Social Security Benefits for Illegal Immigrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eve

Reaction score
Illegals granted Social Security - Nation/Politics - The Washington Times, America's Newspaper

Illegals granted Social Security
By Charles Hurt
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
May 19, 2006

The Senate voted yesterday to allow illegal aliens to collect Social Security benefits based on past illegal employment -- even if the job was obtained through forged or stolen documents.
"There was a felony they were committing, and now they can't be prosecuted. That sounds like amnesty to me," said Sen. John Ensign, the Nevada Republican who offered the amendment yesterday to strip out those provisions of the immigration reform bill. "It just boggles the mind how people could be against this amendment."
The Ensign amendment was defeated on a 50-49 vote.

This is now a bill before the president. If you wish to let Mr. Bush know your feelings on this issue, it is important to immediately call the White House comment line at 202-456-1111 or fax 202-456-2461

Also see:
Illegal Aliens To Get Billions From U.S. Social Security - CA Political News by Stephen Frank
The Seniors Coalition Advocate - Online Magazine

*note: If/WHEN Social Security runs out of money, thousands of deaf SSDI recipients will be affected

This bill totally stinks! :mad:

I'm glad one of my Senators is thinking right:

"It makes no sense to reward millions of illegal immigrants for criminal behavior while our Social Security system is already in crisis," said Sen. Jim DeMint, South Carolina Republican. "Why in the world would we endorse this criminal activity with federal benefits?

If you want to know how your Senator voted on the proposed amendment, look here:

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

Well, I don't care about illegal immigrant, also just let them to get SS.

Oh this is not good, jeez. The senators from AR both voted NAY. so thats good, whew!

bad news for the illegal aliens..

"If this amendment were enacted, the nest egg that these immigrants have worked hard for would be taken from them and their families."

Dont agree either.

Pacman said:
Well, I don't care about illegal immigrant, also just let them to get SS.
I sure hope you aren’t counting on social security to be there when you are old and need it, then.

RebelGirl said:
Hope the bill gets voted off...
It has already passed the vote by the Senate. Now the bill can be either vetoed by the president, or signed into a law. If we all let President Bush know we do not support this bill, he may not sign off on it, as he plans to do at this time.

shel90 said:
Dont agree either.
Then speak up and let your opinion be known to the president!

How do I do that? I am a dummy when it comes petitions and writing letters to the congresspeople so I dont know how all that works. If u have a step by step for dummies, great! :giggle:

Fax to: 202-456-2461

SAMPLE LETTER said:
Dear Mr. President:

I am opposed to the current bill before you, which would give illegal immigrants social security benefits.

Sincerely,
[your name here]

Of course, I believe American comes first, overseas - illegal immigrants comes second, unless they claim to be a "Refugee/asylum seekers" which is emergency - don't you think so?
I don't know the details enough so I shan't saying too much.

I worked 70 hours/week, and the social security tax took the money from my paycheck, and it goes to illegal immigrants (not 100%, but you know what I'm talking about)... who lived in a room with full of 11 people, who are watching TV all day, and DO NOTHING.

This is mega-supercalifragilisticexpialidoscious not right.

I sure hope you aren’t counting on social security to be there when you are old and need it, then.

It has already passed the vote by the Senate. Now the bill can be either vetoed by the president, or signed into a law. If we all let President Bush know we do not support this bill, he may not sign off on it, as he plans to do at this time.

I don't care about SS, also they are sooo low money.

I prefer to get job and spend some of money in retirement account.

I worked 70 hours/week, and the social security tax took the money from my paycheck, and it goes to illegal immigrants (not 100%, but you know what I'm talking about)... who lived in a room with full of 11 people, who are watching TV all day, and DO NOTHING.

This is mega-supercalifragilisticexpialidoscious not right.

Not all of them are so and most of them are focus on job as work hard.

Opal said:
Of course, I believe American comes first, overseas - illegal immigrants comes second, unless they claim to be a "Refugee/asylum seekers" which is emergency - don't you think so?
I don't know the details enough so I shan't saying too much.
The problem here is that the illegal aliens are getting the benefits through illegal means. And, most illegal immigrants don't work regular jobs. Instead, they work "under the table" so that they don't pay any taxes, including social security. Therefore, they are given social security benefits they have not contributed to.
Social security is what taxpayers pay into to ensure that there is a stable fund available to us when we are old and/or disabled and no longer able to work. Why should we be GIVING this away to those who have not helped contribute? The system is already in trouble. They predict that social security will only last another 10-13 years. Change is certainly needed, but giving away the funds faster is NOT the answer. They are only making matters worse for the rest of us who have been contributing to Social Security all our lives.

Pacman said:
I don't care about SS, also they are sooo low money.

I prefer to get job and spend some of money in retirement account.
Goodfor you. When I call the prez, I will be sure and let him know that YOU don’t need the SS, but the rest of us do.

The problem here is that the illegal aliens are getting the benefits through illegal means. And, most illegal immigrants don't work regular jobs. Instead, they work "under the table" so that they don't pay any taxes, including social security. Therefore, they are given social security benefits they have not contributed to.
Social security is what taxpayers pay into to ensure that there is a stable fund available to us when we are old and/or disabled and no longer able to work. Why should we be GIVING this away to those who have not helped contribute? The system is already in trouble. They predict that social security will only last another 10-13 years. Change is certainly needed, but giving away the funds faster is NOT the answer. They are only making matters worse for the rest of us who have been contributing to Social Security all our lives.

Goodfor you. When I call the prez, I will be sure and let him know that YOU don’t need the SS, but the rest of us do.

What's wrong with these stupid politicans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back