Ssi . .

downing said:
ahh,, do not bother with ssi... ssi tried to make my hubby to pay 30,000 bucks back, eventually my hubby ended up in court and my hubby won the lawsuit over ssi.

You're right about that! SSI got me into mess...when they claimed that I owe them $50,000....I had to bankrupt it!! (i had to bankrupt credit cards and others..) sooo...but funny, after the SSI foundout I filed bankrupt...they sent me a letter and said I didnt have to owe them anything! Strange, isnt it??

LoneOak said:
diehardbiker65 and others who posted here about the earning while on SSI are being delusive. I wondering why you guys did not check on the facts rather than conjecturing what SSI will allow you to earn?? I do not know where, how, who, and why you got your statement from...??, I got my facts and truths from Detailed Work Incentives Information. This is where you want to find out what SSI or SSDI will allow you to earn so much per month. Look it up and you will find the answers there.

LoneOak

Hey LoneOak, mind telling me how do I look it up? www.Detailed Work Incentives Information? Thanks!

diehardbiker65 said:
Wasting taxpayer isn't the real problem. The real problem is getting out of SSI system! The longer your on SSI system, the more mess you will run into. These SSI people are good at fuck up everything and you will have to chalk up their mistakes! I have seen enough! Whats more, the longer in employment gap makes job search harder! Why? trust me, any employer would look at dates of employment in resume and wondering what the hell are you doing from this year to this year? For example, employer would wonder what are you doing between say 1990 and 2005. How can you explain to them? They won't like hear that your on welfare from these years! They will think your using drugs or something and forget you.

Yes, it is true that it is EASIER to get in SSI system than to get out of them. Just think about this, easier to get in? But you fight to get in... meaning it would be twice harder than you discovered.

I agree with you, however, Ive been in SSI for 10 years..I also worked...I had no problem getting out of this system! The SSI caseworker should never force you to stay in the system...They cant do that! All I did was inform them that I was working full time job..then they just cut off the ssi checks...that's simple!

Sabrina said:
I was talking to a friend of mine one day. This was back in the mid 80’s. We were talking about Social Security and he was telling me about his deaf friends. He said he was born deaf. He married a deaf girl and they had 5 deaf children. Their combined Social Security income was over $60,000 a year. He said they live in a nice brick house, drove a new car and had a nice boat. His friend and wife were perfectly healthy even though they were deaf and could work at any number of jobs. They travel alot every summer time. These kinds of people should not receive my tax dollars as far as I am concerned.

I also am not in favor of supporting mothers who have irresponsible. I have known of numerous instances where there was a man living in the house but the couple would not get married because they would lose their welfare. This issue may or may not have to do with Social Security money. Either way it has to do with my tax dollars. They just sleep all the day and parties.

I am sick of American Disability Deaf people collect the SSI as their healthy are perfectly and fucking lazy !!

I am single Mom of two children. I work TWO jobs... I do not feel sorry for the Deaf people who can't find the jobs.

I totally agree with you Sabrina! With 100%...I have been working for over 10 years...however last fall of 2004, I started having health difficulties..It's a long story but....I had to quit immeadiately...I have leuekmia cancer soo right now, I can not work bez I get tired very easy...the cancer doctor says when people have leukemia cancer, they get tired alot...so right now Im stuck and can not work...

Im on SSDI for now...I dont want to be on it for more than 2 years...it is just temporary...I rather to work...instead of staying home...I hate it but I cant help it...The doctor says I must not be in pressure at all...soo..it is a good reason for me to stay on SSDI...I recently applied last fall..and finally receive it since March.

Indeedly, you CAN include SSA debts on bankruptcy filing. I have done that, and was forced SSA to pay me back 6 months because they refused to stop deduct for overpayment as required by bankruptcy court. I had to quietly accept they deducting for 6 months, why? SSA office is right below where the bankruptcy court is! I wanted SSA to overlook this and miss that important court date. Sure enough they missed, and didn't object. So, after the BK case is over I went straight downstairs and hand that document to SSA, and DEMAND my money back! It WORKED!!!

coloravalanche said:
You're right about that! SSI got me into mess...when they claimed that I owe them $50,000....I had to bankrupt it!! (i had to bankrupt credit cards and others..) sooo...but funny, after the SSI foundout I filed bankrupt...they sent me a letter and said I didnt have to owe them anything! Strange, isnt it??

my dad would be homeless, if he hadn't lie to the Social Security Administration... that he had back problem and can't work.

So he got himself $500 a month SSI checks.

