Sleight of Hand

lol Fredfram I am the worst one to ask! Although I can sign pretty well I sign SEE more than I do ASL.

I can read ASL but signing it is a different matter. I grew up hearing so I tend to sign SEE due to that fact.

Ok, Tousi? Yoohoo my friend. Did you recognize this ASL idiom I gave?

And Banjo? Did you get it? The ASL idiom.

Eep. I'm trying to figure it out at the moment.

The first sign would be easily known as "contact", but the rest I'm not too sure about. I'll probably slap myself silly once I find out.

Eep. I'm trying to figure it out at the moment.

The first sign would be easily known as "contact", but the rest I'm not too sure about. I'll probably slap myself silly once I find out.

You are very warm! Contact is a clue I would have given. Lets see.. hmmm
Some people think it's crazy to go bunji jumping. To say they are crazy they might say,"That person is a little touched in the head."
When I go into a fancy store I always warn my kids not to "touch that"!can you get it now?

You are very warm! Contact is a clue I would have given. Lets see.. hmmm
Some people think it's crazy to go bunji jumping. To say they are crazy they might say,"That person is a little touched in the head."
When I go into a fancy store I always warn my kids not to "touch that"!can you get it now?

OK it means: "Let's Stay In Touch"

tada! :party::wiggle::dance2:

Um . . . I'm losing it, too . . . which idiom is currently up for guesses?

Good morning. Here's some sleight of hand to start the day:

This three-word idiom is an answer to an unreasonable request. It means “No way!” or “You’re seriously deluded!”

1. The tips of all fingers and thumb of the right hand are fit into the O-shaped left hand.

2. Point to the person who made the preposterous suggestion.

3. The right index finger touches the forehead, then rapidly closes to the X sign and opens again, repeating several times as it rises above the head.

This one and I couldn't get it.

I still can't think of the idiom, see if I am reading this correctly. Are you signing, "You have zero understanding?"

Okay, clue time . . .

1. In the first sign, the fingers are not out; they are __.

2. You have the second sign right: It's "you."

3. The person you are signing to usually has what this sign means accompanied by REMs.

Okay, clue time . . .

1. In the first sign, the fingers are not out; they are __.

2. You have the second sign right: It's "you."

3. The person you are signing to usually has what this sign means accompanied by REMs.

Are you in dreamland?

Close enough. The idiom answer to a ridiculous, wishful question is "In your dreams!"

Close enough. The idiom answer to a ridiculous, wishful question is "In your dreams!"

Now! (see fredfam1 rubbing her hands together enthusiastically!) (don't forget to sign the maniac laughter)

This is your next ASL IDIOM!

With the third finger of each hand placed on the inside portion of the eyebrow,(the side closest to your nose) draw an imaginary line across your eyebrows toward the outside portion of your eyebrows with either hand ending up just slightly to the outside of each eyebrow, palms still towards face. Facial expression is one of relief.

Meaning: an emotional state after one has had a burden lifted

Now! (see fredfam1 rubbing her hands together enthusiastically!) (don't forget to sign the maniac laughter)

With the third finger of each hand placed on the inside portion of the eyebrow,(the side closest to your nose) draw an imaginary line across your eyebrows toward the outside portion of your eyebrows with either hand ending up just slightly to the outside of each eyebrow, palms still towards face. Facial expression is one of relief.

Banjo! Whatcha think?

Chase? You want to try this one?

I just want to give my thanks to the creator of this game, I am learning sign now cause it's fun to keep up with you guys!

I just want to give my thanks to the creator of this game, I am learning sign now cause it's fun to keep up with you guys!

You are Welcome! I created this game because I have the attention span of a flea, and need something to keep me motivated in learning my signs! I am having a blast with it myself and finding my retention of new signs incredible.

Back