Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds

Banjo

Expelled
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's the official website for Spielberg's War of the Worlds film which is set to be released in Summer 2005.

There's not much to look at, it's just a teaser at the moment. But it does look cool and it's Spielberg!

http://www.waroftheworlds.com/

YES! FINALLY! I was wondering when will someone remake 'War of the Worlds' until now. Steven Spielberg is the perfect director for it! Wooooooot!

Magatsu said:
YES! FINALLY! I was wondering when will someone remake 'War of the Worlds' until now. Steven Spielberg is the perfect director for it! Wooooooot!

Yes, I am currently searching for a time machine to buy so I can see this movie as soon as possible.

I want to pay the half for a time machine too so I can join and buy the popcorn then rest my feet on other chair to watch the movie.

Magatsu said:
I want to pay the half for a time machine too so I can join and buy the popcorn then rest my feet on other chair to watch the movie.

:)

2005... it should be a good year. We'll be getting

Peter Jackson's King Kong
Mike Newell's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
George Lucas' Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Hopefully, it'll make up for the last two)
Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins
Joss Whedon's Serenity
John Lasseter's Cars (Pixar)
Andrew Adamson's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (I've been hearing a lot of positive buzz over this one, and I am looking forward to this one very much so) and more.

Banjo said:
:)

2005... it should be a good year. We'll be getting

Peter Jackson's King Kong
Mike Newell's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
George Lucas' Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Hopefully, it'll make up for the last two)
Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins
Joss Whedon's Serenity
John Lasseter's Cars (Pixar)
Andrew Adamson's The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (I've been hearing a lot of positive buzz over this one, and I am looking forward to this one very much so) and more.
They will release Harry Potter movie in 2005? Wow, that is quite fast...

I am thrilling about Batman Begins and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (I heard about it as well)

Magatsu said:
They will release Harry Potter movie in 2005? Wow, that is quite fast...

I am thrilling about Batman Begins and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (I heard about it as well)

Yup, the second unit crew started filming at the beginning of April which is a couple months June when Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was released. The principal filming with the cast started back in July, and this is why they had to pick a different director for the movie so that they can overlap the third movie's production at once. They are halfway of filming the movie, the last I heard.

Banjo, while we are on movie topic, I wonder if do you know when will Spider-man 3 release? And what kind of villain?

Magatsu said:
Banjo, while we are on movie topic, I wonder if do you know when will Spider-man 3 release? And what kind of villain?

Actually, Sam Raimi, the director don't even know what villain he'll be going with. He's still undecided at the moment, but he said that they are now in pre-production meaning they're working on documents, drawing concepts, etc. I heard they have at least 80 pages worth of documents regarding the second sequel.

If I hear more, I'll let you know. Plus, I heard it'll be released in 2007. That's around 3 years away. :(

2007? Jeez, I couldn't wait that long! Alright, thanks for the information.

Oh, no. With Tom Cruise in it? ARGH! I don't really like him.

I am mostly looking forward to:
Star Wars III
Batman Begins
Willa Wonka's Chocolate Factory

Banjo said:
Actually, Sam Raimi, the director don't even know what villain he'll be going with. He's still undecided at the moment, but he said that they are now in pre-production meaning they're working on documents, drawing concepts, etc. I heard they have at least 80 pages worth of documents regarding the second sequel.

If I hear more, I'll let you know. Plus, I heard it'll be released in 2007. That's around 3 years away. :(
though he hasn't decided what villain to use in Spider-Man 3, he was thinking about using "the Lizard" though it would still pretty interesting if he did that one. even though I am a die hard spider-man fan, I seriously doubt Venom would make an appearance anyway...sorry Venom freaks. :P

Weirdo said:
Oh, no. With Tom Cruise in it? ARGH! I don't really like him.

I am mostly looking forward to:
Star Wars III
Batman Begins
Willa Wonka's Chocolate Factory
what the hell is wrong with you? he's an ACCLAIMED fanastic actor!

He did great in :

"Mintory Report"

"The last Samurai"

"Mission Impossible" (best cruise movie ever)

and "Collateral" with Jamie Foxx. (he was awesome as the villain)

Well I'm not really excited for any of those movies anyway...but I wouldn't mind seeing a few movies that Banjo forgot to list those that are coming next year.

most are marvel based movies

Elecktra (DareDevil spin off)

DareDevil 2

Fanastic Four

X3 (possibly)

Thats it...and I hope there definetly won't be a sequel to "Hulk", either.

Steel said:
Well I'm not really excited for any of those movies anyway...but I wouldn't mind seeing a few movies that Banjo forgot to list those that are coming next year.

most are marvel based movies

Elecktra (DareDevil spin off)

DareDevil 2

Fanastic Four

X3 (possibly)

Thats it...and I hope there definetly won't be a sequel to "Hulk", either.

X3?

Ain't happening till 2006. DareDevil 2 is very unlikely for now.

The world of wars are one of my favorites and steven spielberg is my fav director as well! I can forecast a lot of awards bein' winning by this movie! :cheers:

Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds with a summer 2005 release is building up a lot of anticipation from the movie-goers. Today, Apple.com has uploaded the official trailer to the movie.

Official Trailer - Quicktime Required - Click here to get Quicktime
Click one of the links below, view it at your preferred size.

Full Screen
Large
Medium
Small

Not a lot of footage has been shown, this movie is still being filmed as we speak. Though I must say that I was really impressed by the trailer. It basically promises to have a lot of to look forward to. You can access the official website by clicking here.

SOURCE: Banjo's Space

Banjo, 'Full Screen' link is not working right (got the 'iml' error). I want to watch the full screen.

Back