I wondered if homeless people would do this.... and especially
the poor-class people would do this

A number of our clients have reported to me that they've been getting letters from the SS stating that their SSI will be cut starting January 2006. The clients already have both SSDI and SSI so when SSI goes down the SSDI goes up so the impact is really minimal to those who know how to get the paperwork done on time. People who are on SSI only will not be affected.

PASS program is a novel idea but have you see the application forms and paperwork? It is many many complicated pages long and is a good way to scare people away from filing them. Sometimes the language isnt easy for minimal-literate people and compounding it are that many disability organizations would be charging people for assistance in completing them. And I've heard horror stories of PASS maintennance problems as they require a lot of reporting and clarification.

Richard

Wait 10 more years, they will send you mail asking for more information and accuse you for something! I wouldn't be too surprised!

Recently it happened to friend of mine and he was so pissed off. He thought the case were completely closed... But nope they went back to 1993 records and start to questioned him. He even thought that he got everything straighten out. But WRONG!!! There is a possible somebody got hired and review his record and find something that wasn't clear to him or her and decided to bug my friend over this.

coloravalanche said:
I agree with you, however, Ive been in SSI for 10 years..I also worked...I had no problem getting out of this system! The SSI caseworker should never force you to stay in the system...They cant do that! All I did was inform them that I was working full time job..then they just cut off the ssi checks...that's simple!

Sure there is more to horror stories over PASS. SOmetimes caseworker overlooked the PASS and accusing the client for false information. Had it happened in the past? Sure you can BET on it! I have seen, been though, etc. I am SSA system veteran to know what it is like!

As of right now, I am playing games against SSA, because I ALREADY reported that I went back to work, and got the document stamped by SSA office (hehehe) they overlooked it and still continue to send me check. I also asked SSA to give me more information on overpayment, how this had happened because I got three different mail with different figures in it! It is really confusing, I tried to have this clarified, but caseworker refused and said sorry, all the information is in other city office. I said ALRIGHT, I wanted to transfer all the paperwork and documents to specific branch which is closer to my home, the answer I got is "Well you can go anywhere, the information is in EVERY offices across the nation". In my mind, WTF? why she said my records is in another city, and now she is telling me it is in everywhere? Is she hiding something from me? Or that they refused to admit they made huge mistakes? So I gave up and let it go. Recently they contacted me for more information. I decided to FUCK them because they refused to provide me information I request, now they want more from me, WTF? I don't care if I have to go to the court. I have enough documents to proof how SCREWY the system is! Im TIRED AND FED UP with SSA people!

What I think needs to be done is SIMPLIFY the system and do what the welfare and Unemployment office is doing. Those two branches don't have as much problem as SSA does! I think I like the way Unemployment Insurance office is doing. That is why I never had problem with them. With UI, I was required to report every week on computer wheather I work last week or not, the amount if any, and number of days worked from employment. I think SSA should have done the same way, making everybody report though online in the end of month, simply enter how many hours each week worked, and how much gross pay recieved for each week. THAT IS IT, that way you can have hard records that you have reported and that overpayment won't have to happen, and that if SSA fails to follow up then it is THEIR LOSS, PERIOD. Also, SSA should have limit themselves up to 3 years from going back to old records. They got enough time to figure out because they always get records from IRS every year in June! What's their excuses? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Nesmuth said:
PASS program is a novel idea but have you see the application forms and paperwork? It is many many complicated pages long and is a good way to scare people away from filing them. Sometimes the language isnt easy for minimal-literate people and compounding it are that many disability organizations would be charging people for assistance in completing them. And I've heard horror stories of PASS maintennance problems as they require a lot of reporting and clarification.

Richard

:eek:I see that some of you said that you owed Social Security money? How did that happened? Did they recovered something that you were hiding from them? If it's too personal I'll understand I was just wondering why so much that is owed to Social Security? :confused:

Cheri said:
:eek:I see that some of you said that you owed Social Security money? How did that happened? Did they recovered something that you were hiding from them? If it's too personal I'll understand I was just wondering why so much that is owed to Social Security? :confused:

ohh that reminds me for 3 or so years the SSA took a nice chunk out of my tax refunds. Last time, my ex wife DIDNT tell me she owed SSI money the IRS ended up wiping out half of our 2002 tax refund check and boy was I sure pissed about that!

But then I no longer owe SSI anything since I got off the system 10 years ago.

I'm been on SSI and now SSIDI and welfare and still hate it. I'm on and off the job a before enrollin in college to be transfer to University to earn B.S. If you have a VR counselor, make sure you have a better counselor since some counselors are trying to put deaf ppl in lower wages even if you have good wage careers or want good wage career. I recalled one time with a VR counselor, I have two children but she was trying to put me in a job for $6.25 an hour which is NOT enough to cover the rent, foods, clothings for kids and to get me off those systems (both SSI and welfare). What? $1000 a month minus the taxes and medical?? (Now the gross will be $1160 becuz of the increase of wage) The rent is $800 a month (I live here in a long term). No thanks.

