Start my own business

My dad never graduated from high school and he ran his own businesses in the past.

You don't have to set up a bid on eBay. You can sell items at bulk prices with buy now option or set up no bid with buy now only option. Steve Jobs started Apple right out of the garage and he smoked pot in the '70s. Look at him now. It's all about smarts, not only education.

I concur with all these posters starting with PFH. I knew someone in Charlotte NC who dropped out of HS in the 10 grade and she owns a successful business.

Well, trust me, it is not good idea. I recommend you to research how to start a business and observe companies or to take college classes like license, law policies, logic structure about business, and other requirement courses. You better trust with my another option that you grab friends to be on a team work with you on your own project to expand the businesses. Most of business stores are required to have a license. My dream is already coming on the path. Take my advice because I already know everything about business and law. I rather make a team work than sole ownership like Gay Bill Gate.

If you want to sell a lot of goods, then why not try at Craiglist.org? Craiglist > Ebay. Ebay is too slow to get a thing and wasted a lot of times to bid.

serious that is slow pretty bid! not good slow!!

Most teachers in colleges are paid by big corporations (very unfortunately especially for NTID). The corporation's policy warned them that they are allowed to teach the students in some areas. The other areas are prohibited for them to teach how exact to get started from the scratch. That's the reality.

Wirelessly posted

35% of my income is from eBay and I don't sell anything. I just help people find what they're looking for and redirect them to eBay. Google for eBay affiliate program.

Wirelessly posted

35% of my income is from eBay and I don't sell anything. I just help people find what they're looking for and redirect them to eBay. Google for eBay affiliate program.

goddamn!

I've been in the eBay business for more than a year and here are some tips for anyone looking to start up their online vendor.

eBay doesn't charge you final value fee for shipping cost. Most sellers doesn't know this since they're either lazy to read the rules or think that "free shipping" is the way to go. It's not.

But don't go overboard/abuse it. For example, set your fixed price at 99 cents and charge shipping for $100. That's a surefire way to get your account suspended.

I don't feel like sharing one of my many important eBay tips with anyone but since I'm feeling generous so I'll share one to the members of this forum.

The important tip in order to boost your sales is to get your listings on the front page of the "Best Match" category. Key word, feedback score, etc. all play an important role in getting your items on the first page for the "Best Match" category.

Since most customers are lazy to filter the option from "Best Match" to "Low price & shipping", they tend to buy the goods shown on the first page of the "Best Match" category.

I took advantage of this and invested a couple hundred dollars into subtitles and titles in bold and my sales skyrocketed.

Don't forget about your business ethics as well. Shipping out items on time, leaving positive feedback, replying to questions from customers on time, etc. will boost your sales.

It'll help if you invest some of your time reading up on stuff about eBay and how to boost your sales, etc.

I've been in the eBay business for more than a year and here are some tips for anyone looking to start up their online vendor.

eBay doesn't charge you final value fee for shipping cost. Most sellers doesn't know this since they're either lazy to read the rules or think that "free shipping" is the way to go. It's not.

But don't go overboard/abuse it. For example, set your fixed price at 99 cents and charge shipping for $100. That's a surefire way to get your account suspended.

I don't feel like sharing one of my many important eBay tips with anyone but since I'm feeling generous so I'll share one to the members of this forum.

The important tip in order to boost your sales is to get your listings on the front page of the "Best Match" category. Key word, feedback score, etc. all play an important role in getting your items on the first page for the "Best Match" category.

Since most customers are lazy to filter the option from "Best Match" to "Low price & shipping", they tend to buy the goods shown on the first page of the "Best Match" category.

I took advantage of this and invested a couple hundred dollars into subtitles and titles in bold and my sales skyrocketed.

Don't forget about your business ethics as well. Shipping out items on time, leaving positive feedback, replying to questions from customers on time, etc. will boost your sales.

It'll help if you invest some of your time reading up on stuff about eBay and how to boost your sales, etc.
Those are good tips. I'm already following those that apply to buyers. I'm not a seller yet, but do plan on doing so.

Any tip on starting price? It's tricky figuring out what's not too low, but not too high. Would hate to end up making it too low that it doesn't get bid high enough to make it a good sale or too high to a point where no one bids on it.

Those are good tips. I'm already following those that apply to buyers. I'm not a seller yet, but do plan on doing so.

Any tip on starting price? It's tricky figuring out what's not too low, but not too high. Would hate to end up making it too low that it doesn't get bid high enough to make it a good sale or too high to a point where no one bids on it.

I don't do auction style listings, only fixed price listings aka "BUY IT NOW!".

As for your question, I can't help you much there but I'd suggest looking at your competitor's auction style format. For example, look at their "Bid history" for starting and ending price and "Other item info" box and look for "History: how many items sold" (if available) to see how many times they sold the item.

Hope that helps. Also, I think you do have the option to end the sale prematurely just in case if it doesn't reach your profit margin. If there are no competitors, you're welcome to set whatever price you wish.

I don't do auction style listings, only fixed price listings aka "BUY IT NOW!".

As for your question, I can't help you much there but I'd suggest looking at your competitor's auction style format. For example, look at their "Bid history" for starting and ending price and "Other item info" box and look for "History: how many items sold" (if available) to see how many times they sold the item.

Hope that helps. Also, I think you do have the option to end the sale prematurely just in case if it doesn't reach your profit margin. If there are no competitors, you're welcome to set whatever price you wish.
Ah, okay... I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! :thumb:

Back