So, I bought a new used van

Cheri said:
Updated:

It cost me 564.26 dollars to replace my muffler, Actutally one part was 212.97 for the Gasket, had to get exhaust pipe replace in the front and center. :whistle:

Well, Cheri..now u have a quiet car eh.I remember with my 1983 chevy impala..my friend and i was going on road trip to florida and my muffler was left in south carolina and wow it sounded like a harley with no muffler LOL When i got to florida..the good ol chev went right striaight to midas and shelled out $130 for the new set of exhaust.

RE:rolling back the odometer....This is something i would never ever do and if i found out thatsomeone had done it to my van ..I'll be the last person to own this van cos when im done with it its going stright to the junk yard. Reason being, i wouldnt know the orgianal mileage on it and i would not want to give other people false hope. Right now I think my milegae is true and operational.

Bowak said:
Well, Cheri..now u have a quiet car eh.I remember with my 1983 chevy impala..my friend and i was going on road trip to florida and my muffler was left in south carolina and wow it sounded like a harley with no muffler LOL When i got to florida..the good ol chev went right striaight to midas and shelled out $130 for the new set of exhaust.
Oh Yes! It does sounds like a harley with no muffler after my muffler fell off, People drive pass me and looked at me like :ugh: I would wave at them and say, "This is my pieces of shit car" :thumb: Now that problem is repaired, It's more quiet, Nobody looking at me now.

And thanks for the advice about getting a life time warranty, I got that. :mrgreen:

Excellent Cheri...i should practice what i preach LOL i got the cheapest one and never got the life time warranty HOWEVER i did actually do that with my another old car.

U shoulda seen the guys on their harleys when i went by them with no muffler LOL

Well, heres a long over due update on that old thing...sold the van for 800 buks LOL

Found out it died on the new owner with in a few mths (thanks god it didnt happen to me )

Bought a ford explorer (now sold) then to the oldsmobile ( up for grabs) and NOW I own a 1997 monte carlo and it kicks ass!

-- That year, when I was 19 and driving that shibox commodore, which has recently died late last year after it was sold. But here it is the story, I was heading to the county with some friends and one of them was from Sydney and was driving a ute which was dropped so low, and he was speeding across the highway and did a sharp right turn..... guess what?

After the sharp turn, his muffler system (that was connected the the engine) broke when it hit a rock on the road, it went BANNNNNG! * it was so loud* and now the ute had to drive slow cause it was so loud such it feels like a motorbike roaring past. He had to replace the whole muffler system. $800 for the replacement :eek3:

Well, heres a long over due update on that old thing...sold the van for 800 buks LOL

Found out it died on the new owner with in a few mths (thanks god it didnt happen to me )

Bought a ford explorer (now sold) then to the oldsmobile ( up for grabs) and NOW I own a 1997 monte carlo and it kicks ass!

SOLD? :eek3:

You should have raced with camaro to get some cash so you can buy a new car.

[yt]HpBahe4RskE[/yt]

:rofl2: precisely would have been a different story if it happened!

SOLD? :eek3:

You should have raced with camaro to get some cash so you can buy a new car.

[yt]HpBahe4RskE[/yt]

I would've killed my old van instantly lol

I bet that van was juiced up for the race.Besides, my wife and I love my monte carlo :D

Back