stick car or truck later on. :)

Can you double clutch? :)

I haven't try double clutch yet, I'm not that advanced in stick shift yet, as only just learned to drive stick 1 week ago.

Only good thing is a single clutch shift is becoming smooth. :)

I haven't try double clutch yet, I'm not that advanced in stick shift yet, as only just learned to drive stick 1 week ago.

Only good thing is a single clutch shift is becoming smooth. :)
You shouldn't need to double clutch...I was just having fun with you.

I have been driving stick shift for almost 20 years. Never owned an automatic equipped vehicle. But some times I get tired of stick shift.

Back