Sotomayor's views on guns prompt questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
so back to topic please?

Gotta love how some Americans value guns more than anything else.

Idiocracy in action, folks!
This American doesn't value guns more than anything else but I do value my Second Amendment rights along with the rest of my Constitutional rights.

Oooooh. Gotta use a dog to do your dirty work, big man?:lol:

big man? I'm only 5'6" pencil-thin Korean man who wears size small tshirt :lol:

so you're getting senile? that might explains some irrational posts..... :hmm:

No but evidently, you have some problems reading the posts. It said "when they get senile", not "I am senile.":ty:

Irrational?:laugh2: You are in a joking mood today aren't you?:giggle:

No but evidently, you have some problems reading the posts. It said "when they get senile", not "I am senile.":ty:

Irrational?:laugh2: You are in a joking mood today aren't you?:giggle:

:o

so anyway - I concur with Reba's post... finally a post that is relevant to this thread.

so back to topic please?
see you are using tact not a tazer :aw:

i hope Sotomayor, the Supreme and the rest of the current elected boneheads sticks to the fact the Second Amendment right should not be infringed

This American doesn't value guns more than anything else but I do value my Second Amendment rights along with the rest of my Constitutional rights.

exactly. Americans value on freedom and liberty the most - the feeling of self-reliance.

I am sorry to tell you that the Second Amendment trumps your arguments against guns. The judges should interpret the U.S. Constitution, not from their own conscience or legal opinions.

The guns do not kill. It is people who pull triggers from their guns.

Many think that guns don't kill, people do. The truth is guns just make it easier to kill.

Many think that guns don't kill, people do. The truth is guns just make it easier to kill.
If people are law abiding, safety conscious, well trained, and mentally stable, then guns are not a problem. It's always a people problem not a gun problem.

If people are law abiding, safety conscious, well trained, and mentally stable, then guns are not a problem. It's always a people problem not a gun problem.

Yup, that's true.

She can't take gun rights away or make similar to Germany, she's just talk, talk and talk, nothing is news.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
~ Adolf Hitler, 1935
:wave:

I’ve never understood why Americans need to carry guns. Yes, I know that criminals use guns and kill innocent people and people should have the right to defend and protect themselves and their families but the problem is gun, lack many people´s common sense for shoot many innocents including children because the gun is too easy for them to shoot. I also read about the happened when the children get a hold of guns lead to terrible consequences...

My heart goes out to the victims and their family.

If you think everyone should have a gun to defend themselves, then perhaps every country in the world has the right to nuclear weapons. :roll:

Yup, that's true.

She can't take gun rights away or make similar to Germany, she's just talk, talk and talk, nothing is news.

This Forum, I can express my opinon.

This was Hilter´s opinoin. :dunno:

I’ve never understood why Americans need to carry guns. Yes, I know that criminals use guns and kill innocent people and people should have the right to defend and protect themselves and their families but the problem is gun, lack many people´s common sense for shoot many innocents including children because the gun is too easy for them to shoot. I also read about the happened when the children get a hold of guns lead to terrible consequences...

Are you saying we should not have any gun??

Well, let me tell you something.

On April 16, 2007, there were thirty-two people were murdered, and all people were disarmed by their government. There was only one murder who broke the law and had a gun. Is it sound right to you, isn't it?

Think about it.

I still beleive it's a collective right, not an individual right.

Of course, that's hard to explain since we cannot really say, "since it's a collective, why should this person NOT be part of the collective?"

Well, let's say that our First Amendment gives us the freedom of speech, all right? But it does NOT mean we can say the F word anywhere. It's still within restrictions given to us by our collective.

It's the same with guns. Neither amendments actually meant that you can have free speech all you want or use gun in any way you want to use it. It's all about being collectively the right to have freedom of speech and the right to have arms.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/color]

Are you saying we should not have any gun??

Well, let me tell you something.

On April 16, 2007, there were thirty-two people were murdered, and all people were disarmed by their government. There was only one murder who broke the law and had a gun. Is it sound right to you, isn't it?

Think about it.

So? Two wrongs don't make it right. If we arm all people, there will be a LOT of homicides/suicides THANKS to guns. Statistics have consisntely showed that the risk of murder increases significantly when you own a gun for ANY reason, even for self-defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back