Skyscrapers in other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope the skyscrapers are up to earthquake code as i watched a show about it on Discovery show or TLC? i cant remember which channel it was on but anyway they said most of them ( old skyscrapers) are not up to code which would be a disaster if it happen. It would be bad news.

Maybe the new ones would be better off with new things that would hold the skyscrapers if the earthquake occured. But despite for that old '57 plymouth buried in Tulsa, OK.

Maybe the new ones would be better off with new things that would hold the skyscrapers if the earthquake occured. But despite for that old '57 plymouth buried in Tulsa, OK.

yes the newer skyscrapers must be up to code and they r strict from what i have seen it on the show.

what '57 plymouth? i never heard of anything? hmm.. care to elaborate on this? hmm

Ahh, I thought it was all other states, my bad. Seattle, let me ask you something way off topic, you from seattle? If so, you know MetroGuy03? .

Yes We personally know each other in person. :)

100,000 ppl in one year, WHOA! That is a big dramatic change already and I bet the city is crowded, I wonder if there is plenty of deaf people. .

Actually... Seattle metro area is expecting to have two million new residents in two decades from now. Yes Seattle and its metro area is getting crowded now.

Yes many deaf people are moving to Seattle metro area lately... Seattle is one of very few big US cities that deaf people can get decent jobs without being discriminated. We got so many professional deaf people here.

In my hometown, we are building more work departments, houses in new suburbs even new highway, one of ours are looking like one of these in L.A! But worse, Sydney.

Yeah That's what one of my friends in Sydney told me about. I'm sure Sydney is much nicer than Los Angeles! :)

i hope the skyscrapers are up to earthquake code as i watched a show about it on Discovery show or TLC? i cant remember which channel it was on but anyway they said most of them ( old skyscrapers) are not up to code which would be a disaster if it happen. It would be bad news.

Of course. Look at Los Angeles... They had earthqukes and their skyscrapers didn't fall or collapse at all. They still standing up strongly. Here in Seattle, most of newer skyscrapers are up to the codes too. It is a law for all new skyscrapers that must be built to meet the codes.

yes the newer skyscrapers must be up to code and they r strict from what i have seen it on the show.

what '57 plymouth? i never heard of anything? hmm.. care to elaborate on this? hmm

'57 plymouth is a luxury car back from the 1950's, the peopple in Tulsa back then buried the car. until 50 years later which was only last june, unearthed to be a rusted car, I am sure you heard it on the news, if not. I will make a thread later.

Yes We personally know each other in person. :)

Actually... Seattle metro area is expecting to have two million new residents in two decades from now. Yes Seattle and its metro area is getting crowded now.

Yes many deaf people are moving to Seattle metro area lately... Seattle is one of very few big US cities that deaf people can get decent jobs without being discriminated. We got so many professional deaf people here.

Yeah That's what one of my friends in Sydney told me about. I'm sure Sydney is much nicer than Los Angeles! :)

Ahh, I noticed now. :)

That is good that seattle has the awareness of deafness for the professionals there! In the future, I would apply a good job there nowadays, if I intend to move to america for a change ;) (I am average in ASL though)

I know a lot of Sydney friends, I was wondering if your friend is deaf?

Of Course, despite I have been there to L.A in 1999, Sydney is much nicer than that! If you would notice the sydney photos on the internet ;)

Of course. Look at Los Angeles... They had earthqukes and their skyscrapers didn't fall or collapse at all. They still standing up strongly. Here in Seattle, most of newer skyscrapers are up to the codes too. It is a law for all new skyscrapers that must be built to meet the codes.

Yeah, meeting the codes is the most important, what happens if they don't meet the codes and exceed them?

That is good that seattle has the awareness of deafness for the professionals there! In the future, I would apply a good job there nowadays, if I intend to move to america for a change ;) (I am average in ASL though)

Yes. Seattle have some programs that train hearing employees to work with deaf employees which is very helpful for deaf people to get decent jobs. Many hearing people around here are educated about deaf people. Plus many hearing people around here know ASL too. You will enjoy Seattle for sure! :)

Few of them are deaf and the rest of them are hearing.

Of Course, despite I have been there to L.A in 1999, Sydney is much nicer than that! If you would notice the sydney photos on the internet ;)

I already know that. :) I seen thousands of pictures of Sydney on internet.

Yeah, meeting the codes is the most important, what happens if they don't meet the codes and exceed them?

Actually every construction site required an inspecters to see if they meet the codes or they will get fined for violated the codes. If some of inspecters didn't do good jobs on inspecting buildings... They will lose their licenses and face lawsuits from victems and their families if the buildings collapses.