I already talked to the eligibility worker and she told me that a VR counselor isn't make any sense. So I quitted going to her office and will find another VR counselor my friend suggested. I worked for the US postal service for $14.25 an hour as a probationary carrier (believe me that type of career is not for everyone..they broke the lunch and breaks law causing me to ended up w/ a gallbladder stone and gallbladder removal.) The rent around here is now in the newspaper ads; $950 for 1 bedroom to $1500 for 3 bedroom apartment. SSI and welfare are NOT enough. I recommend going to university to get a B.A. or B.S. degree in order to get better job and better wages. So find the better VR counselor and better college/university to earn a degree. If VR counselor refuses to help with the costs (she almost refused until the state told her to) in college or trying to put you under his/her nose, go find another one who is willing to work around with you and put you in better career. Like diehardbiker said, It's difficult to get out of the SSI system. Everyone hates to be in SSI system and welfare system. I don't like it either but we have to live on them for a while until I get a job and stay off those systems.

Moochers

SSI was meant to help disabled persons to get on their feet while (or until) they found a job to support themselves. It was not meant to be a freebie for lazy-assed deaf folks who do not want to work.

Eventually the government will get wise and all the SSI peeps will be out in the cold unless they learn how to work.

Got that?

some of SSI workers may be idiot or not graduated university or college, are they? my husband used SSI before and he got job has reported every month his stub to SSI and got descreased SSI then 1 year passed SSI letter asked to re send his stubs again he did and got letter that he owed about 1,000, my god, what did worker do every month seeing his stubs has been descreased SSI what more, if mismatched it is worker's fault, well, he still owe SSI arranged 50 a month

i never get SSI since I came here have 2 jobs then 1 due of having kids to spend time with

SSI n workers there :rl:

Lantana said:
SSI was meant to help disabled persons to get on their feet while (or until) they found a job to support themselves. It was not meant to be a freebie for lazy-assed deaf folks who do not want to work.

Eventually the government will get wise and all the SSI peeps will be out in the cold unless they learn how to work.

Got that?

Well said!!!! :thumb:

Lantana said:

Got that?

From my perceptive Deaf people are NOT disabled. They did not try very hard to fight themselves to find the jobs. They just give up and want to feel sorry for themselves.

I have seen them who are very brilliant. They can do work for a better job instead of staying home to do nothing. They expect the hearing people to feel sorry for them because they are Deaf. Jeeze !!

Lantana said:

Got that?

Sabrina and Lantana are absolutely right.

Thank you for saying what needs to be said. It really pisses me off to see some of these lazy deaf people just sitting at home, collecting money. Money that I'm paying for each and every paycheck. Not only does it piss me off that I pay a tax for relay service a month, but I pay much more to promote laziness and dependance on government programs. Not much difference then the lower class people who sit at home, collecting and abusing welfare, yet having some nice possessions to account for it. It's people like Miss P, who sit at home, do nothing, and revel in the fact they get free money with no worries. I'm sure some of you've seen Miss P's posts where she's bragging about her $500 dollar a month SSI check, and having no job.

Cheri, to answer your question, people come to owe SSA money back when they are overpaid, or the wrong information of their living arrangements is given.

Sabrina said:
From my perceptive Deaf people are NOT disabled. They did not try very hard to fight themselves to find the jobs. They just give up and want to feel sorry for themselves.

I have seen them who are very brilliant. They can do work for a better job instead of staying home to do nothing. They expect the hearing people to feel sorry for them because they are Deaf. Jeeze !!

How do you really know that?....It seem that some people keep saying that those who are on SSI don't want to work or sitting on their lazy butt, you and most of the people don't know what is going on in their lives, and it's none of anyone's business to know why they're on SSI, SSA, SSDI , It's their life...

I'm a working mom and I don't go out and complain about those who are on SSI, etc...I worry about my own life and if I want to work, that's up to me no one else...

^Angel^ said:
and it's none of anyone's business to know why they're on SSI, SSA, SSDI , It's their life...

And its my money. Money that I could use to pay towards rent, or my phone bill, or betting my car fixed.

apathrev said:
And its my money. Money that I could use to pay towards rent, or my phone bill, or betting my car fixed.

I respect your opinon on this, and how you feel about people on SSI, SSA, SSDI....

I'm not going to say anymore to this, which I already said what I had to say, if others disagree, that's fine...no hard feelings here... :aw:

Back