Snake Head in Veggies At TGI Friday's

Loghead

Reaction score
CLIFTON PARK, N.Y. - A diner at a T.G.I. Friday's in Upstate New York says he got a little something extra with his broccoli - a severed snake head.

Jack Pendleton says he was at the restaurant in Clifton Park on Sunday when he spotted something grey mixed in with his vegetables. He realized it was a snake head the size of his thumb, with part of the spine still attached.

Pendleton says he snapped a photo with his cellphone camera and called the waiter over. He says he has no plans to sue.

A spokeswoman for the Carrollton, Texas, chain says it's investigating. It wasn't immediately known what kind of snake it was.

Pendleton and his girlfriend weren't charged for their meals.

:shock: I would be terrified. :lol: Snakes are one of the many things that freak me out. I would have probably thrown the plate somewhere out of fear. Then I would have screamed and ran out of the restaurant. TGI's is lucky that the customer was someone who obviously wasn't afraid of snakes.

:lol:

I love that line!! They should have gotten something like a year of free dinner.

Man Finds Snake Head in Broccoli at New York Diner - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

i wanted to see the photo and i found it. its foxnews.

0_61_snake_320.jpg

Last edited:
Back in Texas, I've eaten snake before when I hiked with friends in the Davis Mountains Big Bend area. The head is not edible, but it also depends on the right species, not all are good to eat! LOL

The snake may have gotten in the vegetables in the packaging factory and in the bagging process got his head severed off and in mixed in with the other vegetables and it wasn't recognized until it ended up on someone's plate.

This is one of the reasons why the CDC recommends that you wash your fruits and vegetables when you purchase them from the store or market.

Hmm... a snakehead in a bowl of veggies?

Could be a scam. :dunno:

I originally thought that the customer put the snake head there so he could sue. I find it hard to believe that the kitchen staff didn't spot that, I mean it's kind of big and doesn't look like a vegetable.

After reading so many stories about staff spitting in food and worse, I really have lost interest in eating out-even takeout food. I'd rather make it myself so I know what's in my food.

Lucky bastard. >.>

Yuck! There was one time I was eating at a really expensive restaurant. We had just received the bread, and a silver fish ran across the table. I was totally grossed out.

I have had other things too. One time I had something in my meat. Almost broke my tooth on it.

Plus free Omega-3 acids! I hear those are good for you. ;)

*shudders* If that has happened to me, I would be screaming top of my lungs as I have huge fear of snakes.... I would probably scream and jump out of the seat... with possibility of suing them.

Back