Ahh, I thought it was all other states, my bad. Seattle, let me ask you something way off topic, you from seattle? If so, you know MetroGuy03?

yup we know each other personally in real life. :)

100,000 ppl in one year, WHOA! That is a big dramatic change already and I bet the city is crowded, I wonder if there is plenty of deaf people

yes, theres lots of deaf people here that moved here from other states and found some decent jobs. :)

just like metroguy said.

Most of the West US is in an earthquak zone so most skyscrapers are required to have earthquake safety code, of course on newer buildings since the code for quakes went in effect. Space Needle was one of the first to meet and exceed all earthquake codes back in 1962

yeah cuz LA is earthquake city! ha.. so naturally it would have to be up to code.. compare to seattle its not common for the city to have earthquake? but they are recognizing that Seattle could have earthquake one day. so they are trying to get it up to code and be prepared for it. you know?

'57 plymouth is a luxury car back from the 1950's, the peopple in Tulsa back then buried the car. until 50 years later which was only last june, unearthed to be a rusted car, I am sure you heard it on the news, if not. I will make a thread later.

Ahh, I noticed now. :)

OHhh yes i remmy it was on the news! i forgot about it.. but its rare that someone would bury the car. unless its a redneck thing to do? i dont know.. hahah!

yeah cuz LA is earthquake city! ha.. so naturally it would have to be up to code.. compare to seattle its not common for the city to have earthquake? but they are recognizing that Seattle could have earthquake one day. so they are trying to get it up to code and be prepared for it. you know?

Actually Seattle is located on hot spot for massive earthquakes that could shake Seattle up as 9.0 or 10.0. The scientists said that Seattle is due to have a massive earthquake at anytime by now to 2199. Last massive earthquake Seattle had was in the 1700s. I hope it will not happen in my lifetime. Seattle does have building codes that required all new buildings to built to meet the codes just be prepared for next earthquakes. We had an earthquake back in 2001. I didn't live in Seattle at that time when it happened.

Seattle had an big earthquake in 2001 and didn't cause damage to the new downtown seattle, but did cause damage to the buildings in old downtown seattle (pioneer square). seattle metro area gets earthquakes once in a occasion. :)

darn metroguy03 keeps beating me with answers. I wish the internet on this phone was faster and I'm at work. :P

Yes. Seattle have some programs that train hearing employees to work with deaf employees which is very helpful for deaf people to get decent jobs. Many hearing people around here are educated about deaf people. Plus many hearing people around here know ASL too. You will enjoy Seattle for sure! :)

I am sure, I would! Wait and see in the near future ;) When I come to town :D

I would love to do some deaf commuity work while I am in the States.

Actually every construction site required an inspecters to see if they meet the codes or they will get fined for violated the codes. If some of inspecters didn't do good jobs on inspecting buildings... They will lose their licenses and face lawsuits from victims and their families if the buildings collapses.

Very True, Very true... it occurs if they notice something is wrong.

Yeah, understandable. ;)

OHhh yes i remmy it was on the news! i forgot about it.. but its rare that someone would bury the car. unless its a redneck thing to do? i dont know.. hahah!

HAHA! It was definitely on the news, but rednecks? :ugh: Weird, like MetroGuy03 said.

Actually Seattle is located on hot spot for massive earthquakes that could shake Seattle up as 9.0 or 10.0. The scientists said that Seattle is due to have a massive earthquake at anytime by now to 2199. Last massive earthquake Seattle had was in the 1700s. I hope it will not happen in my lifetime. Seattle does have building codes that required all new buildings to built to meet the codes just be prepared for next earthquakes. We had an earthquake back in 2001. I didn't live in Seattle at that time when it happened.

Good luck, if it occurs in your lifetime, mate.

:giggle:

yeah i know that seattle is on hot spot for earthquake.. i have interests in Natural Phenomena.. so obiviously i would read books and watch discovery shows about things like that. grins!

Possibly so. Rednecks are weird. :roll:

hey be careful!... im a redneck... :P kids went swimming in the big trashcan.. thats redneck thing.. satellite dish on top of the broken fridge outside by the old house.. thats redneck thing... 2 faucet knobs in the kitchen sink..thats anther redneck thing.. yeah we used duck tape on most of things.. so many... :giggle:

Seattle had an big earthquake in 2001 and didn't cause damage to the new downtown seattle, but did cause damage to the buildings in old downtown seattle (pioneer square). seattle metro area gets earthquakes once in a occasion. :)

i remember that news.. and they said it was very deep so lucky didnt do much damages but to some older buildings of course. whew..

i remember that news.. and they said it was very deep so lucky didnt do much damages but to some older buildings of course. whew..

at least you are aware of it and know what's really going on. ill keep that in mind that you know lot about natural disasters. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back