software problems

christie

Reaction score
:confused:i am haing a lot of "issues" with my desk top computer. it keeps kicking me off!!! does anyone know how to help me figure out what's wrong???? it keeps popping up an error of not reading memory/ instuction etc. anyone???help please!!!!

it comes up as an error when i'm online. it doesn't seem to matter what i'm doing.

okay it did it again while i had multiple windows open. it comes up :
auto suggest drop down IEXPLORE.EXE application error instruction ###### reference memory #### could not be read

what does this mean? yes i'm completely cluless to this stuff!!!
my laptop only freezes up on me--i have no idea why on that either but one problem at a time. anyone out there with a clue for me?????
:confused:

I can't see what you have problem with software. Not know what kind of software?
If, you have Windows XP or Visita CD. You need re-format and re-install everything.

Have you tried clearing out your cache, your cookies, and your history?

Some people allow their internet browser to store so much memory that it begins to slow down at some point.

The other issue could be that you have too many programs running at start-up. You might want to clean that up.

Perhaps, defrag your files as well?

I have went through all the defrag i could cuz i thought that might be the problem too!! still -- ERRORS!!

Have you tried clearing out your cache, your cookies, and your history?

Some people allow their internet browser to store so much memory that it begins to slow down at some point.

The other issue could be that you have too many programs running at start-up. You might want to clean that up.

Perhaps, defrag your files as well?

I have actually done all that --I do know that much but from there I'm cluless!

The error "application error instruction ###### reference memory #### could not be read" can be from a few different reasons, the worst possibility could be bad memory (RAM). My first question is how old is the computer and is that the original memory that was in it. Without more details of the error instruction # and memory # I cannot be more detailed.

To figure out if your RAM is going bad is not always easy. You can try a memory test, like the one here Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic but there really is no ideal test for memory. When you try to troubleshoot memory though, is Internet Explorer the only program that is giving you that error or do you get the same error from other programs? You can also try a 'stress test' program like Prime95 or the enhanced version of that program at this site Stress Prime 2004 . The stress test programs will probably take a number of hours to run, but if they come up with errors, it is a good chance that you have bad memory. The only other 'test' I can think of right now is actually removing some of the memory from the PC and seeing if still get the errors or not, and then taking out the other memory and putting the first back in and trying again, but I don't recommend this way for people who aren't good with computers.

Anyways, with such little information, my first guess is to check memory and easiest way is to start with a stress test.

If that doesn't help, please provide more information like the whole error including the memory address and error code as well as some information about your computer like what kind it is and what hardware. You may even be able to find information online about the error by doing a google search for the error code and memory location.

Please continue to post here with any more info and results of stress test and I'll do what I can to help. I know how frustrating computer problem can be, especially for someone not good with computers.

The error "application error instruction ###### reference memory #### could not be read" can be from a few different reasons, the worst possibility could be bad memory (RAM). My first question is how old is the computer and is that the original memory that was in it. Without more details of the error instruction # and memory # I cannot be more detailed.

To figure out if your RAM is going bad is not always easy. You can try a memory test, like the one here Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic but there really is no ideal test for memory. When you try to troubleshoot memory though, is Internet Explorer the only program that is giving you that error or do you get the same error from other programs? You can also try a 'stress test' program like Prime95 or the enhanced version of that program at this site Stress Prime 2004 . The stress test programs will probably take a number of hours to run, but if they come up with errors, it is a good chance that you have bad memory. The only other 'test' I can think of right now is actually removing some of the memory from the PC and seeing if still get the errors or not, and then taking out the other memory and putting the first back in and trying again, but I don't recommend this way for people who aren't good with computers.

Anyways, with such little information, my first guess is to check memory and easiest way is to start with a stress test.

If that doesn't help, please provide more information like the whole error including the memory address and error code as well as some information about your computer like what kind it is and what hardware. You may even be able to find information online about the error by doing a google search for the error code and memory location.

Please continue to post here with any more info and results of stress test and I'll do what I can to help. I know how frustrating computer problem can be, especially for someone not good with computers.

Everyone thought it's RAM but nope.

Read all posts and you will see.
Referenced Memory Error - TechSpot OpenBoards

Plus I seem same issue from customers then re-image and work perfect.

well a friend came by and he's pretty sure its the memory. my computer is only 2 years and have alredy replaced the mother board so i just kinda figure i have to call tech in:(

What is the error code number? It will help us to track down the problem and give you a solution to solve it.

Purplecatty's free

Yeah he enjoy to break everything!

*break motherboard with hammer* (ROFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLL)
rofl3.png

Back