Some choice pictures of my way cool job.

trombgirl

Reaction score
rama03.jpg
rama24.jpg
rama28.jpg

This is Rama, a retired Marine World tiger that came in for a mass removal that turned out to be cancer. That was sad, but he had a long 17-year life. He was a stud that carried the white tiger gene and fathered 18 white tiger cubs. The last picture is a goofy picture of my boss, Dr. Turner.

shinka08.jpg
shinka09.jpg

shinka29.jpg

This is Shinka, one of only ten white bangel tigers without stripes (except those on her forehead there) in the entire world! She was a very sweet girl and is doing well now.

daisy02.jpg
daisy25.jpg
daisy55.jpg

Daisy came in for a triple root canal. Our Doctor and clinic staff took care of anesthesia and monitering while three human dentists did the actual dental work (the second picture shows the three dentists watching as Dr. Turner makes sure Daisy is ready). Very cool. Poor girl has no sharp canines any more though. :(

zoe002.jpg
zoe003.jpg
zoe018.jpg

Zoe is an 8-year-old asian pigmy leopard that came in to be spayed because a mate couldn't be found for her and she was starting to have reproductive issues that required that she be spayed to preserve her own life. She is doing great now. :)

I am the webmaster of my clinic's newly established website if anyone is interested in more of these photos. :) Arbor Pet Clinic

oh so cute. I wish I had baby tiger with me.. How did you become vet??

Oh, wow ! That's sooo beautiful and awesome creatures ! Love those white tigers ! :thumb:

AWWW!!! Cute! In 1990, I went to Las Vegas, Nevada. I saw white tigers. I scan and show you

Wow ! and Welcome and I love that story
about that shot pole game LOL

Very interesting I'm sure that you will
NEVER get bored with this kind of cool job.

pics are here at The Mirage Hotel. It is my favorite place there.

Attachments

• whitetiger1.jpg
    whitetiger1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 26
  • whitetigers.jpg
    whitetigers.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 25
wow! I would love to do tigers and other big animals!!! I work at a vet with dogs, cats, cows, horses and ferrets. That would be something I'd love to do. Thanks for sharing! those are awesome!

Wow! Thanks for showing us the pics. They are very nice animals. You are lucky to get close to them. I have always wondering what their furs feels like. :)

Dang Trombgirl....

All of my life I have want to pet Tigers even when I was little girl.. Altho strange thing I LOVE wolves too but Tigers are special too... I dont know why I dont collect any tigers but I do collect Wolves (I have 2 tattoos and some things for my house) Anyhow
when I see you holding that tiger paw I can't believe HOW HUGE his paw was.. Damn I wish i would hold one someday! when I was young I had a dream that the Tiger's Skin/hairs were so SMOOTH to pet with and I can see the picture.. Dang LOL I guess you all can see that im jealous lmao..

Someday I might meet one someday I Might not. but.. It's lovely to see these pictures Thank you trombgirl for sharing this with all of us!

:ty:
Wendy

Whoa, awsome and I am really big fans of tigers. Also I named my cat "Tiger" cuz I love tigers alot.. BTW great pictures!

Thanks everyone. :) Those are very pretty tigers in your pics EagleCherokee63, I especially like that backround thing. I've never been to Vegas.

To all those who have always wanted to touch a tiger, surprisingly their fur is NOT soft, it's tough stuff. The leopard was really soft though. We have to shave a section the cats' tail or leg to put an IV in (we give fluids to all the large exotic animals to reduce the shock of the procedure we do plus just being around humans in the first place), anyway I once took the hair of a tiger home because a co-worker said my pet cats would go nuts over it, they didn't care about it though, lol.

Rama, the tiger whose paw I'm holding was 450 pounds. He's not the biggest we've seen. The biggest was 600 pound Kubie, a white bangel. I didn't post any of his pics, he had a sad story his most recent visit. :(

I'm not a vet yet, I'm still in school to be a vet. But I became a vet tech at this clinic because I had a lot of experience working at pet stores and volunteering at zoos and I had a huge interest in learning, so they gave me a chance and hired me. I'm so glad they did. :)

That's so awesome! I've petted tiger. I can't remember name of place in Oregon where you can pet the wild anmials but they were take care of by humans. A lot of fun.

I don't remember how it felt when I petted the female tiger. Last time I was only 13! So that's way long time ago lol!

Thanks everyone. :) Those are very pretty tigers in your pics EagleCherokee63, I especially like that backround thing. I've never been to Vegas.

To all those who have always wanted to touch a tiger, surprisingly their fur is NOT soft, it's tough stuff. The leopard was really soft though. We have to shave a section the cats' tail or leg to put an IV in (we give fluids to all the large exotic animals to reduce the shock of the procedure we do plus just being around humans in the first place), anyway I once took the hair of a tiger home because a co-worker said my pet cats would go nuts over it, they didn't care about it though, lol.

Rama, the tiger whose paw I'm holding was 450 pounds. He's not the biggest we've seen. The biggest was 600 pound Kubie, a white bangel. I didn't post any of his pics, he had a sad story his most recent visit. :(

I'm not a vet yet, I'm still in school to be a vet. But I became a vet tech at this clinic because I had a lot of experience working at pet stores and volunteering at zoos and I had a huge interest in learning, so they gave me a chance and hired me. I'm so glad they did. :)

Way cool allright! I wanted to become a vet of sorts(avian) or an aviculturist for zoo or some birdy place. Still thinking about it..

Anyways, what's the name of the "cinnamon" color mutation? I think Daisy has it.. softer base color with reddish stripes instead of black. Is it a recessive like the white? Does it have anything to do with the white gene, because it seems to pop up in association with whites, or maybe that's just an result of breeders who collect the color mutants and mix them together. If they're separate mutants, suspect the stripe-less whites are a combination of white and "cinnamon".

Anyways thanks for sharing, you lucky person!

cool pics there. There's a great exhibit at MGM grand in vegas now.....don't remember what kind of tigers though that they have. It's a very interactive exhibit with the public.

trombgirl,

Amazing pictures, what you've took these wild animals pictures! So Lovely..
I have not gone experience a like you...

keep up brings exotic animals picture what you're in there...
*smile*

Anyways, what's the name of the "cinnamon" color mutation? I think Daisy has it.. softer base color with reddish stripes instead of black. Is it a recessive like the white?

Daisy is called a "Golden Tabby" according to her owners. I don't know exactly how it comes about but it makes perfect sense that it's recessive. I'll ask her owners next time they come up. We're spaying a tiger in a month or so, after her four cubs are weaned. I'll post the pics. :)

:ty: :angel: Maybe someday you can go to Las Vegas and look white tigers there.

Back