So it's not just Jackie Chan who's hh/deaf

Whoa really? Whoopi too? I didn't know that one. When did this happen?

Well, I was watching an episode of The View. She was talking about how one time her daughter was like "Why do you have the T.V. so loud, I can hear it in the other room." So, Whoopi started to realize her hearing was not as it seems, so she got her hearing checked out, and said they have "things to help you, you can tuck behind your ear.." She then motioned to remove her dreads from by her ear, showing Joy, the other co-host something. So, with that said, she was probably wearing an aid. Sometimes they can't go too off topic so they can't elaborate sometimes and be specific. Anyhow, I found it very interesting. I googled soon after she said that, but nothing came up. Perhaps now?

Well, I was watching an episode of The View. She was talking about how one time her daughter was like "Why do you have the T.V. so loud, I can hear it in the other room." So, Whoopi started to realize her hearing was not as it seems, so she got her hearing checked out, and said they have "things to help you, you can tuck behind your ear.." She then motioned to remove her dreads from by her ear, showing Joy, the other co-host something. So, with that said, she was probably wearing an aid. Sometimes they can't go too off topic so they can't elaborate sometimes and be specific. Anyhow, I found it very interesting. I googled soon after she said that, but nothing came up. Perhaps now?

After Starkey Foundation Event, Whoopi Goldberg Reveals She Wears Hearing Aids

New York — After attending the Starkey Hearing Foundation's “So the World May Hear” awards gala on July 24, 2011, Whoopi Goldberg later revealed to the National Enquirer that she is another Baby Boomer celebrity who wears hearing aids.

Goldberg was at the event to present an award to Marlee Matlin for raising more than a million dollars for the Starkey Foundation through Matlin competing and placing second on The Celebrity Apprentice.

After the event, Goldberg told the Enquirer that she was not only a supporter of the Foundation’s charitable efforts, but also that she suffered from low frequency hearing loss and wears Starkey hearing aids, hidden by her trademark dreadlocks, in both ears.

In the exclusive interview, Goldberg said that she attributes her hearing loss to years of listening to music using headphones at high sound volume

After Starkey Foundation Event, Whoopi Goldberg Reveals She Wears Hearing Aids | August 18, 2011 | The Insider | The Hearing Review | Hearing Review Products

Thank you for the link. Yao Ming was a great basketball player. Too bad he couldnt come back from foot injury he suffered in playoffs against the Lakers back in 2009. He missed the whole season in 2010. He is 7'6 and over 300lbs. Im gunna miss him and had no idea he's deaf in his left ear. Pretty cool!

EDIT: Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lou Ferrigno are hard of hearing.

Lou can eat my nasty cunt.

Back