Skyscrapers in other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I found the stats for NYC's population history.
It looks like it hit 1 million in roughly 1880's.

picture1nf9.png

Gee, it must be the first city to hit one million back then, even if there is proof of other countries beisdes NY?

Very true, it is a lovely city, I would imagine.... and i can not stand these heavy traffic 24/7... how can the taxi cope with these every day?

I guess those taxis drivers have lot of patiences. ;) I would rather take the train over taxi because it's cheaper and faster. :)

Did I hear you saying skyscrapers? Yay! I'd love to talk about them all day with you. You can ask metroguy03 cuz he knows that I drive him nuts with all the non-stop babbling about the city development, infrastructure, etc. :giggle:

LMAO!!!!! SOOO TRUE!!!!! :)

Stockmarkets? I can not believe that... I think Australia should take over it and try and beat what dubai can offer ;)

Maybe someday Australia will have supertalls to take over some cities. ;) I believe it may be possible once the population grows and have a good economy.

Gee, are these people trying to beat the world's tallest towers, these days? How come they can afford to build that TALL?

It is all about egos. Dubai wanted to be top city of everything including world's tallest building, world's largest shopping mall, world's tallest hotel, world's largest indoor ski resort, world's largest man made islands, etc. Dubai has another plan to build another world's tallest building called Al Burj which is over 1200m tall and more than 200 stories.

Dubai is doing exactly what New York City did in the 30s. Chicago is building world's third tallest skyscrapers, Chicago Spires which is over 2,000 feet tall and 150 stories. Las Vegas is trying to build Crown Las Vegas which is over 1,800 feet and hope to be world's next tallest hotel but having an issue with FAA right now. FAA haven't approved this proposed tower yet.

Billionaires can afford to construct world's tallest buildings.

WOW! I didn't know that we got some members here that have similiar interests as Sequias and I do! That is sooo awesome!!!! :)

Anyone is member of skyscrapercity.com or skyscraperpage.com? I am member of skyscrapercity.com.

Maybe someday Australia will have supertalls to take over some cities. ;) I believe it may be possible once the population grows and have a good economy.

You know we are trying to build even more and a lot of people are outraged in my hometown abt the building code being broken.

Our enconmy is doing good and I hear over there is bad?

It is all about egos. Dubai wanted to be top city of everything including world's tallest building, world's largest shopping mall, world's tallest hotel, world's largest indoor ski resort, world's largest man made islands, etc. Dubai has another plan to build another world's tallest building called Al Burj which is over 1200m tall and more than 200 stories.

Dubai is doing exactly what New York City did in the 30s. Chicago is building world's third tallest skyscrapers, Chicago Spires which is over 2,000 feet tall and 150 stories. Las Vegas is trying to build Crown Las Vegas which is over 1,800 feet and hope to be world's next tallest hotel but having an issue with FAA right now. FAA haven't approved this proposed tower yet.

Billionaires can afford to construct world's tallest buildings.

True, I keep hearing a lot of different things, every one is challenging their own egos with their countires!

What is the real issue for the FAA on that Las Vegas Proposal?

WOW! I didn't know that we got some members here that have similiar interests as Sequias and I do! That is sooo awesome!!!! :)

Anyone is member of skyscrapercity.com or skyscraperpage.com? I am member of skyscrapercity.com.

I am not a member of any outside forums, I'd rather stick onto alldeaf.com and JJ, you should thank me, which I was the one who brought this thread up once again. ;)

True, I keep hearing a lot of different things, every one is challenging their own egos with their countires!

Yepper! If I have money, I would build it too! :fingersx:

What is the real issue for the FAA on that Las Vegas Proposal?

The developer wanted to build Crown Las Vegas but it is about a mile away from the airport which is number one reason why it is big issues right now. If that tower got built, that would interrupt the flight routes. FAA is encouraging the developer to reduce the height of Crown Las Vegas. They're trying to figure it out right now.

I am not a member of any outside forums, I'd rather stick onto alldeaf.com and JJ, you should thank me, which I was the one who brought this thread up once again. ;)

Thanks! :) That's fine. :) Skyscrapercity.com and skyscraperpage.com have more references about skyscrapers, stadiums, community developments, etc that are happening around the world. That's where I got many informations from.

Yeppers! If I have money, I would build it too! :fingersx:

If you were multi-millionaire, I bet you would! ;)

The developer wanted to build Crown Las Vegas but it is about a mile away from the airport which is number one reason why it is big issues right now. If that tower got built, that would interrupt the flight routes. FAA is encouraging the developer to reduce the height of Crown Las Vegas. They're trying to figure it out right now.

Ahh, is it possible for them to move at some different location rather than near the airport?

Thanks! :) That's fine. :) Skyscrapercity.com and skyscraperpage.com have more references about skyscrapers, stadiums, community developments, etc that are happening around the world. That's where I got many informations from.

No worries, JJ! :) If you find some information from there, you can bring it up here, no worries. I am sure this time, more members, would discuss even we are already on the second page! ;)

*rise my hand* me too ;)

If you were multi-millionaire, I bet you would! ;)

Of course I would!

Ahh, is it possible for them to move at some different location rather than near the airport?

The developer wanted to build it in Las Vegas Strip area. That is big problem.

No worries, JJ! :) If you find some information from there, you can bring it up here, no worries. I am sure this time, more members, would discuss even we are already on the second page! ;)

True! :)

Of course I would!

The developer wanted to build it in Las Vegas Strip area. That is big problem.

True! :)

1. Good luck ;)

2. Big Problem? Let the FAA worry about it ;) I am sure there is a good solution. Or not.

3. Definitely! ;)

You know we are trying to build even more and a lot of people are outraged in my hometown abt the building code being broken.

Our enconmy is doing good and I hear over there is bad?

I guess the people in your area are grassroots and don't welcome newcomers in your town?

Its not true the economy is bad here. Seattle metro area is experiencing strong economy due to low business taxes and its been attracting lots of big name business to downtown belleuve and seattle. There have been so many new skyscrapers, new homes, business parks being built here. Over 100,000 people moved to wa state in 1 year. :)

I guess the people in your area are grassroots and don't welcome newcomers in your town?

Haha, seq, I would feel bad if we won't let them come to my hometown! Grassroots, hmmm...but a lot of sydneysiders has moved to Canberra, despite of the bad traffic in sydney ;) My hom etown is similar to Washington, D.C

Its not true the economy is bad here. Seattle metro area is experiencing strong economy due to low business taxes and its been attracting lots of big name business to downtown belleuve and seattle. There have been so many new skyscrapers, new homes, business parks being built here. Over 100,000 people moved to wa state in 1 year. :)

Ahh, I thought it was all other states, my bad. Seattle, let me ask you something way off topic, you from seattle? If so, you know MetroGuy03?

100,000 ppl in one year, WHOA! That is a big dramatic change already and I bet the city is crowded, I wonder if there is plenty of deaf people.

In my hometown, we are building more work departments, houses in new suburbs even new highway, one of ours are looking like one of these in L.A! But worse, Sydney.

i hope the skyscrapers are up to earthquake code as i watched a show about it on Discovery show or TLC? i cant remember which channel it was on but anyway they said most of them ( old skyscrapers) are not up to code which would be a disaster if it happen. It would be bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back